ROM Hack [Release] Kuriimu - A general purpose game translation toolkit for authors of fan translations.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you read the OP, you will know that we will ignore such requests if not put up as an issue on our github.
And that we also encourage self investigation.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this tool! Just had a question; I read through the original post and the readme, but I haven't found the exact information I am looking for, so I apologize in advance. Discord isn't loading up for some reason, either, but I think that's the wifi.

Can this tool be used on an .nds file?

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this tool! Just had a question; I read through the original post and the readme, but I haven't found the exact information I am looking for, so I apologize in advance. Discord isn't loading up for some reason, either, but I think that's the wifi.

Can this tool be used on an .nds file?
In general, yes you can open NDS files with Karameru. However, passed that point, we don't have support for very many file formats used by DS games yet.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In general, yes you can open NDS files with Karameru. However, passed that point, we don't have support for very many file formats used by DS games yet.

Ok, thanks for your reply. I'll test and see. Offhand, would you have a recommendation for another program that would allow editing .nds files? Specifically just the txt as this is a translation project.

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thanks for your reply. I'll test and see. Offhand, would you have a recommendation for another program that would allow editing .nds files? Specifically just the txt as this is a translation project.
There is no single program that will help you in this regard as every game is different. Many DS games have the text in their arm9 binaries (the executables) and editing these requires reverse engineering experience. Basically, you're in for a rough ride.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no single program that will help you in this regard as every game is different. Many DS games have the text in their arm9 binaries (the executables) and editing these requires reverse engineering experience. Basically, you're in for a rough ride.

Got it, thanks for that.

If I were to look at this from another angle, what if a patch already existed (English)...would it be theoretically simpler to work on editing the patch instead?

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got it, thanks for that.

If I were to look at this from another angle, what if a patch already existed (English)...would it be theoretically simpler to work on editing the patch instead?
No, most patches are in a sort of Difference format that by themselves are not in any state to be edited. You need all of the tools that the original team used/created to make a proper translation.

D

Deleted User

Hey there gbatemp,

Kuriimu is a suite of programs that I designed to be flexible tools for the purposes of fan translating games, apps, etc... and the flexibility is attained through plugins! (DLL files developed by programmers.)

Want to talk about it?
If you would like to reach out to me to discuss Kuriimu and/or writing plugins for it, I can be reached most easily on the Fan Translators Int. discord (which I run) here:

Hop into the #kuriimu channel and hit us up.

Kuriimu - A text editor.

Kukkii - An image converter.

Karameru - An archive manager.

All Releases

Current release:

Kuriimu v1.0.14
Features
  • Fixed blocked DLL loading. Users will no longer need to unblock the files for Kuriimu to use them!
  • Karameru can now Add and Delete files to and from plugins that support the functionality.
  • Knit steps are now skippable based on a saved cache value.
  • Fixed several bugs in some Knit steps.
  • Added support for an animated image in Knit that moves based on the progress bar value.
  • Kukkii's single image export option now outputs filenames the same way that the batch mode does.
  • Fenceposts now supports ASCII strings properly for dumping and injection.
  • Fencepsots now fully supports the selected game handler plugin.
  • Find & Replace in Kuriimu now takes the game handler plugin into account!
  • An LZ11 compression bug was fixed.
  • The Search Directory feature will now also search through .KUP files.
  • Added the new FNV1a hashing algorithm.
Plugins
  • Added an existing archive plugin for the SPC format.
  • Added a new archive plugin for the FBCF format.
  • The NCCH archive plugin can now add and delete files!
  • Improved VTX image plugin compatibility. (Bugfix)
  • Improved GAR archive plugin compatibility. (Luigi's Mansion support)
  • Improved CTXB image plugin compatibility. (More image formats supported)
  • Added a new archive plugin for the PFS0 format.
  • Added a new archive plugin for the X3 format.
  • Improved G1T image plugin compatibility. (More image formats supported)
  • Improved MSBT text plugin compatibility. (Now compatible with label-less files again, @Cuyler36)
  • Improved BMG text plugin compatibility. (More games supported. @Cuyler36)
Reporting bugs and Requesting Plugins/Features:
Please submit an issue to our issue tracker and heed the warnings provided in the issue template.

Keep in Mind:
These tools are aimed at users with a basic understanding of romhacking.
Games use different engines with different file formats, just because one game is working doesn't mean another is.
We only add support for new file formats as people bring them to us. We are not actively seeking out new formats. If you are waiting for your game to be supported without ever talking to us, you'll be waiting a long time.
If you have questions, please be as specific as possible. We can't read your mind.

Development Team:
@IcySon55 - Creator, UI programming, design and direction, plugin author.
@Neobeo - Code cleanup, enhancements, performance improvements, design, compression, encryption, image formats and plugin authoring.
@onepiecefreak - Plugin author extraordinaire. Also compression, encryption, and more~

Contributors:
@CakeLancelot - Plugin author.
@Ryuzaki_MrL - Plugin author.
@PeterPaladin - Plugin author.
@Uwabami - Plugin author.
@DarkSynopsis - Plugin author.
@Sn0wCrack - Plugin author.
@Cuyler36 - Plugin author.

Special Thanks:
@xdaniel - Scarlet
@Gericom - EveryFileExplorer

Let the craziness begin/continue!

Very sorry to necrobump but is this available for Linux?

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The tool should run on Linux, if you install the newest .NET Framework there.
We currently work on using .NET Core to make it easier for people to use it on other platforms though.

D

Deleted User

It's available for Wine. Only Kuriimu can run under Mono. Karameru and Kukkii both have win32 api calls that require Wine.

Sorry to bother you again but to unpack a .cia file do you need a special application thanks

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normally there is a plugin for that already in the release 1.0.14. Drag'n'drop the file into Karameru and it should open. I still don't recommend it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.