Hacking [Release] No Ban no Sky

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I wonder how feasible it would be to start up a group of trustworthy Gateway users (or anyone under 9.3 using this program) who are willing to dump private headers for people with 9.3+ firmware. Basically they send us a cheap game, we rip it, and then send it back with the header. All they have to do is pay for postage. I'd totally be willing to do that if this is allowed. And with this program (nice work btw) it looks like even people without Gateways can do it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wonder how feasible it would be to start up a group of trustworthy Gateway users (or anyone under 9.3 using this program) who are willing to dump private headers for people with 9.3+ firmware. Basically they send us a cheap game, we rip it, and then send it back with the header. All they have to do is pay for postage. I'd totally be willing to do that if this is allowed. And with this program (nice work btw) it looks like even people without Gateways can do it.
cost of postage, they could just send the person like £2.50 and let them keep the cheap ass game save on the postage :P

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
ost of postage, they could just send the person like £2.50 and let them keep the cheap ass game save on the postage
True. It really depends on how cheap the game is and how far they're sending it. I almost feel like I should make a thread about this. I'm sure several people would be on board for this. Should probably ask a mod first if it's allowed.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
True. It really depends on how cheap the game is and how far they're sending it. I almost feel like I should make a thread about this. I'm sure several people would be on board for this. Should probably ask a mod first if it's allowed.
depends....
A) we dont know if the bans are even down to headers, and even if it is there is no guarantee it couldn't be expanded to cover more things, and then people have people crying they where ripped off
B) some dodgy people might just send everyone the same header

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I think it's a safe bet at this point to say that (right now anyway) it's due to public headers. Nobody's reported being banned using private ones. And that can possibly change in the future, you're right about that. But at the moment it seems like the safest bet, and I'd bet it's safer than CIA files.

As for the dodgy people, that's true. Always gotta be careful about that. Somehow we'd have to establish a system of trust. I know that when I needed help getting my 360 drive flashed some guy from GBAtemp (won't say who) was super cool and did it for me. I'd just like to return the favor to some others and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But maybe I'm getting too far off topic xD.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be hard if not impossible to be certain that the person that dumped your header didn't share it with anyone else or use it :ph34r:

Edit: And if you're the person doing the dumping, you run the risk that whoever you dumped the header for gets banned at some point for some reason and you get blamed for it and are accused of being untrustworthy...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think it's a safe bet at this point to say that (right now anyway) it's due to public headers. Nobody's reported being banned using private ones. And that can possibly change in the future, you're right about that. But at the moment it seems like the safest bet, and I'd bet it's safer than CIA files.

As for the dodgy people, that's true. Always gotta be careful about that. Somehow we'd have to establish a system of trust. I know that when I needed help getting my 360 drive flashed some guy from GBAtemp (won't say who) was super cool and did it for me. I'd just like to return the favor to some others and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But maybe I'm getting too far off topic xD.
ok, finding out if someone is giving multiple people the same header would be fairly simple, just hash the header, or part of it and make a lil list of what headers people have received from someone without having to share any of the actual header, it would become fairly easy to see if anyone was just sending the same header to everyone, but it wouldn't let you know if they where also using those headers themselves,

tbh its probably more realistic for people to just ask around for friends or family who have a 9.2 or lower system :P

Reactions: polki

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
It would be hard if not impossible to be certain that the person that dumped your header didn't share it with anyone else or use it :ph34r:
Are you saying you don't trust pirates? For shame!

But I do see your point, just throwing the idea out there. Just feeling bad for the average Sky users with high firmware.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
i think this is gonna cause more trouble for nintendo than its worth.. as will have people buying consoles from shops and complaining that they dont work online, and will also have people who maybe only play legit carts, but been unable to because of a block/ban even though they have done nothing wrong... and complaining to nintendo. Yeah they stop most pirates playing online, but a lot of pirates arnt bothered about online play aslong as get games free.... but it gonna cause problems with legit users with dodgy systems. May even be a surge of people selling their blocked systems on ebay now and buying new ones...and a lot of people buying systems off ebay unbeknown that they are blocked

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
can you please help me with my legit game carts.. i want to know which ones are not online games, as i intend to sell these. The legit game carts i have are.... Luigi Mansion 2, Resident Evil Revelations, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 7, Heroes of ruin, New Art Academy, Zelda Link Between Worlds, Virtues Last Reward, Fantasy Life, Assault Horizon Legacy, Dead Or Alive Dimensions.

Am i correct in thinking only Luigi Mansion 2, Bravely Default, Mario Kart 7, Heroes Of Ruin and Fantasy Life...are the only online games, so i can sell the rest?

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Well it doesn't have online multiplayer. But you get Shadow Links via streetpass and spotpass. Like I said, I dunno if that's the same thing.

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Also, does it fix the header like gateway rom patcher does if the roms size are not the same?

Well thinking about it, I'm wondering why do we need to retrieve Chipset info (size and save type) from donor 3DS rom. Since sky template is needed (because of Unique ID, still unknown), the CHipset info is already provided in the template. Wouldn't the header inject be enough ? If so, I'll remove the Chipset injection from this tool.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait I'm a little confused. From the instructions it sounds like you have to make a template file for each and every game you plan on going online with? I was always under the impression it was one universal template file you modify for all your games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users