ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

witchyac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello!! i've attempted to do the savebackup at least 10 times but my screen just keeps flashing black no matter what i do. all of the leaftools are in the root of my sd card, not in a folder. i'm not sure what it means by "stable state" though? i'm standing outside of my home, able to run around. i've ejected my sd card a few times, put it back in, ejected ACNL, put it back in, restarted a bunch of times, but no matter what it wont work. my 3ds is ver 9.4.0-21U. any idea what i can do? :( i'd love to try this.

StephanieJ58

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to scan a code no color comes up. Just some text on the bottom screen. Do I need to wait longer for it to go through? Or am I doing this wrong?

Starryparade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm really excited to use these hacks but when I scan the QR codes it does this
tumblr_nlda7evYd61qdurrlo2_540.jpg

then it crashes with no color flash, what does this mean? I am Ver. 9.4.0-21U

Reactions: witchyac

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to scan a code no color comes up. Just some text on the bottom screen. Do I need to wait longer for it to go through? Or am I doing this wrong?
did you move the files in the .zip download to your SD card?

starry: this has happened to me a couple times, more often than not it meant (for me) that the thing worked, as I'd found when I went to check. it mostly happened with the rock QR but it happened with the grass one once too
possibly check around your town and see if what you were aiming to do worked.
if it did, I wouldn't think much of it tbh.
(again, this was just my experience)

Starryparade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No results yet, it keeps crashing and giving me this error screen
I've got all the files in the root of my SD card, not sure what I'm doing wrong

Attachments

• Photo Mar 17, 10 31 40 AM.jpg
    Photo Mar 17, 10 31 40 AM.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 454
Reactions: cibomatto

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try resetting your browser's save data, it's at the bottom of the options menu. This usually fixes it for me. Also make sure you meet the requirements listed in the OP.

Also note that the color codes don't always show up, the browser runs at the same time and draws over the screen. Check the game to make sure you got the effect you wanted, or your SD card to make sure the save game was dumped (for save backup)

littlespacecase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel stupid, but I'm confused.

How to I get the leaf tools on to my SD card and/or computer? Clicking the link opens a new tab but no download is started. Am I supposed to use the QR code?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try resetting your browser's save data, it's at the bottom of the options menu. This usually fixes it for me. Also make sure you meet the requirements listed in the OP.

Also note that the color codes don't always show up, the browser runs at the same time and draws over the screen. Check the game to make sure you got the effect you wanted, or your SD card to make sure the save game was dumped (for save backup)
You've done a brilliant job with this. Any plans to tackle other games in the future?

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
I feel stupid, but I'm confused.
How to I get the leaf tools on to my SD card and/or computer? Clicking the link opens a new tab but no download is started. Am I supposed to use the QR code?

At the bottom of the post, download the RAR (or zip file, I forgot) Then open it, and extract the bin files to your 3DS SD card. Go into the home menu on your 3DS (in game) Press L+R, then the camera will show up. Click on the QR image at the bottom left corner, and scan the QR code above the link. Open the browser, wait, and if the bottom screen is green (sometimes it doesn't show any colors) and then it shows "An error has occured" then you will get a suprise in game! If it doesn't work (and if you have EVER used the web browser), go into the web browser settings (in the web browser application), then clear history and cookies and try again.

jacobsladders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, when you say they don't work with powersaves, do you mean if you save a copy of your game on powersaves the cheats won't save? or do you mean you can't add furniture and stuff with powersaves while you have cheats in use?

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, when you say they don't work with powersaves, do you mean if you save a copy of your game on powersaves the cheats won't save? or do you mean you can't add furniture and stuff with powersaves while you have cheats in use?

It means you can't use it with the actual powersave file you download to your computer. You can still use it even if you've powersaved your game before.

Can we have walk through walls pleeaaase? :P I don't see why it shouldn't work in ACNL, and we could explore "the unexplored"

This requires code to be run alongside the game which is not possible with this exploit. At the moment we're limited to simple reads and writes to the game's memory, while the browser is running.

There IS the net glitch, if you want to glitch "through" walls and get out of bounds that way. Or you can plant a stump along the wall or river with Marc Max's editor, which lets you sit on the stump and then "get up" onto the wall or river.

jacobsladders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why it shouldn't work. Have you tried powersaves?

I have a powersaves. it's just that on the original post it says:

"WILL NOT WORK WITH (do not ask for support for these)
  • EmuNAND
  • Backup copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • New 3DS or New 3DS XL
  • SaveDataFiler save games, PowerSaves, etc."
So I assumed I couldn't use these cheats in combination with powersaves

jacobsladders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means you can't use it with the actual powersave file you download to your computer. You can still use it even if you've powersaved your game before.

This requires code to be run alongside the game which is not possible with this exploit. At the moment we're limited to simple reads and writes to the game's memory, while the browser is running.

There IS the net glitch, if you want to glitch "through" walls and get out of bounds that way. Or you can plant a stump along the wall or river with Marc Max's editor, which lets you sit on the stump and then "get up" onto the wall or river.

oh okay, so say if I downloaded some furniture or something off powersaves while I have the cheats in place. would the cheats still be in tact when I started up my game after using powersaves to get items?

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh okay, so say if I downloaded some furniture or something off powersaves while I have the cheats in place. would the cheats still be in tact when I started up my game after using powersaves to get items?

All the cheats in this post are one-time things, and once you save they become permanent. In a way, they're like the powersaves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1