Apple [RELEASE + TUTORIAL] Giovanni - GBC Emulator for Apple Watch

Supercooperk9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, not sure if you will respond since it’s been a year since you last edit, but I was able to finally get the app downloaded on my watch and phone, and I can upload roms to it, but when I clicked the rom it just stays on the loading screen and never loads.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, not sure if you will respond since it’s been a year since you last edit, but I was able to finally get the app downloaded on my watch and phone, and I can upload roms to it, but when I clicked the rom it just stays on the loading screen and never loads.

That happened to me on Watch OS 7.2 iirc after the update and suddenly continued working. To be honest, dunno why it happens xD

HugoGrant

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey man I got this successfully installed and running on my iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch series 5 both on the latest iOS/os. I’m having the same problem mentioned here, games will run but after the first time running, regardless of game, it won’t run again and the app closes. If I add a new game it still runs but then the same happens so the only way to play is by keep adding new roms? Did you find a fix for this yet??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found temporary a fix!!! All you have to do to get roms to load again is go on your watch app on your phone, uncheck ‘show app on watch’ then lock your watch, go back to your phone watch app and check ‘show app on watch’ again and the roms will work again!

Exodia69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird then. It should not matter but are you signing with developer account or the free one?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will debug the Watchkit outputs in case something weird happens in specific cases. It might be related with a memory leak I haven't handled. But it's weird bc it's working for me.

Edit: It happened to me. I will try to check what's the issue.

Hey there. I too am experiencing the crash whenever opening any game after exiting for the first time.

I saw that you were going to look into this.

Any luck?

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
Hey there. I too am experiencing the crash whenever opening any game after exiting for the first time.

I saw that you were going to look into this.

Any luck?

To be honest, I haven't found the issue yet. I made some workarounds where I thought the problem is and stopped working after updating WatchOS so still in WIP xD

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
To be honest, I haven't found the issue yet. I made some workarounds where I thought the problem is and stopped working after updating WatchOS so still in WIP xD
HI
I have a problem installing the emulator on the watch
It says This app could not be installed at this time
Apple watch 4 OS 8.1

Installed successfully on the iphone xR

sdgros01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got everything installed on my series 4 but can not get it to load any roms. It will auto crash or sit on loading then crash on the watch. Tried pokemon yellow/ red/ gold GTA 2 and super mario.

Any ideas ?

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
I just got everything installed on my series 4 but can not get it to load any roms. It will auto crash or sit on loading then crash on the watch. Tried pokemon yellow/ red/ gold GTA 2 and super mario.

Any ideas ?

Yeah, crashes have been an issue lately. Need to check it again because it is some kind of API changes for sure

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey

Any ideas ?
yeah same thing is happening to me aswell, it just either crashes or gets stuck on the loading screen

gradyg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, crashes have been an issue lately. Need to check it again because it is some kind of API changes for sure
I don't know if you'll ever see this, but I think you're the only guy who could get this working on watchOS 8. If you ever find the time, please update! Thank you for your work already my man

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
Btw, I took a look past weekend, updating the emulator's code and discovered where it happens but not why (at least yet). The emulation worked on Xcode simulator with an update of gambatte's code (iOS 15.5+WatchOS 8.5) but for some reason on real hardware, the generated SKTexture from the allocated buffer pointer makes the watch to crash. There's probably a memory leak somewhere or at least, a bad alloc. I need to look more in depth.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Btw, I took a look past weekend, updating the emulator's code and discovered where it happens but not why (at least yet). The emulation worked on Xcode simulator with an update of gambatte's code (iOS 15.5+WatchOS 8.5) but for some reason on real hardware, the generated SKTexture from the allocated buffer pointer makes the watch to crash. There's probably a memory leak somewhere or at least, a bad alloc. I need to look more in depth.
Too bad I can't test this emulator on my watch :( it looks so awesome but i dont have a MAC :/

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
Too bad I can't test this emulator on my watch :( it looks so awesome but i dont have a MAC :/

If Apple allowed to generate IPAs with free developer account at least we could make one, but the ADHOC is paid exclusive and xcodebuild never worked for me :/

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain

Generating a bad image/loading image from resources instead of allocating the unsafepointer from buffer makes the emulator to work, but no image is displayed (making this unusable).

Benzimma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help installing… no to Davy on how to start but ! I’m trying my best to get on watch 7.. iPhone 12 Pro max

Manurocker95

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
I need help installing… no to Davy on how to start but ! I’m trying my best to get on watch 7.. iPhone 12 Pro max

plug your phone to the mac computer, open the xcode project and compile it with the phone as target. The iphone will install the watchkit app automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-