Hacking [release] SuperNova - Phantasy Star Nova save editor :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So, this is basically my favorite game on the vita!

I made this save editor today.

I have only worked on the save from the 1.05 patch, no I don't expect this to work with lower versions, and no plans of adding support for them.

supernova0-1.png

(It's in C#, I have never used that before, I'll put the source up on github later when it is cleaner and updated a bit more, don't worry.)
Windows only, never thought I would do this, sorry!

I want to add inventory/storage editing.
I can already do simple stuff, like changing amounts, good for the dlc exp boosts :)
(I will see if I can inject the dlc exp boosts to the save without needing to buy them)
We can do cool stuff like having 255 scapedolls (I guess more, it's 16bit), instead of the normal max of 5.
When I set scapedolls to FFFF, it didn't get used upon death, so that wasn't good.
But stuff like monomates, if you set to FFFF, you can still use them (and the value won't even go down to FFFE)

If anyone can have a look at items, how they are stored in the save, please share :)
I think items are stored in 16 bytes, but I might be wrong.
I assumed monomates, dimates, trimates would be together in memory, but no they are spread out... strange.

I can edit stuff like gran arts/technique levels, but I will add this stuff to the editor later.

Any bugs etc, please tell me.

BACK UP YOUR SAVE!

https://github.com/llakssz/SuperNova

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• SuperNova.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,405
Last edited by cearp,

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh so cool @cearp! Thanks for this, love this game as well. Someday can't wait to see some vpkAngel or FunkyVPK stuff lol. Love your work, going to try this out tonight.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ahhh so cool @cearp! Thanks for this, love this game as well. Someday can't wait to see some vpkAngel or FunkyVPK stuff lol. Love your work, going to try this out tonight.
haha let me know how it works! or any suggestions/requests.
it's a shame it's jpn only, the game should get more attention. but now that it's possible to translate it, we will see.
the game isn't perfect, i still prefer pso on gc, and i don't like crafting items, but yeah it's very good :D

Reactions: MDashK

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i edit my gran to 999999, my level to 191 and whatever scape dolls is to 255 i think

what does scape dolls do anyway?
they revive you when you die.
you can only have 5 on your person :) but if we edit the save we force more in.

nice the tool works, i didn't really test it :rofl2:

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah sorry @cearp been having to much fun forgot to give feedback! Yeah just did money and level to 150 but so far so good it works great! I'll try more in the coming days.

Reactions: cearp

Skardale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is basically my favorite game on the vita!

I made this save editor today.

I have only worked on the save from the 1.05 patch, no I don't expect this to work with lower versions, and no plans of adding support for them.

View attachment 58954

(It's in C#, I have never used that before, I'll put the source up on github later when it is cleaner and updated a bit more, don't worry.)
Windows only, never thought I would do this, sorry!

I want to add inventory/storage editing.
I can already do simple stuff, like changing amounts, good for the dlc exp boosts :)
(I will see if I can inject the dlc exp boosts to the save without needing to buy them)
We can do cool stuff like having 255 scapedolls (I guess more, it's 16bit), instead of the normal max of 5.
When I set scapedolls to FFFF, it didn't get used upon death, so that wasn't good.
But stuff like monomates, if you set to FFFF, you can still use them (and the value won't even go down to FFFE)

If anyone can have a look at items, how they are stored in the save, please share :)
I think items are stored in 16 bytes, but I might be wrong.
I assumed monomates, dimates, trimates would be together in memory, but no they are spread out... strange.

I can edit stuff like gran arts/technique levels, but I will add this stuff to the editor later.

Any bugs etc, please tell me.

BACK UP YOUR SAVE!

Enjoy :)
Any update on this progress? Also does save have top be decrypted

Last edited by Skardale,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Any update on this progress? Also does save have top be decrypted
decrypted, yes of course! :)

and i am making a atelier meruru save editor at the moment, when finished i will continue with this.
only because, for meruru, i can make it without the vita, but for this game, i need the vita to test. (i don't own meruru)

Reactions: Skardale

Skardale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decrypted, yes of course! :)

and i am making a atelier meruru save editor at the moment, when finished i will continue with this.
only because, for meruru, i can make it without the vita, but for this game, i need the vita to test. (i don't own meruru)
Awesome! Maybe you could work with aida at pso2 Reddit and help pinpoint the text files in game? Or is that way different than a save file.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Awesome! Maybe you could work with aida at pso2 Reddit and help pinpoint the text files in game? Or is that way different than a save file.
i never looked at the game files, it's different to the save file :)
although, i will want the item ids+names, so that i can use it in the editor. if this user has found that already, cool, that is helpful.
but yeah there isn't much i can help with if they want to translate the game, any find i found won't be helpful.
(the names and ids will be in the game files, somewhere, in some form)

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Skardale

Skardale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never looked at the game files, it's different to the save file :)
although, i will want the item ids+names, so that i can use it in the editor. if this user has found that already, cool, that is helpful.
but yeah there isn't much i can help with if they want to translate the game, any find i found won't be helpful.
(the names and ids will be in the game files, somewhere, in some form)
Hope you can find it out. Wish I could help...sadly I don't know much other than when the psp2 work tempAR or cwcheat memory editing x.x

Skardale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here have the means to dump the game? I have to wait two weeks instead of my last payday cause I wasn't able to work 70+ hours in two weeks :/ still gonna buy it just want to start early on the game.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Does anyone here have the means to dump the game? I have to wait two weeks instead of my last payday cause I wasn't able to work 70+ hours in two weeks :/ still gonna buy it just want to start early on the game.
haha... I'm not dumping any of my games yet.

on chinese sites they are dumping games too, i didn't see it there though.

if you want to start early, play the demo.
and the game is usually very cheap on ebay.

but yeah in a week easy it should be up i guess by someone.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i saw the game uploaded on that vita reddit piracy page. but no update, so i doubt my save editor would work, it assumes 1.05

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: