Last edited by soneek,
Reactions: Hiccup

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, trying to use MSBTE to screw around with the poweroff splash screen, but going to Tools>Manage LZ11>Compress (or decompress) doesn't do anything. With the UMSTB extractor, though, it brings up the prompt just fine. Is it just me?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, trying to use MSBTE to screw around with the poweroff splash screen, but going to Tools>Manage LZ11>Compress (or decompress) doesn't do anything. With the UMSTB extractor, though, it brings up the prompt just fine. Is it just me?
Use 0.8.5, I had the same problem on latest.

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to edit the msbt files but they doesn't work at all. i extracted menu.msbt, edited some stuff with the editor, replaced it with smash file explorer and packed the mod.

Am i missing something?

Pib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the ability to add strings to an msbt file a planned feature? that's a feature that would be useful for smash, since adding alt costumes with different names causes it to try to load strings that don't exist in the file

Reactions: I pwned U!

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is the ability to add strings to an msbt file a planned feature? that's a feature that would be useful for smash, since adding alt costumes with different names causes it to try to load strings that don't exist in the file
It is a planned feature and is currently in alpha. I'm not satisfied with the current state that it's in but I also don't have time right now to work on the tool.

Thanks for the example file @tomx86.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, is there any way to add a new string to file? Or copy an existing one, and then edit it?
Did you somehow miss the reply just above yours?
It is a planned feature and is currently in alpha. I'm not satisfied with the current state that it's in but I also don't have time right now to work on the tool.

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly, I can't help you @nooby89. The LZ11 De/Compression tools in MSBT Editor Reloaded are the only parts that I kept from @exelix11's editor.

As I didn't write that code, I really have no idea. From the error message, your files aren't actually compressed with the same LZ11 compression? The file you provided is using LZ64 compression?

Reactions: nooby89

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really don't know why, but when I use a .lz file (and I'm sure is a LZ11 file, because this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-edit-the-homemenu.424449/);
the next error appears :unsure:
Code:
The provided stream is not a valid LZ-0x11 compressed stream (invalide type 0x64)

Can anyone help me?
What file are you trying to open ? I just used v0.8.5 to decompress \message\EU_Italian\menu_msbt_LZ.bin and it worked.
That "(invalid type 0x64)" means that the first byte of your file is 0x64 and not 0x11 that's how should be in a LZ11 file,probably your file is corrupted or it's not LZ11 compressed.

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@IcySon55 how can you match the dev name eg MmelCharaC_05_Pikmin to the in game name eg ALPH is it the weird characters before the dev name or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: