[Release] Sonic-Mania-Decompilation Vita Port By SonicMastr500

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
you all will have to build them for yourselves. I can help if you need it. it's really not very hard, not nearly has hard as some compilations I've encountered. install wsl if using windows. I used debian. you can get these from the microsoft store.
Yeah my computer is so old and crappy I doubt I'll be able to build it myself, I'm on Windows 7... also regarding the game.suprx file I can't find it in the steam folder, I have the game on both PS4 and Switch (neither is modded though) think I can get it from there or something?

Reactions: SuperDan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
it was in the folder I uploaded. it's made during the build process.
yeah but sadly they got deleted before I managed to snatch them (I was 10 minutes late, stupid computer takes forever to start up, lol) anyway I guess I'll stick with the official "non-official" release since I have zero knowledge about how to compile a file like this.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but sadly they got deleted before I managed to snatch them (I was 10 minutes late, stupid computer takes forever to start up, lol) anyway I guess I'll stick with the official "non-official" release since I have zero knowledge about how to compile a file like this.
not sure if windows 7 is even compatible with wsl. I think it is, but I'm not sure. I'm on windows 10 myself.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess. I put the sonic plus data file in the data/mania folder, and I had no issues. it may be the game.suprx that's missing from the official release. it will be built during compiling. that also goes in the data/mania folder. at first, I thought the nsp went in there, so it was an endless black screen with no error. with the data file, it just takes a few seconds.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I guess. I put the sonic plus data file in the data/mania folder, and I had no issues. it may be the game.suprx that's missing from the official release. it will be built during compiling. that also goes in the data/mania folder. at first, I thought the nsp went in there, so it was an endless black screen with no error. with the data file, it just takes a few seconds.
Maybe you can share game.suprx file. It's not mania's content, it's some kind of vita library file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita devs asked nicely if we could remove the files. Not to get the board in issue plus not getting @godreborn in trouble. Since the game is still new and not abandonware by any stretch of the imagination.
based on the color of the background, it looks like it's discord. do you have a link to that channel? I'm on discord myself.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was via DMs. He joined gbatemps discord and DMed me.
ah, I'm on that discord as well, but I didn't look at it. I actually turned off sound from discord, since it's annoying to have a sound effect every time someone posts a message. though, it sucks that you can't enable it for friends or people you're dm'ing. a few devs in the ps4 scene also said that it was annoying, because I asked them if it was possible, and it's not.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by SuperDan,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like its Sonic Mania for real on Vita this month!!! Like I said earlier.. Never heard of Sonic Air... But just watched a YouTube video.. It looks like fun game
I hope we also get Sonic Triple Trouble 16bit ported to the Vita, it released last month with an Android release following.

As for Sonic 3 it’s the original Sonic Mania released back in 1994 with AIR being a fan upgraded version to improve on it, many consider it the best 2D Sonic ever made which I agree on, it’s also imo the best remaster as it modifies the original Rom rather than remake the game with a different engine like the other remasters while still adding widescreen and all kinds of bells and whistles like shorter loading times and customizations and extra features.

SonicMastr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for joining us SonicMastr! We love e your work!
Thank you :)
Seeing no one answered my question I watched some videos on youtube and confirmed its not just me.
IntegerGeorge is another dev who contributed to RSDKv5 decomp and don't worry. It's just a placeholder for when you don't set your username.

You can change it by adding username=your_name under the [Game] section of your Settings.ini file

Also, not sure if the OP can edit it, but I released Version 1.0.1, which fixes Metal Sonic Boss Fight performance, and adds full mod support to the Vita version, as well as some other tweaks and bug fixes.

Game.suprx needs to go in ux0:data/Mania. Info on the releases page

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)