RELEASE [Release/Tutorial] Switch theme injector : Easily make custom themes

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by exelix11, Sep 24, 2018.

1. exelix11
    OP

exelix11 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    C:\users\exelix11\

2. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Thanks yeah I accidentally installed a theme for 6-7x on 8.1 lol

3. Storm21

Storm21 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    Switzerland
    It's not a 8xx ready theme... Uninstall with the NXThemesInstaller ;)

4. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    I couldn’t get into Atmos to do that but I was able to delete the folder from my sd card

Storm21 likes this.
  5. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Sorry if it's already asked but I tried to install some themes (some downloaded and some created my self) and I have the crash black screen (with the 12 seconds thing). Can you help me to fix that ?
    I'm on 8.1.0 and SX OS 2.8

6. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    it's possibly the archive bit issue, delete the themes folder, launch the installer and let it create it, copy your themes without creating folders. Trasfering files with ftp should completely bypass the problem

7. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Nope. Same issue :(
    When I try to install one with the album hombrew launcher, I have the 12 seconds black screen and when I use the R button method, it crash and I'm back to switch menu (with no theme installed of course)

Do I need to follow an extra step for make it work with sx os ?
    update : I tried to follow a tutorial with lockpick and stuff but doesn't work eather :(

Can you tell me what files the homebrew generate and where ? I'll check if everything is in place

Last edited by Cortexfou, Jul 20, 2019
  8. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    Possibly exfat corruption ? Do you use a mac ? cause the lockpick stuff or other setups aren't needed anymore.
    I'd say try a different fat32 sd card to check if it has to do with the console or the current sd.

Cortexfou likes this.
  9. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Tomorrow, I'll try a another SD card. I'll say if it work when I did it. Thanks for the help
    PS: I use Windows

UPDATE : It was ma SD card. I change it and now it work ! Many thanks !

Last edited by Cortexfou, Jul 21, 2019
  10. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    So yeah it's most likely sd corruption on your main sd card, formatting it to fat32 and copying back your files should fix it

Cortexfou likes this.
  11. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Yeah it work perfectly now. Thanks
    One last question : is there a way to extract the layout from a theme ?

Last edited by Cortexfou, Jul 21, 2019
  12. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    You can open an nxtheme in the layout editor to extract the files.

Cortexfou likes this.
  13. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey

Does anyone know a way for me to use the switch theme application without needing net framework 4.6.1?? Because, when i try to use the application it keeps asking me for it -and the problem is that my laptop cannot run that net framework at all :( it rejects it. -Help, would be much appreciated.

14. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    There's the web version but you have to convert the images to dds manually first (which will receive an update soon to make this easier), alternatively there's a bot on the qcean discord that creates themes from images you upload.

Last edited by exelix11, Jul 25, 2019
    HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  15. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    Ooh, okay cool but um quick question; when I download nro themes, how come when I try to see all of my games the 'show more' button doesn't appear at all on the themes? I legit tried to install the theme one by one, even multi select it, but nothing works. Just keeps giving me half of my game list and not all of it

16. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    Some themes may not show all the games in the main menu, but the all games button only appears when you have at least 12 installed, this is a limitation of the system. The only way around is to install some demos (you can just get the icons and then cancel the download) to fill the spots.

17. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey

Oooh shit that makes sense lol xD I kept thinking about that option to be honest with you but I thought it wasn't that -rather it was just a bug. But thank you so much for clearing that up q u q .

18. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    The new update is out, it brings more customization options and minor fixes, download and full changelog on github.
    There's a new update for the Web Injector too, now it supports JPG images and custom layouts from your pc, should make life much easier for non-windows users

HinaNaru Cutie and Supreme23 like this.
  19. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey

Oh my gosh you are a life savor ;-; the program you made? -Isn't supported on my laptop, for me to make my own themes ;^;!! For some odd reason when I download it and try to open it up -it would give me a net framework error, and I tried downloading the update buuut it doesn't wanna work on my laptop ;7;. So ,thank you for posting this up, and will be updating the nyx theme application.

20. exelix11
    OP

Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    Not sure why you get the net framework error, could be an old os version or wrong cpu architecture ig. Also you could be downloading the wrong version, the injector requires 4.6 iirc and some old framework version are still available. Anyway glad the web version works for you

Last edited by exelix11, Jul 25, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted