• Views 141,664
  • Replies 801
  • Likes 61

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got back the N3DS that had blue screen cloning EMUNADN 2.1 unbricked to SYSNAND on 0.62.

Run the clone test few times. And the clone feature seems to work well on 0.71

Reactions: d0k3

Crownz4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my adventures so far into this came out with a cool looking brick. After I swap out the innards using my kid...I mean the other n3dsxl I have around here, I'm anxious to try again. I'm really liking the past few good reports...fills me with some hope..

Reactions: d0k3 and Raylight

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, my adventures so far into this came out with a cool looking brick. After I swap out the innards using my kid...I mean the other n3dsxl I have around here, I'm anxious to try again. I'm really liking the past few good reports...fills me with some hope..
Your sacrifice wont be in vain your failings will help the team make a safer way to obtain that pesky otp lol Im waiting it out till we have a sure fire way to know that the unbricking process works so we arnt blindly doing stuff.

Last edited by Raylight,
Reactions: Crownz4

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everyone note: I updated the first post and removed the testing instructions. Plailects old guide (that I linked) is no more up to date, and the testing in these two cases came out fine in each and every case. I also added my personal view on the safety of this.

One thing that you might still ask yourself -> how safe is the EmuNAND -> SysNAND clone feature? As you know, this was never the recommended option, and it had problems in the past. By now, it should be as safe as the 'manual' backup / restore method. Still, if you don't have a hardmod, don't use this until it is in Plailects guide.

Reactions: klear and liomajor

Crownz4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now went through Plailect's guide, and now have a CFW sysNAND on 10.6.0-31U. Everything went smoothly this time, thanks for helping with me everyone. One last thing, it's safe to update to 10.7.0-32U right? Already have backups

Reactions: d0k3

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now went through Plailect's guide, and now have a CFW sysNAND on 10.6.0-31U. Everything went smoothly this time, thanks for helping with me everyone. One last thing, it's safe to update to 10.7.0-32U right? Already have backups
You're able to hard mod and unbrick or swap mobo?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, I've got something new to test, the OTPHelper v0.8 release candidate. This adds a feature to check your downgrade, making bricks almost impossible.

Check GitHub for the source code / new commits, and get the compiled test version from here:
http://workupload.com/file/yE5PpGTn

Everyone may test the Downgrade Validator (with a unbricked 2.1 EmuNAND), but everyone without a hardmod or knowledge on how to do one, stay away from the One Click Setup. 'One Click Setup' does the complete process of Unbricking your EmuNAND -> Validating your EmuNAND & Downgrade -> Copying it to SysNAND -> Validating again in one step, at one button press. I'll need testers for this, too, of course. @tivu100 / @liomajor maybe one of you can try it?

Last edited by d0k3,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've got something new to test, the OTPHelper v0.8 release candidate. This adds a feature to check your downgrade, making bricks almost impossible.

Code:
Validation Stage 1: FAILED
Validation Stage 2: FAILED
# TMD success  : 109
# TMD not found  :  0
# TMD hash mismatch :  4
# APP success  : 109
# APP fragmented  :  0
# APP hash mismatch :  0
WARNING: Validation Stage 1 failed!
!DO NOT RESTORE THIS TO SYSNAND!
Starting from scratch is recommended

Validate EmuNAND Downgrade: failed!

I'm guessing Stage 1 is TMD and Stage 2 APP?

Could you add: "Check your LOG for Details on SD Card" ?

Checking title 0004013000002702...
TMD hash mismatch
Checking title 0004013000002B02...
TMD hash mismatch
Checking title 0004013000002F02...
TMD hash mismatch

Checking title 0004013000003402...
TMD hash mismatch
00000000.tmd > SHA256 > AF926C5A4F954628E22FEC12FB2703820825716389DF4B154A315E00BBDE8633 matches > file ok
00000001.tmd > SHA256 > testing...

I'm going to extract the files manualy to check hash.

Last edited by liomajor,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Code:
Validation Stage 1: FAILED
Validation Stage 2: FAILED
# TMD success  : 109
# TMD not found  :  0
# TMD hash mismatch :  4
# APP success  : 109
# APP fragmented  :  0
# APP hash mismatch :  0
WARNING: Validation Stage 1 failed!
!DO NOT RESTORE THIS TO SYSNAND!
Starting from scratch is recommended

Validate EmuNAND Downgrade: failed!

I'm guessing Stage 1 is TMD and Stage 2 APP?

Could you add: "Check your LOG for Details on SD Card" ?

Checking title 0004013000002702...
TMD hash mismatch
Checking title 0004013000002B02...
TMD hash mismatch
Checking title 0004013000002F02...
TMD hash mismatch

Checking title 0004013000003402...
TMD hash mismatch
00000000.tmd > SHA256 > AF926C5A4F954628E22FEC12FB2703820825716389DF4B154A315E00BBDE8633 matches > file ok
00000001.tmd > SHA256 > testing...

I'm going to extract the files manualy to check hash.
See the data this is based on (extracted from the update packs) in the attachment.

There is some stuff OTPHelper has trouble to properly check (fragmented files in the NAND). TMDs are never fragmented, because their size is below FAT cluster size. For stage 1 to pass, all TMDs SHA256s + all non fragmented APP SHA256s must match. Fragmentation is rare, you, f.e. had none. Stage 2 fails if we could not check all APPs because of fragmentation. A stage 2 failure normally means you can continue, but you can also defragment your CTRNAND yourself just to make sure. A stage 1 failure means you should be careful.

And it is possible your downgrade was not fully complete, without any consequences, cause the non installed titles are not too important. What is your region and 3DS model?

Attachments

• SHA256_data.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 102

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the data this is based on (extracted from the update packs) in the attachment.

There is some stuff OTPHelper has trouble to properly check (fragmented files in the NAND). TMDs are never fragmented, because their size is below FAT cluster size. For stage 1 to pass, all TMDs SHA256s + all non fragmented APP SHA256s must match. Fragmentation is rare, you, f.e. had none. Stage 2 fails if we could not check all APPs because of fragmentation. A stage 2 failure normally means you can continue, but you can also defragment your CTRNAND yourself just to make sure. A stage 1 failure means you should be careful.

And it is possible your downgrade was not fully complete, without any consequences, cause the non installed titles are not too important. What is your region and 3DS model?

I've another guess, 00000001.tmd could be a leftover from the former firmware since it's not inside 0004013000003402.cia.

Going to check it.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Check GitHub for the source code / new commits, and get the compiled test version from here:
http://workupload.com/file/yE5PpGTn

Everyone may test the Downgrade Validator (with a unbricked 2.1 EmuNAND), but everyone without a hardmod or knowledge on how to do one, stay away from the One Click Setup. 'One Click Setup' does the complete process of Unbricking your EmuNAND -> Validating your EmuNAND & Downgrade -> Copying it to SysNAND -> Validating again in one step, at one button press. I'll need testers for this, too, of course. @tivu100 / @liomajor maybe one of you can try it?
I don't have a hard mod so all I can do is validate the unbricked 2.1 emunand backup right?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've another guess, 00000001.tmd could be a leftover from the former firmware since it's not inside 0004013000003402.cia.

Going to check it.
Had a GW downgrade or a failed 10.x -> 9.x in the past? That's a likely reason for that.

I don't have a hard mod so all I can do is validate the unbricked 2.1 emunand backup right?
Yup, but that helps, too.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is what I got:

"Opening emuNAND_2-1-0.bin ...
Validate NAND Backup: succeeded!"

Using the latest official release I downgraded, got my OTP.bin and restored sysnand to 9.2 last night, so I already knew this emunand backup was good

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never happened, my console was 9.0 when i buyed it and upgraded it to 9.2 wich doesn't include a new cia as thoose mentioned above.
Incomplete downgrade, I guess. Or rather an incomplete cleanup afterwards. In the standard update process, all new files are first written, then the old ones are deleted and the 'internal links' rewritten to point to the new ones.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, this is what I got:

"Opening emuNAND_2-1-0.bin ...
Validate NAND Backup: succeeded!"

Using the latest official release I downgraded, got my OTP.bin and restored sysnand to 9.2 last night, so I already knew this emunand backup was good
You need to try the Downgrade Validator, not the NAND Validator ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.