Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to coldboot tiramisu in 5.5.6U ?

The hack still works loading ⚠ Health & Safety and returning to menu,
and enviroment loader works holding X

but as far as I know the user's menu had improvements in this new firmware. Is coldboot Tiramisu still compatible with it?
yes, I went back to autobooting immediately considering I wanted my theme back, and I needed a safety net in case of brick.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
it worked. thank you. It's all solved. Tiramisú is still compatible with 5.5.6U firmware

Now, it rises few questions.
Do i have to disable standby mode to avoid automatic updates?
Is UFDiine still reliable to avoid updates?
Or should i stick to block updates via DNS?

Last edited by ArgoRV,

Tennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anyone address whether or not a Wii U with the 5.5.6U update can be still hacked? I haven't used my Wii U in a while and it is on a much lower version and as it just happened, I wanted to play a little bit of older games online when this newest update was released.

I really do not want to go through the hassle of hacking my Wii U now and would just prefer to update to play online for a bit, so can I just do that or will hacking be harder or impossible afterwards?

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can anyone address whether or not a Wii U with the 5.5.6U update can be still hacked? I haven't used my Wii U in a while and it is on a much lower version and as it just happened, I wanted to play a little bit of older games online when this newest update was released.

I really do not want to go through the hassle of hacking my Wii U now and would just prefer to update to play online for a bit, so can I just do that or will hacking be harder or impossible afterwards?
it worked. thank you. It's all solved. Tiramisú is still compatible with 5.5.6U firmware
just read few lines above

Reactions: jeannotte

Mothius

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there all.

My Wii U updated to 5.5.6 while on sleep mode, i use Tiramisu, i try to press X while booting but he enviroment loader not load, i need reinstall Tiramisu in this case?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there all.

My Wii U updated to 5.5.6 while on sleep mode, i use Tiramisu, i try to press X while booting but he enviroment loader not load, i need reinstall Tiramisu in this case?

Enter the Health & Safety app again and press X while it boots.
That should give you access to the Tiramisu installer again, change the option to payload once again.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi there all.

Same thing happened to me. Enter Health & Security holding X > installer > Check > boot options > payloadloader

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they fix that , that would be a big boo boo if 5.5.6 meaningfully patched anything (curious that they did fix some hole on the 3ds update - I guess 3ds has more interest for nefarious stuff)

Don’t you guys have auto updates off tho?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they fix that , that would be a big boo boo if 5.5.6 meaningfully patched anything (curious that they did fix some hole on the 3ds update - I guess 3ds has more interest for nefarious stuff)

Don’t you guys have auto updates off tho?
The wiiu doesn't have a way to disable autoupdates.

Tennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just read few lines above
I've read everything in this thread since 5.5.6U came out and your quoted post doesn't clarify it for me, since it sounds like you updated an already hacked system. I was specifically asking whether or not this new system update prevents hacking the Wii U in the first place.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read everything in this thread since 5.5.6U came out and your quoted post doesn't clarify it for me, since it sounds like you updated an already hacked system. I was specifically asking whether or not this new system update prevents hacking the Wii U in the first place.
It does not.

Reactions: Tennin

notedwiiuhaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Now, it rises few questions.
Do i have to disable standby mode to avoid automatic updates?
Is UFDiine still reliable to avoid updates?
Or should i stick to block updates via DNS?
I had the same experience of automatically updating from 5.5.5 to 5.5.6 despite having Tiramisu set up to autoboot. Tiramisu is working now after re-enabling autoboot. Thanks for posting your experience, it helped!

I have the same question. Standby functions were on in my settings, so I could use the Quick Start Menu. Should they have been off? Do I need to do more to block updates?

Reactions: ArgoRV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper