Homebrew Official [Release] Snake WiiU (5.5.x / 5.3.2)

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Is someone able to recompile this for the HBL?
I've attempted this, see the attached snake_hbl.zip. Unfortunately, I'm unable to test it, but I think it has a good shot at working. I've attached the source as well. The changes I made here are based off @dimok's pong port. Let me know if there are any issues.

@pwsincd - you should totally be hosting these homebrew launcher zips on wiiubru!

0sjjAwk.png

Attachments

• snake_hbl.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 201
  • snake_hbl_source.zip
    53.6 KB · Views: 217

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've attempted this, see the attached snake_hbl.zip. Unfortunately, I'm unable to test it, but I think it has a good shot at working. I've attached the source as well. The changes I made here are based off @dimok's pong port. Let me know if there are any issues.

@pwsincd - you should totally be hosting these homebrew launcher zips on wiiubru!

0sjjAwk.png
Thanks! Will test when I'm home!
@pwsincd I second this. I thought about a thread to list all existing homebrew elf files for Wii U but if you'd host them it'd be even greater and easier.

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Will test when I'm home!
@pwsincd I second this. I thought about a thread to list all existing homebrew elf files for Wii U but if you'd host them it'd be even greater and easier.
Apparently I haven't been able to get it working :P Here's my binary/source from my latest attempt, but I still haven't tested it. Due to Recent Events, if this still doesn't work, I can try again later with HBL, or someone else could work from my sources here. (To convert from scratch, you'll want to see dimok's posts in the homebrew launcher thread regarding how-to convert a libwiiu app to hbl, and compare his pong_port to Relys' pong in libwiiu)

Attachments

• snake_hbl_3.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 181
  • snake_hbl_source_3.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 195

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I haven't been able to get it working :P Here's my binary/source from my latest attempt, but I still haven't tested it. Due to Recent Events, if this still doesn't work, I can try again later with HBL, or someone else could work from my sources here. (To convert from scratch, you'll want to see dimok's posts in the homebrew launcher thread regarding how-to convert a libwiiu app to hbl, and compare his pong_port to Relys' pong in libwiiu)
This is a good candidate for a HBL upgrade. I think we need to work on this project too.

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the code from @vgmoose's fork and the game now works on the Homebrew Launcher. I will send eliboa a PR so he can update his code if he wants.

My repo for the game has updated source code files and the compiled elf files, you can get them here - https://github.com/xhp-creations/Snake
You da real mvp...!

Attached is an HBL zip, that actually works :lol: Thank you @brienj and @eliboa

PS: eliboa: brienj had to add sleeps to the code to prevent it from running too fast in HBL, seen here.

Attachments

• snake.zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 199

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You da real mvp...!

Attached is an HBL zip, that actually works :lol: Thank you @brienj and @eliboa

PS: eliboa: brienj had to add sleeps to the code to prevent it from running too fast in HBL, seen here.
I wanted to add sound to it, like an eating effect, but it's his project. I'll help if he wants, or he can do it himself. He hasn't been here much lately, so IDK if he would care if I did that or not. Anyone that has any project they need working in Homebrew Launcher, give me a PM, I'm here to help.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
way to go bri...
Thanks. Considering we will need as many compatible HBL apps as possible in the near future, it's a good thing for vgmoose and I to update some of the great homebrew that never, ever received any proper updating love by those with the means, that could have helped out doing this much sooner than now ...

Reactions: sj33 and vgmoose

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@brienj you're the hero the Wii U scene needs! :P

My HBL would literally have half the amount of entries without brienj.

You guys are certainly jesting. Don't you know that people ONLY wanted the exploit for piracy? It's not like anyone that had the private exploit could have done this already or anything though, right?

But on a serious note, thanks guys. It may take some time, but hopefully homebrew is finally taken seriously around here, and not as some novelty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over