Hacking [Release] PS-Phive! (ForPS4 6.72) Exploit Host Menu

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I need to backup @viggen66 with his comments. Whenever I run the Self Host Exploit Menu, my go to Exploit is always hen213b. It's by far the most reliable and I rarely ever run into any issues whenever I attempt to run the Exploit. It's also proven to be super reliable in rest mode. For example, the other day, I turned on my PS4 after having not touched it for a good couple of weeks. When I booted it up, I forgot it had been on rest mode the entire time. It turns out the Exploit was still running successfully and everything was behaving itself.

Whenever hen213b runs as good as it does, I see no other reason to try out another exploit. If it's not broke, don't fix it. That's the old saying and I'm going to stick by that until I run into issues.

So it's been quite some time since I last checked back in on the scene. Has much changed that I should be concerned about? From what I've been told, the most stable firmware host currently is sleirsgoevy's 6.72 host. With that being said, I never ran into any issues whatsoever running the exploit from Leeful with my ESP8266 version.

Is it time to upgrade to v9.00 yet? From what I can tell backports are still widely available for all the latest games being released, and the host from both Leeful and PS-Phive! rarely, and I do mean rarely ever crashes. Considering how little I play my PS4 these days due to family and work commitments, shall I just sit tight and continue doing what I've been doing all along?

This all may change when an exploit becomes available for the PS5, but at the moment, it doesn't look like that's going to be for a wee while yet.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got a 9.00 PS4 and set it up with this:
It's alright, but unless there's something you really want to play that hasn't been backported or you're bored, 6.72 is basically the same. At the end of the day, it's just a hacked PS4 and it's easier to like update goldhen or something. Even the Saturn emulator is being backported.

9.00 with the USB method has more steps really, it's just 100x easier to set up/be successful for newer users. The autojailbreak if pretty sick though if you have the raspberry pi lying around.

• Love
Reactions: DebianLoriX

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thankfully, all the big titles that have been released have came with backports available which is the reason I've not bothered upgrading to v9.00. Out of interest, what was your reason for going ahead with the update yourself, as I'm sure the last time I remember speaking with yourself, you were running v6.72?

Also, since I run the SelfHost Version of this particular Exploit, do you know if it's possible for me to run GoldHEN Cheats Manager without my PS4 being connected to the internet? For precautionary sake, I've preffered having my PS4 remain offline in the event that a family member accidently updates without my knowledge while playing my PS4 at times.

The Setup Instructions of GH Cheats Manager simply states to download the latest IV0000-GOLD00777_00-GOLDCHEATS000PS4.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 4. Can this be done whilst running this current Self Hosted Exploit?

Either way, I'll definitely take a look at the autojailbreak since I do have an old Raspberry Pi laying around that I haven't used or touched in quite some time.

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thankfully, all the big titles that have been released have came with backports available which is the reason I've not bothered upgrading to v9.00. Out of interest, what was your reason for going ahead with the update yourself, as I'm sure the last time I remember speaking with yourself, you were running v6.72?

Also, since I run the SelfHost Version of this particular Exploit, do you know if it's possible for me to run GoldHEN Cheats Manager without my PS4 being connected to the internet? For precautionary sake, I've preffered having my PS4 remain offline in the event that a family member accidently updates without my knowledge while playing my PS4 at times.

The Setup Instructions of GH Cheats Manager simply states to download the latest IV0000-GOLD00777_00-GOLDCHEATS000PS4.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 4. Can this be done whilst running this current Self Hosted Exploit?

Either way, I'll definitely take a look at the autojailbreak since I do have an old Raspberry Pi laying around that I haven't used or touched in quite some time.
I have still have my pro on 6.72 which is what I use mainly. I have a fat on 9.00 and an unhacked ps4 that I use for PSN stuff. I inherited the 9.00 fat from someone who didn't want it and used it to test 9.00 and that's it.

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have still have my pro on 6.72 which is what I use mainly. I have a fat on 9.00 and an unhacked ps4 that I use for PSN stuff. I inherited the 9.00 fat from someone who didn't want it and used it to test 9.00 and that's it.

Oh wow! You've got yourself a full array of PS4s to choose from.

Out of curiosity, if I made the move and updated to PS-Phive! (For PS4 FW 9.00) Exploit Host Menu, would I be required to reinstall all of my games since each of them has the v6.72 Backport applied? As it stands, I'm still on the fence, as everything runs smoothly on v6.72 as it stands, but knowing I can run autojailbreak using a spare RPi is pretty slick!

DebianLoriX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Italy
It's amazing to be here, folks:wub: I'm thinking upgrade to 9.00, this auto loading is cool, I have an Rpi3 inused...
Still waiting, there is various experts here still on 5.05, the lower the better, this is the way I think :)

xZenithy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow! You've got yourself a full array of PS4s to choose from.

Out of curiosity, if I made the move and updated to PS-Phive! (For PS4 FW 9.00) Exploit Host Menu, would I be required to reinstall all of my games since each of them has the v6.72 Backport applied? As it stands, I'm still on the fence, as everything runs smoothly on v6.72 as it stands, but knowing I can run autojailbreak using a spare RPi is pretty slick!
No, in the majority of the cases these games patches on 6.72 will work on FW9. Only a few maybe don't work and you will need to get the same game with the update to FW9.
Post automatically merged:

Without internet connection on PS4 is not easy to update Goldhen Cheats and you need to do it manually.

I use my PS4 in the same way that you WITHOUT Internet connection (blocked by my own rooter to be 100% Safe) to avoid that anyone can update accidentally my PS4.

So in this way I can play the games using cheats offline using my own droid apk (PS4aCheater) that it is regularly update...

Last edited by xZenithy,

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, in the majority of the cases these games patches on 6.72 will work on FW9. Only a few maybe don't work and you will need to get the same game with the update to FW9.

Thank you for reconfirming this. Honestly, I'm still on the fence and have not made my mind up on whether I plan on updating to v9.00 yet. It's very rare than my Exploit fails to load successfully first time around. To my surprise also, most new game releases are kindly backported by dedicated community members to support those on v5.05 and v6.72 that work perfectly.

Without internet connection on PS4 is not easy to update Goldhen Cheats and you need to do it manually.

Is there a way to load Goldenhen Cheats with a large database of cheats that covers most popular games? No matter the size, I'd be happy to download a LARGE database file that covered most games without me having to connect my PS4 to the internet.

I use my PS4 in the same way that you WITHOUT Internet connection (blocked by my own rooter to be 100% Safe) to avoid that anyone can update accidentally my PS4.

So in this way I can play the games using cheats offline using my own droid apk (PS4aCheater) that it is regularly update...

Please would you mind explaining in more detail PS4aCheater and how this works? This sounds interesting and if I continue updating it without requiring my PS4 to be connected to the internet, this sounds like a great workaround from Goldenhen Cheats instead.

Thanks again for all your help.

xZenithy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for reconfirming this. Honestly, I'm still on the fence and have not made my mind up on whether I plan on updating to v9.00 yet. It's very rare than my Exploit fails to load successfully first time around. To my surprise also, most new game releases are kindly backported by dedicated community members to support those on v5.05 and v6.72 that work perfectly.
Yes, I know, they are incredible, but most modders that I know that make cheats, they are using FW9 (even me) and that means that the same cheat maybe can work or no in the backport (less of 50% probability to work). So up to you.
Is there a way to load Goldenhen Cheats with a large database of cheats that covers most popular games? No matter the size, I'd be happy to download a LARGE database file that covered most games without me having to connect my PS4 to the internet.
Yes, probably there are some way, but I don't use it, so I cannot help here..
Please would you mind explaining in more detail PS4aCheater and how this works? This sounds interesting and if I continue updating it without requiring my PS4 to be connected to the internet, this sounds like a great workaround from Goldenhen Cheats instead.
You have all information here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4acheater-cheater-apk-for-android.532988/

Maybe some instructions are obsolete, but if you want to try and you have any issue, ask me in that thread and I will help you how to use it.

If you ask me which is the big advantage to use this droid apk against GH Cheats and others, the answer is 2 very simple arguments:

1º My apk is the only one with the most complete and bigger collection of cheats than the other ones.

2º It is the only one that have the side-effect's cheats explained for the most important games.
One example, Far Cry 6 with 40+ cheats, including teleport and the instructions how activate and use teleport option in that game.

You will no find this on GoldHen Cheat because his limitations.

Last edited by xZenithy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: