Homebrew Official [Release] Snake WiiU (5.5.x / 5.3.2)

eliboa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Snake for wiiU

Like SonyUSA, i made my first homebrew (and like her, i'm a beginner in c so be indulgent :bow:).

This is a simple Snake game. I don't explain you the rules, everybody knows them.

snake1b.jpg
snake2b.jpg

The drawing function in libwiiu is so greedy that you may experience some slowdowns if the snake tail becomes too long.

To play, you can go here (5.5.x) or you can host one of the mp4 files (cf. attached files snake550.mp4 & snake532.mp4) and load it through the wiiu browser.

Btw, It would be nice if someone with a server could host the mp4 files for me! ^_^

The program can be improved, there's only one level for now and no difficulty management.
For source, see the rar attached or http://github.com/eliboa/Snake

Attachments

• Snake WiiU.rar
    60.7 KB · Views: 779
Last edited by eliboa,

MAVLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys Hi.!!!

I'm very very confused.

I have read several forums about the 5.5.0 exploit. SInce i don't understand very well the english, my question it's.... the exploit for 5.5.0 is released? , i read this game says for 5.5.0 users... so i'm confused.

Am i missing something?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys Hi.!!!

I'm very very confused.

I have read several forums about the 5.5.0 exploit. SInce i don't understand very well the english, my question it's.... the exploit for 5.5.0 is released? , i read this game says for 5.5.0 users... so i'm confused.

Am i missing something?
Only small homebrew applications like pong or snake are possible. Don't expect USB Loaders or at least Loadiine on 5.5.0 my friend.
That's where Hykems IOSU Exploit will help out soon I guess.

Reactions: MAVLL

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Great job. You and Sony USA have inspired me enough that I am currently working on my own game. Maybe if a bunch of these games are made, it will show that there is a real interest in homebrew, and inspire someone to release things so we can make a program bigger than 32k. ;)

Reactions: eliboa and vgmoose

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great work, it's nice to see the Wii U scene finally starting to take off. I hope this is just the start of a plethora of hombrews apps.

Reactions: eliboa

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For European version:
Replace:
Code:
void*(*memset)(void * dest, uint32_t value, uint32_t bytes);
void(*OSFreeToSystem)(void *ptr);
void* (*OSAllocFromSystem)(uint32_t size, int align);
OSDynLoad_FindExport(coreinit_handle, 0, "OSAllocFromSystem", &OSAllocFromSystem);
With:
Code:
void*(*memset)(void * dest, uint32_t value, uint32_t bytes);
void*(*OSAllocFromSystem)(uint32_t size, int align);
void(*OSFreeToSystem)(void *ptr);
And:
Code:
uint32_t coreinit_handle;
With:
Code:
unsigned int coreinit_handle;

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

eliboa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great job. You and Sony USA have inspired me enough that I am currently working on my own game. Maybe if a bunch of these games are made, it will show that there is a real interest in homebrew, and inspire someone to release things so we can make a program bigger than 32k. ;)
Great ! I'm looking forward to play it ! What is it about ? Or is it a secret project ;-) ?
For the 32k payload limitation, we need a ELF loader and I guess a kernel exploit.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Great ! I'm looking forward to play it ! What is it about ? Or is it a secret project ;-) ?
For the 32k payload limitation, we need a ELF loader and I guess a kernel exploit.
It's one of the best selling games of all time I think, but simplest controls, if that helps figure it out. :D

I wish I knew the random generator code of the Wii U, can't even find it in certain docs, but I'll have to implement some psuedo generator to finish it.

Last edited by brienj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs