[Release] Mario Kart 7 Online NTR Plugin

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DarkFlare69, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Obligates

Obligates Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2019
    United States
    Region (USA/EUR/JPN): USA
    Game version (Rev0/Rev0 1.1/Rev1): Rev0 (I think?)
    Luma version (from Luma Updater): 9.1-4b341e0
    Plugin last updated (provide a date) OR version string at the top of the plugin: Just installed 3.8.1 today (6/7/2019)
    Codes not working: Stalking Hack, Touch Screen Teleporter, Moonjump
    What happens when using the code (error code, crash, nothing, etc): When i go to select any of the above, once i scroll down to the Stalking hack my console completely freezes other than the text switching between "CTRPluginFramework....By Nanquitas" If i scroll up from the bottom of the list, once i scroll to Moonjump it automatically scrolls up to Stalking hack and freezes again. It doesnt unfreeze until i hold down the power buttom to power off the console.

Any solution to this? I have tried to delete and reinstall the plugin and luma without any luck.

gird likes this.
  2. Thetastatic

Thetastatic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    United States
    Hello!

So I followed all the steps, downloaded the boot.firm file and downloaded the plugin. I put the boot.firm at the root of my SD card, and I directed the plugin to sd:/luma:/plugins:/0004000000030800:/. I am able to successfully and am able to load the Rosalina menu on my 3DS. However, when I do, the "plugin loader" option does not show, even though I have downloaded the modified boot.firm file and placed it at the root of the SD card. For reference, I am running CFW 11.10.0-43U and Luma 10.0, on an old 3DS XL. I'm using this way because I don't want to install NTR since I am new to hacking and looking for efficiency. Thank you!

3. gird

gird Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2019
    Canada
    a place far, far, far away
    Region (USA/EUR/JPN): USA
    Game version (Rev0/Rev0 1.1/Rev1): Rev1
    Luma version (from Luma Updater): v9.1-4b341e03
    Plugin last updated (provide a date) OR version string at the top of the plugin: 3.8.1
    Codes not working: Stalking, Touch Screen Teleport, Moonjump
    What happens when using the code (error code, crash, nothing, etc): same as Obligates
    Edit: also freezes if I press info on Always Crushed.

Last edited by gird, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Mike9090

Mike9090 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Region: EUR
    Game Version: Rev1
    Luma version: 10.0.1-f1b787c
    Plugin last updated: Today (2nd of September 2019)
    Codes not working: "Always have item" code, set vr code and some more.
    What happens when using the code: With the code to always have the same item it doesn't give me the item but nothing else happens. Same thing for set vr code, nothing happens after changing the hex to 0 (it's still my normal vr). For the others: I can't get to any codes on the lower half of Speed & Movement codes. The 3ds freezes and all I can do is force a shutoff. Anything below stalker will do it.

Last edited by Mike9090, Sep 2, 2019
  5. DarkFlare69
    OP

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I've made the plugin open source with a very intuitive design so that anyone can do that. The cleanliness and simplicity of the plugin would be compromised by adding a bunch of separate cheats for each item.
    upload_2019-10-9_13-57-24.png

Changing buttons should be pretty easy, and the item IDs are in the References spoiler of this thread. If you have any questions feel free to leave a reply.

Unfortunately this is a problem with CTRPF as far as I'm aware. This problem has come to my attention several times and I've asked some people who are involved in CTRPF development/beta testing and they think it is an issue with CTRPF, not necessarily with my plugin.

Read above

If you have the boot.firm on there, the option for plugin loading should be there.. I can't think of any other reason. Double check that it's on there. Sorry I can't think of anything else.

Always have item should only be activated in a race
    Set VR should be activated either in a worldwide live view, voting screen, or when players names appear
    The last issue has been mentioned above by others, and it's something with CTRPF I believe.

For everyone having the issue with menu freezes/scrolling/whatnot, are you on new 3DS or old 3DS? XL or regular? @Obligates @gird @Mike9090

Last edited by DarkFlare69, Oct 9, 2019
  6. Mike9090

Mike9090 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    I'm on old 3ds xl.

7. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    The others might be on old 3ds too. I think it might be a ram limitation but i cant be sure of that

8. Melobraac02888

Melobraac02888 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    United States
    Darkflare, I am using your cheat plugin for Mario Kart 7, and some of the cheats crash my 2DS. I am on your newest version (3.8.1) but the stalking hack, touch screen teleporter, moonjump, and fast green shell cheats are not working. Any recommendations?

9. NintendoGamer28

NintendoGamer28 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2017
    Hi, @Melobraac02888

Can you tell me what version and region of MK7 you're using?
    On page 1 there is a blank form that you can fill out if there is an issue you're having with the plugin. Once I have this information i'll be able to help.

DarkFlare69 likes this.
  10. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I'm starting to think a lot of these issues are memory related, as it seems everyone having these types of problems is on a console with limited memory (2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL). N3DS and N3DS XL seem to be fine as far as I can see

NintendoGamer28 likes this.
  11. Mike9090

Mike9090 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2019
    Netherlands
    Do you plan on finding a solution to it or not?

12. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    It's not a problem with my plugin, but rather with CTRPF. There's nothing I can do about it. It's closed source. The most obvious thing would be to remove a lot of the assets that aren't completely necessary but I can't do that.

13. NintendoGamer28

Jan 15, 2017
    That makes sense. I still find it strange my o3DS never crashes when I use it with CTRPF.

14. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    does it work with my plugin? it might be fine with other smaller plugins

15. NintendoGamer28

Jan 15, 2017
    your plugin works fine for me

16. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    It works fine on my O3DS as well. I can't reproduce the problem to fix it. It seems there must be something else affecting it.

17. NintendoGamer28

Jan 15, 2017
    Maybe people activating too much assets with the plugin e.g. rom hacks or libshark2ntr

18. Justsomeuser

Justsomeuser Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2019
    United States
    For some reason i get this error all the time when i use the plugin. I use luma3ds 10.1 on a old 3ds system. 20191129_233958.jpg

19. Justsomeuser

Justsomeuser Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2019
    United States
    It ended up turning into this...

Attached Files:

20. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Redownload the boot.firm, people have reported that using ctgp-7 will download a modded boot.firm that disables plugin usage and it stays that way until you re-download the original. I haven't been able to confirm but that's what im im getting most often

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

could be possible, especially if people are loading ntr or doing rom hacks or something. i would like to know a confirmed exact cause

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted