GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any update of the updater?
The latest update is my unofficial build (1.4.0). The changes I did were actually merged, but they're minor, addressing a few issues. I'm currently busy with things such as Corbenik/Skeith Updater, but I've been doing a larger rewrite to change the UI. However, I barely even started, and it'll take a while.
If you want to take a look at it though, you can download it from https://github.com/gnmmarechal/StarUpdater

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest update is my unofficial build (1.4.0). The changes I did were actually merged, but they're minor, addressing a few issues. I'm currently busy with things such as Corbenik/Skeith Updater, but I've been doing a larger rewrite to change the UI. However, I barely even started, and it'll take a while.
If you want to take a look at it though, you can download it from https://github.com/gnmmarechal/StarUpdater

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Doesent work anymore?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Doesent work anymore?
It definitely does - however - my site, gs2012.xyz, is down, and this app (and other apps I made) rely on info from the server. The site should be back up tomorrow. I'll probably upgrade my hosting plan soon to avoid this in the future.

EDIT: I've just upgraded my hosting plan, site is back up.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Xenosaiga

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Star Updater shows my Luma3DS version as an ''is'' after I updated to v6.1.1-c711ed62 version.
This was explained few times before but basically why updaters broke in 6.1 is because Luma's strings in the bin were changed around a little, and there is "is updated" or something in the bin where the version string was at before. The version string is still there just slightly in different place and the updater apps need to be updated for that.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This was explained few times before but basically why updaters broke in 6.1 is because Luma's strings in the bin were changed around a little, and there is "is updated" or something in the bin where the version string was at before. The version string is still there just slightly in different place and the updater apps need to be updated for that.
So, I guess Luma has been updated in my 3DS correctly, but the version string has just changed location, right? Thanks.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Although originally I was going to drop support, I decided to update StarUpdater with a patch for v6.1.1 of Luma: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases/tag/v1.4.1
Cool stuff. I've been trying to make the UI prettier, but I haven't had the chance to actually try it. Once I did, I found out that I got a lot of stuff wrong so I'll have to go, rewrite, and while I am at it rebase my repo to have those changes x.x

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...