Homebrew [Release] Quake2CTR - Quake 2 port

Reaper1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, thank you for this awesome port!!! I can finally play quake 2 on the go :)
Secondly loading a save in single player will load the level but take away all the weapons besides the blaster and start you from the begining instead of from where you saved at, loading the auto save seems to work the way it's intended though

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DspDump is incompatible with Luma 8.0. CFW users should use DSP1 instead. Also, since DSP1 is under a permissive license would it be possible to make it so the DSP is automatically dumped by quake2ctr/crtquake if it is not found?

I wasn't aware of that, I'll take a look at the source later.

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DspDump is incompatible with Luma 8.0. CFW users should use DSP1 instead. Also, since DSP1 is under a permissive license would it be possible to make it so the DSP is automatically dumped by quake2ctr/crtquake if it is not found?
Thanks man you are a life saver!

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I`ve got problems with saving/loading a gamesave. After saving a game and reloading it, the game always starts from the beginning.
What could that be ?

D

Deleted User

I found the best setup for fps games on the 3ds,if you set it up to where the left trigger shoots you can use the left thumb pad to move and your right finger to aim.It works real nicely

Reactions: emuashui

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's absolutely fantastic, high fps and gameplay. Only loading times are a little bit long. And after watching the first demo, after it quit and went to the "loading" screen, the game froze, could be I pressed a few buttons though. Quitting it by pressing the home button was possible though.

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
this is great! thank you so much for your work! looking forward to future updates :) I hope in time it's possible to implement 3D and a little more polish

StiflingHat9897

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anything was said about this, but none of my settings are saving after I relaunch the game. Player settings and button maps only, as the regular sensitivity settings and such work for me. Either way, this is an awesome port, keep up the good work!

Tainek

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome work, You've made my month.

Any chance of adding a toggle to move the touch buttons to the other side of the screen? I've found using my thumbnail to aim to work best but I have stubby thumbs so I keep hitting the touch buttons.

The control scheme I'm using if others want it:

Circle strafe on, always run on.

Left Trigger- Fire
Left Bumper - Jump
Right Trigger- Previous weapon (Must be bound using the console)
Right Bumper - Next weapon

Y Button - Crouch

(These Must be bound using the console)
T1 Double shotgun
T2 Machine Gun / Hyperblaster when picked up
T3 Chaingun
T4 Rocket Launcher
T5 Grenade Launcher

Pad Down- Help Computer

The rest is default.

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! This is an amazing port. Seriously, great work. All it really needs is 3D support and the ability to map a touchscreen tap as a button input (I'd love to use a Metroid Prime Hunters style control scheme where you can tap to jump). The ability to remap other buttons without having to use console commands would be nice too.

Last edited by coinblock,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! This is an amazing port. Seriously, great work. All it really needs is 3D support and the ability to map a touchscreen tap as a button input (I'd love to use a Metroid Prime Hunters style control scheme where you can tap to jump). The ability to remap other buttons without having to use console commands would be nice too.
You can remap most commands through the options menu.

I'm making a list of bugs and suggestions to be fixed/implemented on the next update. So if anyone has any thing to share, please do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/