Homebrew [RELEASE]Nitro Screen - Facilitating screen capture with NTR CFW

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right. I'm not sure if anything like that is within my control. I'll have to dig out my copy of Alpha Sapphire to do some tests.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aww, whatever rendering you're using doesn't work with my laptop. :-(
I have another Windows system (with a .net installation that's so broken that even the slash-and-burn installation utility didn't work, mind) and I can use terminal stuff, but it's still a bit of a downer. Aw, well.

Reactions: DarkRioru

streetbrawler123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm, if your screen flashed that means Nitro Stream is doing everything it should. NTRViewer likes to be a nuisance sometimes. Try opening it manually, also make sure you only have one instance open.

well I tried it and the only thing that I can see is a black screen and some snow lol

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aww, whatever rendering you're using doesn't work with my laptop. :-(
I have another Windows system (with a .net installation that's so broken that even the slash-and-burn installation utility didn't work, mind) and I can use terminal stuff, but it's still a bit of a downer. Aw, well.

I'm not doing any rendering at all. That's handled by NTRViewer which was written by Cell9 and uses SDL. Do you get any errors?

Okay, can't get an Internet Connection anymore... RIP
I'm looking for how I could fix it..

Hmm, I'm not sure what else I can suggest. When I get off work I'll have a go with Alpha Sapphire myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well I tried it and the only thing that I can see is a black screen and some snow lol
Snow? As in noise?

streetbrawler123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not doing any rendering at all. That's handled by NTRViewer which was written by Cell9 and uses SDL. Do you get any errors?

Hmm, I'm not sure what else I can suggest. When I get off work I'll have a go with Alpha Sapphire myself.

Snow? As in noise?

no snow as in snow on the screen

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@streetbrawler123: "Noise" is an expression in English like when you turn an TV to a channel that's not tuned. Static, fuzz, snow, etc. @jlangford doesn't mean "noise" as in sound, they mean the visual kind. Like this:
White-noise-mv255-240x180.png

Reactions: streetbrawler123

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha thanks, @Vague Rant :)

I'm not sure what could cause interference like that as it's all digital signals. It might just be the compression on a black screen in NTRViewer which I have no control over. Sounds like you don't have a good enough connection, @streetbrawler123

Is there/could there be a way to display the video in full screen?
Not currently as NTRViewer is a separate application not maintained by myself (Or maybe anyone, anymore. :( )
However, I do have plans to 'host' the NTRViewer within Nitro Stream which should give us a little more control over it but I'm not sure if it would mean custom sizes. There are hacky ways we could achieve fullscreen though by calculating the scale amount we'd need to use for the 3ds to match (Or get close to) the window size.

What would be ideal, is if someone smart enough could help me reverse engineer the NTRViewer packets (I'm terrible when it comes to networking) so we could handle them/decode the video or whatever is needed.

I don't know if it would be worth the work though as Cell9 is porting the screen capture plugin from NTR to it's own homebrew application. I'm hoping it will be updated and documented so I can use Nitro Stream with it. If we're really lucky, he'll make Nitro Stream obsolete. :)

Reactions: Vague Rant

SmokinAce420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jlangford just tested it and it works perfect now dude much appreaciated my friend :yaynds:

For those that want to get on the ORAS servers do not click send memory patch FYI.

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is probably obvious and don't flame me please.

Supports O3DS by any chance??

Edit: nvm, I already found it. I can't be bothered fishing out over $200 for n3ds tho

Last edited by GlitchyDavid,

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do I find my n3ds's ip address??

found my ip adress but, my target machine keeps refusing the connection to my n3ds...

Do you have NTR CFW installed?

@jlangford just tested it and it works perfect now dude much appreaciated my friend :yaynds:

For those that want to get on the ORAS servers do not click send memory patch FYI.

Not a problem, man. Let me know if anything else happens/feature requests :)

Reactions: SmokinAce420

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I fix this? I have the correct IP.
ERR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [IP]

I also noticed the port key after the IP was :8000 when it says :5000 when I use ftpd. Would that be the cause? When putting the :5000 after the IP, it just says "ERR: No such host is known"

Last edited by JokeTriple,

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is Python needed?
Nope :) I'm not too hot on python and I couldn't quite figure out why NTR Debugger was using it. I think it was using it for reflection but C# supports reflection features built in so that confused me.

How do I fix this? I have the correct IP.
ERR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [IP]

I also noticed the port key after the IP was :8000 when it says :5000 when I use ftpd. Would that be the cause? When putting the :5000 after the IP, it just says "ERR: No such host is known"

Nope. Port 8000 is correct. Ports are defined on a per application basis and aren't specific to an IP address, device etc. The software can't connect to your 3DS for some reason.
Two the reasons could be:
  • Router blocking the connection
  • NTR firmware is not installed on the 3DS
  • Your 3DS is turned off ;)

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope :) I'm not too hot on python and I couldn't quite figure out why NTR Debugger was using it. I think it was using it for reflection but C# supports reflection features built in so that confused me.

Nope. Port 8000 is correct. Ports are defined on a per application basis and aren't specific to an IP address, device etc. The software can't connect to your 3DS for some reason.
Two the reasons could be:
  • Router blocking the connection
  • NTR firmware is not installed on the 3DS
  • Your 3DS is turned off ;)
What can we do if the Router blocks the connection?

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What can we do if the Router blocks the connection?

As was previously mentioned in the thread, forward your ports internally. This isn't normally required, but some routers are a pain in the arse. Also if you're on a guest network or whatever it can prevent devices from talking to eachother.

Reactions: Ailuros27

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.