ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone else have access to the Preorder DLC Eggs? I can upload the Explorers Set Eggs I got today, as with update 1.21 of the Save Editor, we can extract eggs.

Explorers Set Eggs are:
Yian Kut-Ku (Ice), Lagombi (Thunder), Rathian (Water) and Zinogre (Fire).

I have these in exported egg format, and I have attached them to this post, had to 7z the first as my browser wouldn't allow bin files to be attached to this post.

Can anyone else get the others? Need the Riders Set (Zinogre (Ice), Tygrex (Fire), Nargacuga (Lightning) and Khezu (Water)), and the Hero Set (Rathalos (Ice), Lagiacrus (Fire), Brachydios (Lightning) and Qurupeco (Water)). If some kind soul could extract these from their game, before hatching said monsties, then posting them here, it would be swell.

Kind regards,

Ryuragnas

Attachments

• Monster Hunter Stories - Explorers Set Monsters.7z
    387 bytes · Views: 1,900

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you already know it, but i see that IV's are the Same stat that you gain when you "break" The egg. And in almost all cases The Total is 8 points!

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are the good genes For . Silver Rath, Gold Rathina, Diablos, Molten Tigrex and Nargacuga? can anyone provide a genes that are good for this monsties because I'm so confused when putting genes on them when editing thanks in advance!

Generally good genes for silver is:
My silver Rath:
Seregios Gene; Fire Scale; Dinovaldo Gene
Tenacity Gene; Silver Rath; Power Gene L
Evasion Gene L; Dragon Arua; Goukami Gene

It's optimized based on discussions online.

It has Fire Atk up, Power Atk Up, Technical Atk Up, Max HP UP and Speed Up Bingo. Dinovaldo and Goukami Genes are not transferable. You have to use the save editor to get them.

Avery19000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I just have another question. for some reason, my weapons don't show on the back of my character. None of them. I don't know if anyone is having this problem too after using the editor? If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know?
Here are some pictures.

Thank You,
Avery

PZDAVgsn1qrDyMPE6Cj7BXwKN_PGpJXi9lKr1Z6Fx5RIndP0Z0qD_SwC2DZ8rwSLN366WVexE2WnVEo_fzTAarzc1W-C40se__xPMf6Qh1TQ74ii_2npdkmp4USC-ExhTqtgzLFFjY8Y3UmPuOoqmIipcLbZPIE8WVEOYjIzKZoZboUItNLjKKlTRcBBrV3rsQneWp2Z7jydXBMMCistmq-roZgLCnGHkaOkEaQPL39N9WwzD93sB_8OBub_oNL-GlGip0f0Ns0hFzpCzqALAe3S8h0TcPjm4LsbsCXR2jBwj_WeCHMn4B2koQqARhOPGL4omHckw0kUj4buRlufYRF7hevvbyupErlmTXFdoGRn7bb367295ihGDYKyk5nyMRAkcXmD7abMGhtlOeTCKHHS4uVPMwVboBa2ZnZlLHAlh2IKIUNzL0Y0-4uV7oCGSZxKsdFEyVzsdJ3q1ZdK2Cn8frr6z8kUzN0VVFMGbXZRWhLT-pWwqHX0ghOLOUGcX1s4NO4-LMh8oC5zNfdZ9LR5RmAaLIDWRsJO99JQ4FkMvJzmDDfjLYWIK19w71cIRfm7H9tHrEXaCqMgxG3EQahGncE33NwILQ80ayTSZKR9NGs=w713-h951-no

Obj6iNKAwYTrBf7Mq-UYbGx-WUCr45BtpLFS6S9nMboo--N-FLCqxu2TnXlKD-nkrxRFvKxPe5SavzjnSz0AG89CmWatbrpjMPUxR0kut9VBuo1s2XQlgt2sBkdzHQNVrq06oeTEyqhco_Pmf7c7_719fe5L5uJwfO33u-gL-1lVc--w4-rRkXspuXerhcV4COaAEut2jI6C9RMj4S-cJ1sTzFJCDmN8oqHz8wxwkdn7N6MCUHmBhJHJWCT_MrLbJ6i091rlgLMu9DlU_JxOiAsFUuF-VTmACiLw48cHtuj5eLj41JtGF3hzhe5vJYOAIHo6zjmRemcQ1SoyaRf1_04PxDbt1nAcmKu58WfMhhEYUvw64I5g2ms_pziGscOmWoClZEuuLcm7m5cwblTCUSlQhDMjotT51hJTUZBZ1X7qiX4Mrah4L5P7GSMz-Y5X1wgvLZrexcb7402Z5hrqncLs7TElssL2t_wXMf5ajNNfLHJ1rm5BuFqMKL4jHljvN2mOhF593QdkRoNeK9O5MELUz_OuYdwxKF1NpCmrcFgmViWPw66GeLH8JhaZ4O1ze41zDmlMExhEaFmLkN73twaiWODGBEnMxzk_LY8W4xqwdrY=w713-h951-no

Last edited by Avery19000,

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you already know it, but i see that IV's are the Same stat that you gain when you "break" The egg. And in almost all cases The Total is 8 points!
The game doesn't crash for anything between 0-255. As long as the sum <= 80, the game won't automatically change the stats. That's why we call 80 "the legit limit". However you can put 255 and the game won't change either. The algorithm is a mystery. My guess is the game renders 255 as -1 (int8) and the sum -3 is definitely <= 80. However seems IVs are converted to UINT when calculating stats - the reason why 255 gives ridiculous stats.

iDropOut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry I just have another question. for some reason, my weapons don't show on the back of my character. None of them. I don't know if anyone is having this problem too after using the editor? If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know?
Here are some pictures.

Thank You,
Avery

gifQ9SjW4-fxG0GaGY239RwUv6Hi_blOrORYKjdOyuMJMccWOPHcBM7pPXuPpn_xh8fDUoFzyGBmBof8_x2tAZy-M2UhxGxYLQZ178Gp7sBDhf78eJP3TCrigGtkds5PnQ2rQrJXTO7Bg886aNqlQFC7MZDQSQC2HhFrkNK_wZlVcY6Dqamu7odyrgIyPpP8Ajqikh85OYJkQqVqkpOl4PzUrPh1CJP8ErEVmxX_VbWv7DmFja6pu5ZdgSnKO-C6SQ2Ji83a9BwM83wd_Vf1jW5SmH0r-XUgyKGmRDQXHQSuTZyl7EqJyhcPRrpkOzp2X2QGybNKfxqUyvffKxULUm_Nxz4IwYG0Z-Dd81it_57TU84Zf7S22lY986WXv29CG4SfndS-Th-r4na_AytlRE55EROeuf3Yit-3CcgqF0rE_5FWLnqiFoD7PDMAas0s0gapXFBssojpZGhf1STPy4OAI8Zk5SaKfGH7gYKk5CXWa_Y5nneFkVNEBhLwFgzcpdd6WOuZs6YrwL4Vqn3jtiGGU-xuGQru9NSf8vZqKL_5DHCR2jVoCebAHjnijsKQ7pxpqRdFkD2-ooYc6OMKJZAHg51C0sGXKEg2qqWb49pE-E0=w1267-h950-no

84mV53inIhT8bhkM20mAYUZdSANgQmxgao90tTjADRw169taJSnT_HDPH3j8MoVjmi9CG5-gj33sgBE8y2YT-Pv7ZmTwMGrifeB1am6IM00MIf0zs3mrlQD34BgrmypGd2iu88FQUXh0RUOCzIMJ15lFNPuPuQ_bJofPblHWF3WWiCpJTsjekbDE1PPPjCJFXhorx8js1EbCa3DUijB0gbqtcqdBIMFZTtWq3RVW7ApCLRb-hi2yEBAmgUxYiWmlpxhnCNJbMt429_sWUcgx4F-fLd-pw8ek1terCose8BIfMeuEuoH6bfh23iqokH0vS-3RwmgsaL_g4LRkuphCr19QwZTvk3IeNeg40OfwxhSVs3-E0BymxULzOwYJGrjFesNyCv7G42AqlO8VpjgPeLVJznZvSsSUPJNNVI6aX7jTWj68AdXBcFXdtgeH9824ymozxpJjud9-T--U5yK34QqQ-kEtJeplbnctL7aHHaZImqZtjkFHJ61MexdK104olfz8S43F1eiBpXZA6bTh8l9U2XX2Hxp3xdJV7hM4h-BRcjuXp3ghQKnt0lvG2MQCTmlAlt4XttmIqgflwufPTpvY2SzTuQbXKj-7=w1267-h950-no
it's only show when u are at the outside of the city.

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are some pictures.

Thank You,
Avery

gifQ9SjW4-fxG0GaGY239RwUv6Hi_blOrORYKjdOyuMJMccWOPHcBM7pPXuPpn_xh8fDUoFzyGBmBof8_x2tAZy-M2UhxGxYLQZ178Gp7sBDhf78eJP3TCrigGtkds5PnQ2rQrJXTO7Bg886aNqlQFC7MZDQSQC2HhFrkNK_wZlVcY6Dqamu7odyrgIyPpP8Ajqikh85OYJkQqVqkpOl4PzUrPh1CJP8ErEVmxX_VbWv7DmFja6pu5ZdgSnKO-C6SQ2Ji83a9BwM83wd_Vf1jW5SmH0r-XUgyKGmRDQXHQSuTZyl7EqJyhcPRrpkOzp2X2QGybNKfxqUyvffKxULUm_Nxz4IwYG0Z-Dd81it_57TU84Zf7S22lY986WXv29CG4SfndS-Th-r4na_AytlRE55EROeuf3Yit-3CcgqF0rE_5FWLnqiFoD7PDMAas0s0gapXFBssojpZGhf1STPy4OAI8Zk5SaKfGH7gYKk5CXWa_Y5nneFkVNEBhLwFgzcpdd6WOuZs6YrwL4Vqn3jtiGGU-xuGQru9NSf8vZqKL_5DHCR2jVoCebAHjnijsKQ7pxpqRdFkD2-ooYc6OMKJZAHg51C0sGXKEg2qqWb49pE-E0=w1267-h950-no

84mV53inIhT8bhkM20mAYUZdSANgQmxgao90tTjADRw169taJSnT_HDPH3j8MoVjmi9CG5-gj33sgBE8y2YT-Pv7ZmTwMGrifeB1am6IM00MIf0zs3mrlQD34BgrmypGd2iu88FQUXh0RUOCzIMJ15lFNPuPuQ_bJofPblHWF3WWiCpJTsjekbDE1PPPjCJFXhorx8js1EbCa3DUijB0gbqtcqdBIMFZTtWq3RVW7ApCLRb-hi2yEBAmgUxYiWmlpxhnCNJbMt429_sWUcgx4F-fLd-pw8ek1terCose8BIfMeuEuoH6bfh23iqokH0vS-3RwmgsaL_g4LRkuphCr19QwZTvk3IeNeg40OfwxhSVs3-E0BymxULzOwYJGrjFesNyCv7G42AqlO8VpjgPeLVJznZvSsSUPJNNVI6aX7jTWj68AdXBcFXdtgeH9824ymozxpJjud9-T--U5yK34QqQ-kEtJeplbnctL7aHHaZImqZtjkFHJ61MexdK104olfz8S43F1eiBpXZA6bTh8l9U2XX2Hxp3xdJV7hM4h-BRcjuXp3ghQKnt0lvG2MQCTmlAlt4XttmIqgflwufPTpvY2SzTuQbXKj-7=w1267-h950-no

What exactly did you edit? Please tell me exactly the fields you changed. I hacked myself armors and weapons but did not encounter similar things.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's only show in the outside of the city.
Okay I'm an idiot.

Does anyone else have access to the Preorder DLC Eggs? I can upload the Explorers Set Eggs I got today, as with update 1.21 of the Save Editor, we can extract eggs.

Explorers Set Eggs are:

I have these in exported egg format, and I have attached them to this post, had to 7z the first as my browser wouldn't allow bin files to be attached to this post.

Can anyone else get the others? Need the Riders Set (Zinogre (Ice), Tygrex (Fire), Nargacuga (Lightning) and Khezu (Water)), and the Hero Set (Rathalos (Ice), Lagiacrus (Fire), Brachydios (Lightning) and Qurupeco (Water)). If some kind soul could extract these from their game, before hatching said monsties, then posting them here, it would be swell.

Kind regards,

Ryuragnas
Thanks! I'm gonna update some "optimal" setup ( after tons of research online ) for Stygian Zin, Ivory Lagiacrus, Silver Rath and Deviljho too. These are my main battle force. Also gonna link your set in OP.

Explorers Set Eggs are:

Kind regards,

Ryuragnas
Thanks! I'm gonna update some "optimal" setup ( after tons of research online ) for Stygian Zin, Ivory Lagiacrus, Silver Rath and Deviljho too. These are my main battle force. Also gonna link your set in OP.

Rich_venom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The game doesn't crash for anything between 0-255. As long as the sum <= 80, the game won't automatically change the stats. That's why we call 80 "the legit limit". However you can put 255 and the game won't change either. The algorithm is a mystery. My guess is the game renders 255 as -1 (int8) and the sum -3 is definitely <= 80. However seems IVs are converted to UINT when calculating stats - the reason why 255 gives ridiculous stats.

i don't understand that part about 252... It's like Pokémon? Because I see that you said that the limit is 80. You have and explanation about that? Or the recomendation is look first your program and then make me an idea about that.

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The elite four monster set: (optimal genes, legit IVs(not 255))
(Use monster import, also change their UID so no duplicate)

Silver Rath(Fire), Deviljho(Physical/Dragon), Stygian Zinogre(Dragon), Ivory Lagiacrus(Thunder)

i don't understand that part about 252... It's like Pokémon? Because I see that you said that the limit is 80. You have and explanation about that? Or the recomendation is look first your program and then make me an idea about that.
255 is the fundamental limit. 80 is the legit limit. 0-8, 0-15 whatever is the game mechanics limit.

This is a lv99 atk/hp/def 255 dinovaldo.

EuaxOJq.jpg

This is a lv99 atk/hp/def 255 silver rath.

W18U4Vj.jpg

They should explain the non-linear part.

Attachments

• elite_four.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 626
Last edited by secXsQuared,
Reactions: Ncrawl

Avery19000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try something first with my game. It actually might be something else so I'm going to test a few things. but here is what I did.

1. I edited it to put it to max level (5).
2. when I realized that you can still upgrade after level (5) I wanted to upgrade all my armors to the 2nd max level.
3. Thinking it was probably going to be the same Type and ID after editing the level I just put the level to 10 since the 1st max level was 5.
4. when I imported my save my armors were at level 16 and the stats were at 0. So I was wrong and the Type and Id must have changed into something else when upgrading to 2nd max level.

Thank You for your help,
Avery

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to try something first with my game. It actually might be something else so I'm going to test a few things. but here is what I did.

2. when I realized that you can still upgrade after level (5) I wanted to upgrade all my armors to the 2nd max level.
3. Thinking it was probably going to be the same Type and ID after editing the level I just put the level to 10 since the 1st max level was 5.
4. when I imported my save my armors were at level 16 and the stats were at 0. So I was wrong and the Type and Id must have changed into something else when upgrading to 2nd max level.

Thank You for your help,
Avery
They don't work that way. After a low rank armor's lv5, the game gives you the high rank version of that armor lv1. So the lv doesn't change, the id is changed to the high rank version.

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What are the good genes For . Silver Rath, Gold Rathina, Diablos, Molten Tigrex and Nargacuga? can anyone provide a genes that are good for this monsties because I'm so confused when putting genes on them when editing thanks in advance!

I have a really good setup for silver and gold:

Silver rathalos:
- power bingo
- technique bingo
- Speed bingo
- random bingo
- fire bingo

skill:
- hyper dispersing flame breat (silver gene)
- healing Song (qurupeco gene)
- attack +3
- power attack +3
- critical eye +3
- evasion +3
- all element res +3
- burn rate +3
- burn extension +3

Gold rathian:
- power bingo
- technique bingo
- Speed bingo
- random bingo
- fire bingo

Skill:
- dispersing flame breath (Gold gene)
- attack +3
- Speed attack +3
- elemental attack +3
- all element res +3
- status rate +3
- poison rate +3
- poison extension +3

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thank You for your help,
Avery
The reason why it's 16 is because they are hex. Hex(10) = Dec(16)

I have a really good setup for silver and gold:

Silver rathalos:
- power bingo
- technique bingo
- Speed bingo
- random bingo
- fire bingo

skill:
- hyper dispersing flame breat (silver gene)
- attack +3
- power attack +3
- critical eye +3
- evasion +3
- all element res +3
- burn rate +3
- burn extension +3

Gold rathian:
- power bingo
- technique bingo
- Speed bingo
- random bingo
- fire bingo

Skill:
- dispersing flame breath (Gold gene)
- attack +3
- Speed attack +3
- elemental attack +3
- all element res +3
- status rate +3
- poison rate +3
- poison extension +3

Not bad. But for max dps, Silver rath generally needs Fire Atk Up larg (skill, not bingo), and fire scale and optionally dragon aura. Since it mostly does fire damage.
See this https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4838322081 (google translate) for the discussion. I made my set based on this.

EDIT:
Seregios gene gives you a technique skill as well as chances to apply bleeding. It's really good because it allows silver rath to counter speed attacks, since silver rath tends to use power attacks.

Last edited by secXsQuared,

TKT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here are a few code ids i translated to english.
  • monster skill ids
  • sword and shields
  • all basic armors (before leveling them up)
as i noticed that atm a few people are struggling to get ntr working and the items dont make the crafting quests appear.
i done all this attempting to find the link costume and sword xD.

awesome save editor!

Attachments

• Monster Hunter Stories English IDs.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,046

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are a few code ids i translated to english.
  • monster skill ids
  • sword and shields
  • all basic armors (before leveling them up)
as i noticed that atm a few people are struggling to get ntr working and the items dont make the crafting quests appear.
i done all this attempting to find the link costume and sword xD.

awesome save editor!
Will update OP and the tutorial. Thanks a lot. Do you mind my embed them into the tutorial? Will give proper credit.

Any good builds for Epona?
Haven't looked into him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all