ROM Hack [Release] Rune Factory 4 Save Editor

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool I might try it too, since i'm planning to play the undub & I lost my saves after accidently entering on a Palentine cfw, when I was playing my RF4 game.o.o

Now I also kinda wish there was an save editor for Story of Seasons too & maybe other HM games..... :D

Reactions: seikur0

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now I also kinda wish there was an save editor for Story of Seasons too & maybe other HM games..... :D
Well, make one :P Story of Seasons or HM is too softcore for my taste.
Though as a child I owned HM: A wonderful life for Gamecube. The seed crossbreeding was so cool, I interbred two already interbred plants and got a tree, that really broke the cash system and made me stupidly rich without much work. :D :D

Reactions: Angely

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, make one :P Story of Seasons or HM is too softcore for my taste.
Though as a child I owned HM: A wonderful life for Gamecube. The seed crossbreeding was so cool, I interbred two already interbred plants and got a tree, that really broke the cash system and made me stupidly rich without much work. :D :D

Well , sadly I have no idea how to make one (0 programming skills) & I also don't really have a pc atm. (both my pc & laptop need to be fixed ) If I could I would've made one, though:P

About HM:A wonderful life, I didn't play that game though. Also what's so softcore about SoS? Did you play it in veteran mode?:o

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well , sadly I have no idea how to make one (0 programming skills) & I also don't really have a pc atm. (both my pc & laptop need to be fixed ) If I could I would've made one, though:P

About HM:A wonderful life, I didn't play that game though. Also what's so softcore about SoS? Did you play it in veteran mode?:o

You could learn it, if you have the motivation. I didn't play SoS at all, but I play Rune Factory mainly because of the collecting and dungeon exploring/monster fighting aspects and therefore SoS doesn't interest me too much.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could learn it, if you have the motivation. I didn't play SoS at all, but I play Rune Factory mainly because of the collecting and dungeon exploring/monster fighting aspects and therefore SoS doesn't interest me too much.

Sadly in my case there's also my health. I would've been an IT bachelor graduate by now if I didn't have to give up on my study a couple of years back. Currently I don't think I should pursue an IT career either ( I've very bad eyes due my eyedisease, i'm pretty close to legally blind). So if by chance I get lucky & my eyes & health get a bit better I might consider taking up learning programming again as a small hobby:). I'm also more motivated to learn Japanese atm.xD

Ironically most of my hobbies/interest are mostly all graphical..... Gaming, anime, drawing.I really admire & respect blind people that can still enjoy gaming etc.

Going blind is quite scary, so I hope I won't ever go fully blind when I'm still young, that just a horrible nightmare for me. I'm quite glad I can actually still see:)

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I came here to post this.

Other games I have edited have been okay but this particular game just wont.
I have tubehax 9.9 on n3DS.
I backed up my save file, put it on the pc and edited it using the editor.
I only added dual blades to see if it worked and save over the sav files.
I went back on save manager but it closed and went back to the homebrew menu and never imported the save.

I'm not sure why.
I've only gone a little bit into the game. After your first night, the girl wakes you up and tells you to go to the field. Is it because I'm still in the "tutorial" stage?

-------------Edit-------------
I played a little bit more just after the first request with Arthur and it worked fine.
It must have been because I was still in the little tutorial section.

Last edited by HeroPrinny,

Sollux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you add something to change what each bachelor/bachelorette calls you? Kinda made some stupid mistakes while choosing mine and I'd like to change them.

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
-------------Edit-------------
I played a little bit more just after the first request with Arthur and it worked fine.
It must have been because I was still in the little tutorial section.

I think you only get your backpack after that field tutorial.

Could you add something to change what each bachelor/bachelorette calls you? Kinda made some stupid mistakes while choosing mine and I'd like to change them.
Maybe @Krude is willing to look for that address, but I won't spend time on this. (For your marriage partner you can change the nickname at the wedding photo in the basement. This could also be used to find the location in the save, if someone would be looking for it.)

super.bean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What did/do you do to get this error? I'm no psychic :P (Sadly)

Sorry for the vague post :D,

I started a new game, used SaveDataFiler to export the save.

There were 2 .sav files, rf4s.sav and rf4a.sav

they were only a couple of KB, one was 1 KB and the other 100KB

I think it has something to do with me starting a new game?

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The rf4s.sav is supposed to be 1 KB (508 Bytes) and the other ones like rf4a.sav should have a size of 137 KB (140288 Bytes).

I'm not sure why your rf4a.sav came out smaller. Which version are you using, EU/NA/JP? Is the file in a somehow strange or very long path? (because of invalid filename). It should be working right from the moment when you get to save first. Can you reimport these saves and properly load from them?

Last edited by seikur0,

super.bean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The rf4s.sav is supposed to be 1 KB (508 Bytes) and the other ones like rf4a.sav should have a size of 137 KB (140288 Bytes).

I'm not sure why your rf4a.sav came out smaller. Which version are you using, EU/NA/JP? Is the file in a somehow strange or very long path? (because of invalid filename). It should be working right from the moment when you get to save first. Can you reimport these saves and properly load from them?

I confirmed, 137 for rf4a.sav and 1 for rf4s.sav, im using the NA version. I'll try to move it in the same folder as the editor :D

Path is : \filer\UserSaveData\20151003020554\00000d28

UPDATE- Still no luck :( ill try to reimport to see if they work.

Last edited by super.bean,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY