Hacking [Release] lesshax - CFW Optimized 9.2 Payload

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet of such quick reply!

May I ask, what is the difference between that and this one, here? Which one offers a more consistent boot (which is my main concern)?

http://ihaveamac.github.io/ninjhax2.x/
both smealum's original and mine should be identical, with mine just hiding the colors and debug information. I don't know if my changes affect boot rate, I never really tested it.

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Correct. You can just grab the ropbin payload for your system from smealum's site and rename it to what menuhax is looking for. That will get you 2.7. Not sure how to get 2.6 at this point.

I downloaded the ropbin file here and renamed it accordingly: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/.

Sadly, now it only freezes at the booting image every time.

But I could use the ropbin file (with menuhax, not just ropbin) here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You don't even have to do all of them.
Alright, I've been using it for a week or two now, and it's kind of strange. It does boot 3-5 seconds faster than with menuhax, which is nice, but it's actually been LESS consistent for me than menuhax ever was. Freezes about 1/8 times for me, whereas menuhax was only around 1/15. I'll keep using it (mainly because I'm too lazy to recreate my old payload), but it's something worth noting.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm using the rxTools payload as less.3dsx and ignoring CTR Boot Manager completely, because I don't really ever have to access anything other than that with menuhax.

O3DSXL, sysNAND 9.2.0U, GW emuNAND 10.7.0U with rxTools.

Though I cant simply replace it with the ropbin payload file I found on the official website, it finally turns out that my default menuhax payload was the most updated one as installed by the menuhaxmanager 2.2. The version I found on the debug screen is 2.7.

Here is my test with Aureinand:-

For the default one, the boot rate is so far 100% without any failure for more than 20 boots I had so far. But the shortcoming is that it has quite a few debug screens flashing.

For @ihavemac's version, I got two failure among about ten boots (each freezing at the blackscreen before entering cfw), though it cancelled the debug screen.

For lesshax, I got more or less 1-2 failures among ten.

Surprisingly, the default payload now turns out to be the most stable and consistent.....

Reactions: The9thBit

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Though I cant simply replace it with the ropbin payload file I found on the official website, it finally turns out that my default menuhax payload was the most updated one as installed by the menuhaxmanager 2.2. The version I found on the debug screen is 2.7.

Here is my test with Aureinand:-

For the default one, the boot rate is so far 100% without any failure for more than 20 boots I had so far. But the shortcoming is that it has quite a few debug screens flashing.

For @ihavemac's version, I got two failure among about ten boots (each freezing at the blackscreen before entering cfw), though it cancelled the debug screen.

For lesshax, I got more or less 1-2 failures among ten.

Surprisingly, the default payload now turns out to be the most stable and consistent.....
I'd say use the most stable one.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the point if you a9lhx
As a Gateway user myself, I think the only two reasons I can think of are "handy cheat searching via real-time/in-game ram searching" and "all of my games I've been using since 9.2 have been in .3ds format on my Gateway, and re-installing .cia versions of those games and injecting each of my saves would be a pain"

I think that's about it, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far