[Release] Pokémon Snap Unity (C#)

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Manurocker95, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Manurocker95
    OP

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    WhatsApp Image 2019-03-22 at 16.36.02.

It is fully working on Android. If I got a MacOS I would export it for iOS too

TheVinAnator likes this.
  2. 2Siralv

2Siralv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Canada
    hahaha if this was on the switch omfg​

3. D4X

D4X Ultra 64

Sep 9, 2016
    Australia
    Holy crap! This looks super promising! Pokemon Snap is one of my all-time favourites. Great work!

4. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    I’m planning to ask for a devkit for developing it on switch

5. 2Siralv

2Siralv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Canada

Ohh that be great but nintendo is rank about that i tried myself i git denied after 6 months of waitng maybe on cfw?

6. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    We will have Crypt of the necrodancer + zelda so... it is worth the try. If they deny the offer,I will make this game but with my own monster and try to sell it on Switch.

7. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Due to gameplay needs, the number of Pokémon in the first course has risen to 30+. With these Pokémon I couldn’t get +20 fps on android so until I learn the new job system it will be PC exclusive.

Now @SciresM has a nice easter egg.

Stay tuned :P

8. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Really SoonTM

Beach58.

noctis90210 likes this.
  9. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    noctis90210 likes this.
  10. JoQsh

JoQsh Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    United States
    I found this thread while looking for the models of the original Pokemon Snap levels. I had a very similar plan to yours, but instead of updating the graphics, my main goal was to recreate the original in VR. It seems like you're a good bit further along in game development than me, but if you don't mind, I'd love to help you out on your project instead of starting from the ground up. I've already downloaded the source code. If you like the idea, I'll start tinkering with it and see what I can get going on the Vive. (That's the only VR platform I own, at the moment) What do you think? I love what you've done, so far, by the way!

11. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    The first course I made for this had the original models but I changed them because I couldn’t find them nor rip them with rigging + animations. I prefered to rip my Ultra Moon’s models as they are rigged and animated. I already made VR support but I’m not getting enough fps for it, so I scrapped the idea.

I think you’d do it better from scratch. I can try to help you with anything you need ^^

12. JoQsh

JoQsh Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    United States
    Yeah - I was having trouble finding anything on the animation front for the original models, which is particularly unfortunate for me, because I'm a code monkey first and foremost. I've done some sprite work and 3d modeling, but 3d animations will be new to me. I was hoping that starting by recreating the original would be easier, and I could try updating the graphics later, but it sounds like it will be easier to just go with the gen 7 models from the beginning. Lately I've just been bursting with ideas for a snap reboot/sequel, and dying for Nintendo to do something like them. Especially now that they have that camera labo VR rig for the switch. I'd rather see it on PC if it's going to be VR, but hey, I'd take it on switch if I could get it. If I manage to find enough time to get my own project off the ground, I'll keep you posted on it. Maybe something in it will be useful to you :)

13. JoQsh

JoQsh Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    United States
    I've hit a roadblock with the models and animations. I have my cartridge dumped and all the bins pulled out, but I can't find any way to open or convert those bins into anything usable. I've only been able to find one discussion about the bin files, and it just said to change the extension to .bch and it should work with ohana rebirth, but it still errors for me. Do you mind sharing how you worked with the bin files?

14. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    You can follow my tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ed-models-from-3ds-to-unity-engine-3d.532962/

15. JoQsh

JoQsh Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    United States
    Thanks! I'll reply there, just to avoid mixing the threads.

16. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
  17. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    That would be awesome

noctis90210 likes this.
  18. tmenzzz

tmenzzz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    United States
    Made an account just to post my interest in this. This is amazing and I can't believe it's taken this long for something like this to surface. I'd gladly donate to support this project. Thanks for making this.

Manurocker95 likes this.
  19. Manurocker95
    OP

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Nah, don’t worry. But thanks, man. It’s a pleasure to read things like that :D