ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah weird, it works on Citra but not on the 3DS. Open FBI and select QR Install, then scan this. It's game v1.2 with English patch v4, which is exactly the same as v5 translation wise so don't worry.

glpowg.png

zPatnln201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah weird, it works on Citra but not on the 3DS. Open FBI and select QR Install, then scan this. It's game v1.2 with English patch v4, which is exactly the same as v5 translation wise so don't worry.
Ohh I got it, and-------------------------Yeahhhh It's working !!! thank you broche :)))))

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Apologies for reviving the thread, but for the past couple days the game keeps asking me to update further than 1.4... Is there a new patch or something out? If there's a 1.5 or so, can someone post it? I updated using the CIA from the last page on here.

Ulrick2b

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi , I just wanted to say thank you to Kibido ( You beautiful b*stard ) , I had f*ck up my installation when trying to update , and his uptade+patch file saved me , you're awesome dude.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still no Translation for MHXX Switch, right?
Is there a guide somewhere how I can patch MHXX on switch with extracting the data from my copy of MHGU? You can play local co op with 3ds and swith versions of MHXX when i remember right?

Attachments

• MHXX vs MHGU smaller.jpg
    MHXX vs MHGU smaller.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 657

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
does it translate dialogue too? or for some reason it doesnt work on my 3ds?
Read the patch notes. This patch ONLY translates what is IMPORTANT, meaning dialogue isn't translated. Items, MOST quests, armor names, etc. are translated as those are very important to playing through the game, while you don't get anything at all from knowing what NPCs are saying. If you are any like me, even on the localized games, you just skip over all the text anyway when talking to NPCs.

rassular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really want this answered:
Does anyone know what every save data bonus is?
As in a bonus for having extra data of:
Monster hunter diary: poka poka airou village dx
Mh4g
Monster hunter stories
Monster hunter xx demo
Usj real pack

I know what the rewards are for mh4g and stories, I just need to know what you get for the airou village dx and the demo

Normie1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had the version 4 English Patch.
Just the standalone patch, I'm trying to use it in my 1.2 game. I know the version 5 patch works, but it doesn't help with what I'm trying to accomplish.

I've already scoured the web for hours and know for a fact it has been nuked from orbit.
If anyone can send me a link that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Normie1337,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had the version 4 English Patch.
Just the standalone patch, I'm trying to use it in my 1.2 game. I know the version 5 patch works, but it doesn't help with what I'm trying to accomplish.

I've already scoured the web for hours and know for a fact it has been nuked from orbit.
If anyone can send me a link that would be greatly appreciated.
Update game to 1.4, then use the version 5 of the patch, simple, that way you get to play online as well:P

As for the version 4 patch, there's a post with a prepatched CIA of 1.2 with version 4 of the patch somewhere in the thread (think around the 30s pages), so you might want to look for that. Although, just updating properly is better since it lets you play online which means you can play with others even if they have GU on Switch...

Normie1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update game to 1.4, then use the version 5 of the patch, simple, that way you get to play online as well:P

As for the version 4 patch, there's a post with a prepatched CIA of 1.2 with version 4 of the patch somewhere in the thread (think around the 30s pages), so you might want to look for that. Although, just updating properly is better since it lets you play online which means you can play with others even if they have GU on Switch...
I'm a solo hunter, so going online isn't really something I'm interested in. I like to cheat a bit anyway (mostly with mods that allow for more interesting ways to hunt, such as weapon mods), so if I were to update I'd lose them.

I found the link you mentioned, it's on page 42 (thanks to based god ShroomKing for providing a never-expiring mega link). I'll test it out to see if it works and I'll reply if it does or doesn't.

Royerson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for reviving the thread, but for the past couple days the game keeps asking me to update further than 1.4... Is there a new patch or something out? If there's a 1.5 or so, can someone post it? I updated using the CIA from the last page on here.

I just spent a good amount of time messing around to fix this, I even CTRtransferred my 3DS to download the update, and messed around trying to rebuild the CIA, only to realize the issue is that the CIA floating around on the internet/in this thread (MHXX1.4englishV5.cia) just lost the minor version number when being rebuilt. I never figured out how to rebuild the cia properly, but just fixing the already patched cia was pretty easy.
Code:
ctrtool --contents=contents MHXX1.4englishV5.cia
makerom -f cia -o game.cia -minor 8 -content contents.0000.00000000:0:5 -content contents.0001.00000001:1:1

Anyway, a year later, here is the fixed cia, and also the unmodified update I CTRtransferred to dump.
https://mega.nz/#F!OI0gwIDL!Gpoda8X37dXEqMVdhpXimQ

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just spent a good amount of time messing around to fix this, I even CTRtransferred my 3DS to download the update, and messed around trying to rebuild the CIA, only to realize the issue is that the CIA floating around on the internet/in this thread (MHXX1.4englishV5.cia) just lost the minor version number when being rebuilt. I never figured out how to rebuild the cia properly, but just fixing the already patched cia was pretty easy.
Code:
ctrtool --contents=contents MHXX1.4englishV5.cia
makerom -f cia -o game.cia -minor 8 -content contents.0000.00000000:0:5 -content contents.0001.00000001:1:1

Anyway, a year later, here is the fixed cia, and also the unmodified update I CTRtransferred to dump.
https://mega.nz/#F!OI0gwIDL!Gpoda8X37dXEqMVdhpXimQ
Already fixed the issue like 2 days after I posted that, but good work I guess:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr