Homebrew Release! Quake "not" Live 3ds

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like mentioned in the title, i present you a personal project I've been tinkering with for the past couple of days.

If you remember Quake Arena Arcade, this is basically the same thing but with a few updated things to make it look and sound better on the 3ds.

Notable changes:
-New console background
-Added/updated menu music
-Changed in-game music
-New circular saw sound (it was way too quiet)
-Binded text taunt (can be edited)
-Game can now be paused
-Added score button (no need to press tab)
-Faster turning
-Bright textures aren't blindingly bright anymore
-New maps (originally, the map rotation is longer but it crashed at the 4th map for some reason, so i changed them. If tired of the rotation, check the map folder).
-Added custom shortcut for HBL

You MUST have ctrQuake already installed on your 3ds or else it won't work.
View Readme file for how to place the files.
Works with pc Quake!
(I have zero coding skills, i only did changes)
Original mod: Electro
PSP port: Lupus
3ds "fix"/update: Purplstuph
ctrQuake: Masterfeizz

You can grab the mod here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktof93lmaeeji1f/QL3DS.RAR?dl=0

20180424_203359.jpg
20180422_013302.jpg

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty cool mod, I remember playing the original paperwork mod back in the days. The latest release version of ctrQuake does support stereoscopic 3D.

On another note, I did port Quake 3 Arena to the 3DS and just need to fix a couple of things before the first public release.
Awesome!
I saw your gameplay video on Twitter and my god, you rock!!

Reaper1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this out and it's awesome :) but does anyone know of a way to set max players higher than four? I've edited the config and used the console command but it won't let me go higher than four. If anyone has any tips they would be appreciated greatly since i'm having a quake lan party tonight :)

Last edited by Reaper1192,
Reactions: bonkmaykr

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried this out and it's awesome :) but does anyone know of a way to set max players higher than four? I've edited the config and used the console command but it won't let me go higher than four. If anyone has any tips they would be appreciated greatly since i'm having a quake lan party tonight :)
It's an old version of WinQuake. Sadly, the max is always 4 unless you play a mod with reaper bots

Reaper1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that's a bummer, but that's what i was kind of figuring after i posted. I'll have to look into it then, luckily one of the people playing tonight has a laptop (rest are 3ds users) so i think we might be able to bypass it. At least for now...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and and thanks for your work on this :) it'll help tide me and my friends over until masterfeizz releases his quake 3 port

Reactions: Purplstuph

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man that's a bummer, but that's what i was kind of figuring after i posted. I'll have to look into it then, luckily one of the people playing tonight has a laptop (rest are 3ds users) so i think we might be able to bypass it. At least for now...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and and thanks for your work on this :) it'll help tide me and my friends over until masterfeizz releases his quake 3 port
Thanks, it's been a pleasure:)
Have fun fragging!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.