[Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by HiddenRambler, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Latest build never works on my Samsungs. The only version that ever works for me is this one. And it works perfectly with everything up to gs7

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty25dclqt9ui0mp/tagmo2.1.apk?dl=0

2. porygon3000

porygon3000 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Mexico
    app-fat-armeabi-v7a-debug - Crashed when scanning the card in "Write to Tag (Auto)"

app-fat-x86-debug - I get to the "Write to Tag (Auto)" screen, but nothing happens when I put the card under the phone, it just makes the beep

app-fat-universal-debug - I get to the "Write to Tag (Auto)" screen, but nothing happens when I put the card under the phone, it just makes the beep

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Did you try the version I posted?

4. porygon3000

porygon3000 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Mexico
  5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, something changed after 2.1

No worries, I keep a copy for every new phone I buy. Works perfectly on all Samsungs

6. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I'm glad you got it working.

7. MikauBrutus

MikauBrutus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    United States
    The version @Kafluke posted fixed the crash error, but I"m still getting a (Stage 1) Transceive error. So frustrating; I can't figure out how to get it to work. Also using a Samsung Galaxy S7. Could it be that my tags are no good or perhaps my keytags are incorrect?

8. NiteSite

NiteSite Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2005
    United States
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...g-editing-amiibos.431670/page-22#post-7263447 <- This compiled version of the app with the TP hearts editor works great on my s8! Programed 9 tags today and they all work with no issues!! App did not crash at all while using.

MattKimura likes this.
  9. scrid2000

scrid2000 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    United States
    When I used a Tagmo SSB Link in Breath of the Wild, it spawns Epona every single time I scan it instead of spawning different loot. Does anyone know why that might be and what, if anything, I can do to change it?

10. sickhouse

sickhouse Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    Put Epona in the stable.

scrid2000 likes this.
  11. scrid2000

scrid2000 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    United States
    That seems to have done it, thank you.

12. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I bought a pack of pvc ntag215 cards. What is the best way to apply graphics other than buying an expensive printer? I was thinking maybe sticker paper

13. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    Canada
  14. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
  15. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    I can happily report after finally getting a legit battery, my Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini (Specifically the SM-G730 model) was able to write my tags. :D

The background UI likes to interrupt my app to tell me it detected a new tag...Anyway to prevent it from doing that? It's kinda of annoying. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder, May 15, 2017
  16. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Anybody know if there is a version working perfectly with a Pixel on 7.1.2? The official apk messes up a lot. When scanning tags, it doesn't always update and show what scan I just tagged and the serial number. Edit SSB data crashes immediately. Sometimes simply loading a bin crashes.

17. kolosus

kolosus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2010
    United States
    Get TagInfo from the play store. I've included a screen shot of a ntag216, since I couldn't find a ntag215 one but you get the idea. Use TagInfo to scan the tag. It will tell you what type of tag it is.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

18. Muetzen

Muetzen Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I try to use tagmo on my old samsung s2 plus. (Firmware 4.2.2)
    I try any official and custom version of tagmo, i alway get the Error Message:

Error: Error while writing main data (stage 1) java.io.IOException: Tansceive failes

Did anyone get tagmo working on a s2 plus ???

19. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    I prefer NCF Tools, it tells you the amiibo name!

Attached Files:

20. mofukr

mofukr Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States

Try using Near Field NFC Tester from the Play store to see if your phone actually has NFC and that it is turning on. The s2 plus came in more than one variation and only one of those had NFC.

The other factor that could definitely cause issues is using any Android version before Kit-Kat (4.4). Google made a bunch of API changes to NFC after 4.4 so it is quite possible that TagMo needs to communicate with your NFC module using methods only available after 4.4 (although I don't know either way for sure).

The error you're receiving is a communications error essentially complaining that your NFC reader is not sending the data.

Last edited by mofukr, May 18, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted