Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,839,175
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the latest JKSM version from 7/18 but for some reason not all my titles are showing up. I've refreshed the list multiple times too.
I know this gets annoying, but you are sure you've started them at least once right? I changed the filter to check Save + Extdata before pushing it back to the title list. If you have, may I ask what is missing?

Sooo I have Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma and Mother 3 and neither of those are showing in the save editor, I refreshed several times with no success...

Other titles like Ace Attorney Trilogy, Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 7 appear perfectly.

And yes, all are installed in the SD card and have progress made

Any idea what is causing this?
Mother 3 is GBA like someone above said. As for the others, I'll check them out. Gotta find my carts first.

Sakurika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ Yes. I recently started started Alliance Alive at least one and saved the game. But for some reason the save manager doesn’t notice it when I refresh my titles.

@ingoo Yeah, I can see about four titles. Crossword Plus, Layton’s Mystery Journey, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and The Great Ace Attorney. I have save data on all of the games I see.

EDIT: Uninstalling then reinstalling, then refreshing has helped solve my problem. Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited by Sakurika,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Uninstalling then reinstalling, then refreshing has helped solve my problem. Thanks for the assistance.
While I'm glad it worked, that's too much of a hassle to get them to show up.

Update for those interested: I've been working on getting a better, more advanced SD browser put back in. The earliest versions(pre-cia stuff you guys never saw) had a file browser built in. I wanted to add this back, but it kept getting put on the back burner. I also added a title blacklist that prevents titles from showing up in your list. Titles can be added to this blacklist from within the title list, so no manual text file editing unless you're removing something from it.

*hax is still being looked into. I don't want to give up on it, and I think I have some ideas if anyone is up for testing.

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can't use ordinary save editors for GBA VC titles like Mother 3. You'll need to to use GodMode9. See here (under 'Backup GBA VC Saves' and 'Restore GBA VC Saves') for instructions. Note that you'll need to have CFW; if you just use *hax you won't be able to extract/restore GBA VC saves.

As for why some of your titles aren't appearing, I'm not sure. Are you 100% sure that you've refreshed the list in JKSM after installing those games?
Thanks!

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... Considering the current version doesn't quite work with *hax, would it be all right if I uploaded the last-working JKSM.3dsx from this thread, i.e. July 2016? The one that used the 3DS native keyboard and was slightly newer than the Github version from June 2016?

I mean, I can understand if it's preferable to keep the number of versions floating around to a minimum.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Considering the current version doesn't quite work with *hax, would it be all right if I uploaded the last-working JKSM.3dsx from this thread, i.e. July 2016? The one that used the 3DS native keyboard and was slightly newer than the Github version from June 2016?

I mean, I can understand if it's preferable to keep the number of versions floating around to a minimum.
I have no issue with that. I pulled the trigger too soon, cause I assumed it would be a simple copy + paste job.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Games with unicode characters have issues. Dumping all skips the games and selecting the game causes the app to hang. This occurred with Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games with unicode characters have issues. Dumping all skips the games and selecting the game causes the app to hang. This occurred with Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate.
Is this on 3DS? I can force titles to Japanese on 3DS and can't duplicate it.
scr.png

Edit: I can't duplicate it on Switch either. If I force JP titles, it works fine for me and defaults to the title ID like it should. What version are you running?
2018081819071700-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Last edited by JK_,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It's on switch and I closed the game before running JKSV. Weird. Maybe it's game specific, which shouldn't be the case. Oh well, I'll try redownloading the nro since you released a new one, maybe it will somehow fix it. The strange thing with the game is that the text is corrupt. The first 2 characters are incorrect. It should have 無双 as first characters but it's a diffent symbol for the first and a weird rectangle with an X inside for the 2nd. This was used on an XCI to NSP copy.

Last edited by fvig2001,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's on switch and I closed the game before running JKSV. Weird. Maybe it's game specific, which shouldn't be the case. Oh well, I'll try redownloading the nro since you released a new one, maybe it will somehow fix it. The strange thing with the game is that the text is corrupt. The first 2 characters are incorrect. It should have 無双 as first characters but it's a diffent symbol for the first and a weird rectangle with an X inside for the 2nd. This was used on an XCI to NSP copy.
The characters being boxes is probably cause I only load the Korean system font. It's fixable. I'd drop an 08/18 build here, but I just got done porting the 3DS's new text-wrapping code from C++ to C for Switch and I haven't tested it thoroughly. Forcing JP titles has also brought some issues up I wasn't aware of.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fvig2001
This any better? I've loaded all system fonts and now it's drawing all chars as far as I can tell. Kind of had to tweak some stuff. Tell me if you have any weird issues.

Note: This is for Switch.

Attachments

• JKSV 08-18-2018.zip
    808.5 KB · Views: 164

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It seems to work now. The text displays correctly and it no longer hangs on entering the game's page. Backing up seems to work. Thanks

Paddymack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 140523Im sorry if my question sounds silly but i'm new to this software stuff. I installed custom firmware (seedminer/ bootstrap) to my 3ds and downloaded JK Save Manager .cia and opened it through FBI. I get this interface (image attatched) but I can't import/export saves etc. Under Titles I can see my game and my saved points i just cant seem to do anything with them. What have I done wrong or what am I not understanding?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is uploaded?
does this still works with pkhex?
Yes, it still works with PKHeX.

I also dropped a release on git two days ago if anyone didn't know. It's actually important too, cuz I fixed my really lazy text wrapping that was causing issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.