ROM Hack [Release] Metroid Samus Returns Save Editor

Khaos-Void

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RedRose30: Been using JKSM for all of my testing and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Not sure how your homebrew setup is but I'm on the lastest version of Luma and running the 6-30-2016 build of JKSM. Try that build or perhaps reinstall it if you have it already, otherwise, I would suggest posting about your issue in the JKSM thread:

[TOPIC=413143][Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.[/TOPIC]

EDIT: Did a small search...this appears to be happening on the homebrew version for JKSM. Are you by chance running this from HB Launcher? If so, you may want to update HB Launcher.

Last edited by Khaos-Void,
Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RedRose30: Been using JKSM for all of my testing and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Not sure how your homebrew setup is but I'm on the lastest version of Luma and running the 6-30-2016 build of JKSM. Try that build or perhaps reinstall it if you have it already, otherwise, I would suggest posting about your issue in the JKSM thread:

[TOPIC=413143][Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.[/TOPIC]

EDIT: Did a small search...this appears to be happening on the homebrew version for JKSM. Are you by chance running this from HB Launcher? If so, you may want to update HB Launcher.

Thank you. I will try updating homebrew and see what happens. It's still weird how Ultra Moon works for this but not Samus Returns.

Khaos-Void

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I will try updating homebrew and see what happens. It's still weird how Ultra Moon works for this but not Samus Returns.

Your welcome. If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with the executable entry points changing as HBL uses exploits in order execute custom code. As such, it may not be as stable as the .cia version.

can i use to get passed diggernaut
Uh...maybe? If you're stuck, modify your save to have a lot of energy and/or aeion energy.
If you're wanting full inventory management, currently rog9001's save editor is unable to add any unacquired items. The [TOPIC=488164]save editor which I'm working on[/TOPIC] has full control over the inventory.

Reactions: RedRose30

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your welcome. If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with the executable entry points changing as HBL uses exploits in order execute custom code. As such, it may not be as stable as the .cia version.

So I updated homebrew to 2.0.0 and I think this made the save manager more unstable. I can no longer exit out because now it freezes on the red screen (it happened to both UM and ACNL: Welcome Amiibo). And Samus Returns still doesn't work.

My 3DS does not have custom firmware. All I do is use Ocarina of Time to get to homebrew. The only thing I really care about it backing up my saves, which I've been able to do just fine until this game. My 3DS is on fw 11.2.0-35U.

Should I make another thread asking for help?

rog9001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Right now I am making a library for myself so I can write save editors faster and so I wont need to rewrite the same functions for every editor I make. This editor will get an update in a few... days (maybe) and it will have the whole unlock stuff working even if the data isn't in the file already. Also the editor will be smaller in size, which I don't think really matters sins its already pretty small in size.

Last edited by rog9001,

SirOcelot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Stargate3ds and it appears to save to it’s SDCard as .sav files. It is my understanding these are encrypted and There are no editors that directly interface with these. Would there be a way to convert the sav File to one that is readable by your editor?

rog9001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a Stargate3ds and it appears to save to it’s SDCard as .sav files. It is my understanding these are encrypted and There are no editors that directly interface with these. Would there be a way to convert the sav File to one that is readable by your editor?

If you have CFW on the 3DS, or access to homebrew, then you can use something like JKSM, JKSV or Checkpoint to dump the save, which will be decrypted.

Now that I read your comment again, it saves it directly to the SD card? If that's so then 1) that's sort of dumb; 2) I don't think there is anyway to decrypt it on PC.

Last edited by rog9001,

SirOcelot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have CFW on the 3DS, or access to homebrew, then you can use something like JKSM, JKSV or Checkpoint to dump the save, which will be decrypted.

Now that I read your comment again, it saves it directly to the SD card? If that's so then 1) that's sort of dumb; 2) I don't think there is anyway to decrypt it on PC.

Thanks for the rapid response, I appreciate it. At this time, there are no plans to switch over to CFW but it looks tempting. Correct. When I pop the cart out and subsequently the microsd card and plug it into my PC, along with the roms there are corresponding .sav files accompanying my .3ds files.

SirOcelot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the rapid response, I appreciate it. At this time, there are no plans to switch over to CFW but it looks tempting. Correct. When I pop the cart out and subsequently the microsd card and plug it into my PC, along with the roms there are corresponding .sav files accompanying my .3ds files.

Karthiken

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything works but unlocking power ups. Here is the files.

Hello guys, thaks a lot for your great jobs especially rog9001 and his team. Same problem encountred with the powerups !

Please someone can tell how to fix it to have the MSRSE version Z completly functionnal ?

Thanks

IPolarisI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I am grateful. I don't understand why some games want to force people to complete a mode that's too easy, before unlocking the next difficulty level :/

NintendoMan100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is an old post, but thank you so much.
I got stuck on Fusion mode after using the Amiibo unlocker and not realizing what Fusion mode actually was, I thought it only was to unlock the Fusion suit appearance, so when I got back into game and the boss (the robot with the 2 pillars) was one hitting me I was like "What the freak!? This is insane, how do I disable Fusion mode and go back to Hard mode?"

PS: To be honest, I think the Fusion suit model for Samus Returns doesn't look that great compare to the original or the Gravity suit.

Yemeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this. Even with using checkpoint so I can just run through the enemies it still took 4:05 to get to the last save station and I wasn't about to do it again.

I was a bit unclear on how to use this. At first I thought I needed to locate the 00000001.sav file under titles.
Then I saw the post about making a backup with checkpoint.
After editing the result from doing that and restoring it I got the result I wanted.

rog9001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bumping this old decrepit post, because I finally came around to updating the editor, also in case someone out there still plays this game and wants a good, feature rich, save editor for it :ha:
Who knows, I might even come around to updating this thing again in the future and adding even MORE stuff to it haha~!

For anyone reading this, if you encounter any issues while using the editor don't be afraid to submit an issue on the github page, there is a higher probability I'll see it that way than if you were to post the issue here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь