Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When I made the repo, I actually did mean to fork it rather than make a new one, so the original would display. Is there a way to link back to the original once a repo has already been created? With that being said though, trying to make a pull request out of my fork back into the original ReiNand (which is what I forked, not AuReiNand) would probably be a nightmare, since I reorganised the majority of the code. That, along with things I borrowed from AuReiNand that I assume Rei isn't interested in (such as the reboot patch; he made it rather clear that he had no interest in that) means there isn't much to do, as far as I can tell. If he's interested in some of the stuff I pulled in, great, I'll gladly make a pull request, but I figured he probably would have done these things (loading the injector on the fly) from the start.

I apologise if I've upset anyone with this, but it's a bit late to take it back now. If nobody wants to use this CFW, that's fine. I said from the beginning that I made it for myself. Encourage others to use AuReiNand, ReiNand, RxTools, or Cakes rather than this if you (you meaning people in general) prefer.

(Note that the tone of this reply isn't meant to be harsh, mean or sarcastic in any way.)
Never apologize for art. You are contributing to the community and giving more options for people to pick from. If someone wants a bare-bone CFW, I now know where to point them for that project! I am super happy to include this project on my 3DS because now I have more options to choose from and that makes me smile.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Shall i start the injector plugin questions :P
So any injector plugin to quickly boot into some kind of recovery (Decrypt9) to backup sysnand?
That's the only thing i want in every CFW, call me overprotected or call it overkill, but i make every first saturday of the month a sysnand/emunand backup (You can't have enough backups around :P )
and then a quick way to boot into Decrypt9 is easy.

[EDIT]
Yes i know, i can keep using AuReiNand, but i have 7 systems and like to try out almost every CFW :P
- 1 CakesFW A9LH (O3DS)
- 1 rxTools A9LH (O3DSXL)
- 1 ReiNand (N3DS)
- 1 AuReiNand A9LH EmuNand (N3DSXL)
- 1 AuReiNand A9LH Sysnand (N3DSXL)
- 1 mizuki now (O3DSXL)
- 1 bricked atm, needs repair ship it out to @gamesquest1 this week (2DS)

Last edited by DjoeN,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So any injector plugin to quickly boot into some kind of recovery (Decrypt9) to backup sysnand?
That's the only thing i want in every CFW, call me overprotected or call it overkill, but i make every first saturday of the month a sysnand/emunand backup (You can't have enough backups around :P )

[EDIT]
Yes i know, i can keep using AuReiNand, but i have 7 systems and like to try out almost every CFW :P
- 1 CakesFW A9LH (O3DS)
- 1 ReiNand (N3DS)
- 1 mizuki now (O3DSXL)
This should be used with something like arm9select or bootctr9 if you want to load external payloads.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
This should be used with something like arm9select or bootctr9 if you want to load external payloads.
I try to avoid anything like arm9select/bootctr/ctrbootmanager9.
But i suppose in this case it's the only option, cause i don't know anything about cxi injector stuff :)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I try to avoid anything like arm9select/bootctr/ctrbootmanager9.
But i suppose in this case it's the only option, cause i don't know anything about cxi injector stuff :)
I actually doubt that it would be possible to make a chainloader using 3ds injection, given that the injection is mainly used for patched the firmware. A chainloader would need to be built into the arm9 payload itself.

Reactions: DjoeN

eichhorn

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just what I wanted (well, almost. I only need support for n3DS, but I guess it's as close as it gets unless I learn coding myself). Thank you!

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the words of support and even the critiques, everyone.

[EDIT]
- 1 CakesFW A9LH (O3DS)
- 1 ReiNand (N3DS)
- 1 mizuki now (O3DSXL)

An injector CXI won't help you boot other things since that's ARM11 code. No, you'll need something like arm9select or one of the other boot managers in conjunction with this. Software I touch tends to follow the old UNIX philosophy of every individual thing should be good at its job (or in other words, one good software per job). Sure, that means that you'd have a few more things on your SD card, but I just prefer to have components be individual; that way you can change them out for whatever else and the rest of your setup isn't affected.

This supports n3ds.
I think he wanted this to be even more bare-bones and not have the o3ds be supported, but it's like two lines of code, so there's no reason not to. :P

Last edited by daxtsu,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I apologize if I just started a trend of removing features from a CFW and giving it your own name. I regret that decision in hindsight. The reason why I made a name change is because I want a clear indicator that my CFW does not support sig-patching--something I see as the "main" feature of other CFWs. But if other people are going to do this now, it's going to be a shitshow like the PS3 scene where everyone has their own "CFW". It seems like all this does is remove the emuNAND feature (correct me if that's wrong). I think all these "feature removal" stuff can be done with compile time flags and Makefile paramaters instead of warranting a new repo that farther segments the community. (Yes, I could have done that but I was too lazy.)

Please let the "CFW forking" stop here. It will only confuse new users more in a community that's already confusing.
I agree that things are kinda getting out of hand, but at the same time i developed it for people to experiment with. I had devs in mind over end-users to a degree, i admit. What you did with it is kinda what i expected from this and I liked what you did with it, hence why i added it in the main branch. I'm fine with people forking the code, just do we really need all of them 'officially released'? not really, lol.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Really, I don't see anything wrong with having stuff forked and more CFWs made, more options enriches the scene so there's something for everyone's taste.

Of course, were this a normal community where newbies actually bother to read guides, it would all work wonders. Alas, this is one of the most rotten communities ever where n00bs ask the same questions 10000 times a day, don't understand anything and complain when things aren't handed to them on a silver platter, thus why a lot of devs are entirely justified in getting tired of all this shit, packing up and leaving.

In short, having more options is always good and is something to shoot for, that many users turn this into a shitshow is something else altogether

Last edited by FrozenDragon150, , Reason: Typos

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing you need your settings to tell you:
874074a150.bmp

I did fix this though

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1.2 is here, and it offers the following:

• Load FIRM from NAND instead of SD (NTR will no longer work if your sysNAND uses 10.4 FIRM, but you can just use Mizuki 1.1 or AuReiNand if you need it; I don't, so it doesn't bother me)
  • AGB + TWL patching for custom Ambassador/DSiWare games, old DS flashcarts, and DsiWare homebrew (AGB_FIRM is not patched to use the GBA screen for more compatibility, thanks Aurora)
  • Reboot patch was updated based off Aurora's latest one, so /mizuki/patchfw.bin is no longer used, feel free to delete it. Mizuki will attempt to reboot itself from /arm9select/default.bin or /arm9loaderhax.bin. This makes it more flexible. If you need a different file name or path, then you'll need to hex edit Mizuki's arm9loaderhax.bin or recompile it and edit the path in rebootCode.s.

I also re-forked ReiNand to indicate Mizuki is a fork of it, out of respect for @Reisyukaku, @yifan_lu and @Aurora Wright. This means it'll show on Github that the original is ReiNand.

Possible known issues:
  • GBA/DSi patching is not working correctly on O3DS (apparently, from feedback I've gotten), please let me know how it works for you. Make sure you use clean FIRMs before reporting if it works or not.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Try bricking a Linux computer! ;)
A computer running Linux doesn't make it unbrickable. Flash a fucked BIOS/UEFI, and the entire machine is dead. Linux itself is stupid easy to ruin with just rm - rf / --no-preserve-root && dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sd*. Or, in a less destructive sense, one could just chattr +i the entire filesystem, but that's pure sadism.

Last edited by Joom,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Possible known issues:
  • GBA/DSi patching is not working correctly on O3DS (apparently, from feedback I've gotten), please let me know how it works for you. Make sure you use clean FIRMs before reporting if it works or not.
R4i Gold Launches just fine and closing it brings is right back to Mizuki.
DSi game (Shantae: Risky's Revenge) launches and closes to menu.
GBA games (Pokemon Emerald in case anyone was wondering) launches. Closes right back to Mizuki.
I am currently running on an old 3DS using the path "/arm9select/default.bin" because hex editing requires effort.

Last edited by The Catboy,

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
R4i Gold Launches just fine and closing it brings is right back to Mizuki.
GBA games (Pokemon Emerald in case anyone was wondering) launches. Closes right back to Mizuki.
I am currently running on an old 3DS using the path "/arm9select/default.bin" because hex editing requires effort.

So in other words, it's working fine? Great news, if so (though "closes right back" is what worries me a bit..).

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So in other words, it's working fine? Great news, if so (though "closes right back" is what worries me a bit..).
Closes back to Mizuki and not to the AuReiNAND (which is my default) is what I am trying to say.
It works perfectly on my 3DS!

Reactions: daxtsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one