Hacking [Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will there ever be a Wii U version?

Wii U doesn't seem to be as well documented as the 3DS. Also I don't have a Wii U or any knowledge about it so, if it does get one it'll be from someone else.

Great application! I bought 100 NTAG215 chips stickers, if I load a Amiibo.bin I have all the option to write, but If I scan an official amiibo ( the smash bros ones to edit data ) there is nothing, it is scanned but I go back to the first screen, with only Load and Scan available... Is it normal?

Can you try the latest version I release today 2.4.1?

Last edited by HiddenRambler,

Kong Fan

Grumpy Old Fart
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Installed 2.4.1. today, everything works 100%, wrote a couple of .bins & read one as well. 10*
Nice one for this!, your efforts are much appreciated.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to delete all data from a nfc tag after writing an amiibo to it?
Are we able to delete the amiibo and write another one to the same nfc 215 tag?

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to delete all data from a nfc tag after writing an amiibo to it?
Are we able to delete the amiibo and write another one to the same nfc 215 tag?
No. For the NFC tag to work as an Amiibo, the NFC Tag must be write protected after you write the Amiibo file to it.

If you want to use one NFC tag to delete and write different Amiibo files to it over and over again, get an Amiibo Emulator device, such as N2 Elite or Amiiqo.

With those emulator devices, you can flash many Amiibo files to the device, and cycle through them and use any of the Amiibo files you have on the device at any time you want.

It's pretty cool. You don't even need any blank NFC tags either, the device is the tag, it emulates the NFC tag.

Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone tell me, what I exactly have to do, if I want to edit my wolf link amiibo from 3 hearts to 20 hearts?

- In the app tagmo, I would scan the amiibo
- then press "edit tp data"
- select 40 levels, 20 hearts.

But what will I have to do after that? Restore Tag? Write (Auto) Tag? Will I have to save it as a new amiibo bin file first?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by MSco,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear HiddenRambler,
Thank you for fixing a bug that has existed since I started using TagMo. The latest version, 2.4.1, doesn't crash when I load a tag, it doesn't crash when I view the hex data, and for the first time I can see the screen to edit SSB data instead of, you guessed it, crashing!!!!!

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jokkovitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Jailbreak is useless now according to Saurik (and many more).
And if they say the daemon of ios10 is hacked it is probably been jailbroken in some ways.

Last edited by Jokkovitch,

5dv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No. For the NFC tag to work as an Amiibo, the NFC Tag must be write protected after you write the Amiibo file to it.

If you want to use one NFC tag to delete and write different Amiibo files to it over and over again, get an Amiibo Emulator device, such as N2 Elite or Amiiqo.

With those emulator devices, you can flash many Amiibo files to the device, and cycle through them and use any of the Amiibo files you have on the device at any time you want.

It's pretty cool. You don't even need any blank NFC tags either, the device is the tag, it emulates the NFC tag.
is n2 elite durable?

D

Deleted User

TagMo crashes everytime I tap Scan tag. No matter I tried with only NFC or both NFC (+ Android Beam) / S Beam.

Device model: Samsung Galaxy S4

Dani_MM

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone,

I have two old phones, a Samsung i8190 Galaxy S3 mini and a Sony Xperia T. Is Tagmo compatible with both of them?
I would like to know before I buy some nfc cards.

Than you

rumbah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the new version.
It is mentioned that it scans the TagMo folder for Amiibos to show in the Amiibo file browser. Where can I find this TagMo folder or have to create it? Are subfolders allowed or do all bin files have to be plain in that folder?

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is mentioned that it scans the TagMo folder for Amiibos to show in the Amiibo file browser. Where can I find this TagMo folder or have to create it? Are subfolders allowed or do all bin files have to be plain in that folder?

If you scan and save any amiibo it will automatically create the folder for you. otherwise you can make it yourself at the root of the android storage drive (accessible over usb).

Subfolders are allowed. Also you can disable the new browser in the settings screen and use a normal file browser if you run into any problems (But please report such issues so we can fix it).

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone use a phone with an android version less that 4.4? (i.e.: Ice cream sandwitch or Jelly Bean)?

We are considering the versions of android to support so it's important to know if anyone is using one of those versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up