Homebrew [Release] tikSweep - Remove Unused Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

banner.png

tikSweep is a small utility I made that will remove any ticket files that are not being used.

This is useful if you've tried something like TIKdevil or tikShop and decided you want to remove these ticket files.

It will not delete tickets for any software that is currently installed, nor will it touch any system tickets regardless of their state.

Source code: https://www.github.com/DanTheMan827/tikSweep/

qr_code.png

awesome just what i wanted

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@DanTheMan827

Cool app, but whats the purpose of just deleting the tickets when they are just so tiny in size? Besides, those still remain in ticket.db doesnt it?

Now if it removes it there as well then that would be cool. The only method I heard about to remove the tickets from ticket.db was through FBI and that was a bit of a tedious process.

Here is a link for what I remember:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-cleaning-tickets.425067/

Reactions: DrkBeam

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DanTheMan827

Cool app, but whats the purpose of just deleting the tickets when they are just so tiny in size? Besides, those still remain in ticket.db doesnt it?

Now if it removes it there as well then that would be cool. The only method I heard about to remove the tickets from ticket.db was through FBI and that was a bit of a tedious process.

Here is a link for what I remember:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-cleaning-tickets.425067/
hmm... that I did not know...

I actually don't know a whole lot about the inner workings of the 3DS but I do know some C++ and I figured this could be a useful little utility...

It kind of seems that tickets.db sort of works like a HDD in a computer where data isn't deleted but rather overwritten when new stuff comes in...

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
hmm... that I did not know...

I actually don't know a whole lot about the inner workings of the 3DS but I do know some C++ and I figured this could be a useful little utility...

It kind of seems that tickets.db sort of works like a HDD in a computer where data isn't deleted but rather overwritten when new stuff comes in...
I assume more work has been done in this regard, I myself have been distant from the scene for quite a while, and as you can probably see, that post is old. I'm sure steveice10 can chime on this though if you ask him. I have personally been looking to clean up my db for such a long time

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think tickets are technically still left in ticket.db but are marked as deleted. much like a filesystem. new tickets overwrite old ones that are "deleted".

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, who would I message about renaming this thread?

I think I'm going to rename it to tiKleaner since I just suck at naming :unsure:

That seems more appropriate... has Cleaner and Leaner in the name... right?

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

_D1360_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is it true that tiks deleted are not deleted, but they are hidden instead? (Still on ticket.db)

Last edited by _D1360_,

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about legit E Shop purchases ? That would also delete them wouldnt it ?

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick noob question, if it deletes an actually legit ticket from a game I bought on eshop, I can still download it right? I would imagine so as it's probably Nintendo serverside.

Just asking as you can never be too careful :3

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick noob question, if it deletes an actually legit ticket from a game I bought on eshop, I can still download it right? I would imagine so as it's probably Nintendo serverside.

Just asking as you can never be too careful :3
open the eshop to reinstall tickets for eshop purchases

Reactions: Boured

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I found this app very useful considering me deleting ton of games and homebrews for last 9 monthes.
Now I want to know a little thing - how many tickets are supposed to be on "clean" system without any apps? I have total of 167 tickets including 13 games, some dlcs and updates and 6 homebrews.

Last edited by vexhash,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol