Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,839,447
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Spooky_Spooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I ve got a problem whenever i try to exp my data using JK.
N3DS 11.00.33E w Homebrew.
But as soon as i try to export my data it says it cant be done and it may does not support that title.
Where do i have to unzip JK (unzipped it in root but didnt touch anything else since im a ultra noob regarding all this stuff).

Please help me out guys :((

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ve got a problem whenever i try to exp my data using JK.
N3DS 11.00.33E w Homebrew.
But as soon as i try to export my data it says it cant be done and it may does not support that title.
Where do i have to unzip JK (unzipped it in root but didnt touch anything else since im a ultra noob regarding all this stuff).

Please help me out guys :((
It works the way you have it. you're just choosing the wrong option. Export the EXT data; not the save data. it'll ask you about what to export but all that does is name a subfolder under the game's name (facilitating keeping multiple backup for the same game at once)

It can be confusing but the EXT data IS the save data for MHGen and Fantasy Life

MistahMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then there's no way for you to install cias. Just use the file attached here for MHGen (merge the '3ds' folder inside with the one on your SD card)

if you're not using a digital copy of MHGen, use the 3ds folder in this release instead and export the EXT data from MHGen (there is no save data on the physical copy so that option wont work)

So I followed this https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-13#post-6534055

...and I was able to get to the homebrew menu yet I cannot see JK save manager on the list. I'm on 11.0.0-33U and I tried putting that 3ds folder within the '3ds' folder that's already in my SD card but every time I put it in, whenever I re-insert the SD card, the file just disappears.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed this https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-13#post-6534055

...and I was able to get to the homebrew menu yet I cannot see JK save manager on the list. I'm on 11.0.0-33U and I tried putting that 3ds folder within the '3ds' folder that's already in my SD card but every time I put it in, whenever I re-insert the SD card, the file just disappears.
move the contents of the redundant 3ds folder up. the folder inside the first 3ds folder should be JKSM with the 3dsx file inside

File architecture will look like this ("∟" means the above folder contains the item/folder to the right of the symbol. Ignore the stuff in parentesis as far as names):

SD card (root)
∟3ds (folder)
∟JKSM (folder)
∟JKSM.3dsx (file)

MistahMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
move the contents of the redundant 3ds folder up. the folder inside the first 3ds folder should be JKSM with the 3dsx file inside

File architecture will look like this ("∟" means the above folder contains the item/folder to the right of the symbol. Ignore the stuff in parentesis as far as names):

SD card (root)
∟3ds (folder)
∟JKSM (folder)
∟JKSM.3dsx (file)

I believe that's what I have and as soon as I remove the SD card to transfer it to my 3DS, I still can't see JKSM. I only see the original files that the homebrew starter kit gave me. Whenever I insert my SD card back to my PC, the JKSM folders/files are completely gone. The files just pretty much deletes themselves. Could this be a bad card? Although it's odd that the rest of the files I added at the same time didn't delete themselves...

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that's what I have and as soon as I remove the SD card to transfer it to my 3DS, I still can't see JKSM. I only see the original files that the homebrew starter kit gave me. Whenever I insert my SD card back to my PC, the JKSM folders/files are completely gone. The files just pretty much deletes themselves. Could this be a bad card? Although it's odd that the rest of the files I added at the same time didn't delete themselves...
the write protect tab is prolly pushed forward. Or you just aren't giving it time to write the files (windows settings sometimes require permission for files to be writen to external drives/CDs, too. check for that as well). If nothing else, right click the SD and chose "eject" when finished adding the files, then reconnect it to verify they're still there.

MistahMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the write protect tab is prolly pushed forward. Or you just aren't giving it time to write the files (windows settings sometimes require permission for files to be writen to external drives/CDs, too. check for that as well). If nothing else, right click the SD and chose "eject" when finished adding the files, then reconnect it to verify they're still there.

Okay for some odd reason, I tried putting the files on the root of the SD rather than the 3ds folder and I am now able to see and access the manager. Would it be safe to continue doing so? Anything I put in the folder just doesn't get saved, but it apparently works when I just put it on the root.

EDIT: A simple re-install of the starter kit fixed everything, unfortunately my issues aren't over.

So I'm supposed to go Extra Data Options>Export ExtData>New>Name the file>Transfer to PC>Load file from Save Editor?

There are no files for me to load with the editor I'm trying to use (MHGen). There are no files under JKSV ater exporting.

EDIT2: Got everything working :) Thanks a tons!

Last edited by MistahMoo,

Spooky_Spooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It works the way you have it. you're just choosing the wrong option. Export the EXT data; not the save data. it'll ask you about what to export but all that does is name a subfolder under the game's name (facilitating keeping multiple backup for the same game at once)

It can be confusing but the EXT data IS the save data for MHGen and Fantasy Life

This happenes whenever i try to click on it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 519

Kurasoryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Earlier today, i managed to backup and restore my save on mhgen, but now i'm encoutering an error, no matter what game i use, whenever i open jksm, it lists "Nintendo 3ds Camera : 3DSX Mode" as the program

PS: Using .3dsx version on new 3ds xl 11.0.0.33E

Reactions: Spooky_Spooky

Spooky_Spooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Earlier today, i managed to backup and restore my save on mhgen, but now i'm encoutering an error, no matter what game i use, whenever i open jksm, it lists "Nintendo 3ds Camera : 3DSX Mode" as the program

got the same problem actually

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try two things. First, remove everything from the homebrew portion of your SD card and re-add everything from the original zip/source files. Second, try powering the 3DS completely off and back on again (this fixes far more things than you'd expect)

Tier777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 11.0 n3ds with Oothax and latest homebrew launcher and I'm trying to backup my saves.
Most of my games worked but I need help with these three titles: Fallblox, Boxboy and Liberaton Maiden (all EUR)

They all crash to a yellow screen when I select them. Now I looked around and came across this database for 9.6 crypto titles: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls
But, the games predate the 9.6 firmware and are not part of the xml's (still crashing to yellow)

I also tried svdt and savedata_manager, but the problem remains.
Is this a bug with save managers in general or with the homebrew launcher?

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Try two things. First, remove everything from the homebrew portion of your SD card and re-add everything from the original zip/source files. Second, try powering the 3DS completely off and back on again (this fixes far more things than you'd expect)
This wont fix anything, The only information stored on the SD card is Title Information, Filter.txt (Used to exclude Homebrew Titles) and Exported Save files.
Honestly to everyone on 11.0, I dont think accessing the FS archive is possible to due Exploit Patches (FS archive is whats used to extract/open save files).
At the same time it could just be a bug with the .3DSX version, I never used it since I dont need to.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This wont fix anything, The only information stored on the SD card is Title Information, Filter.txt (Used to exclude Homebrew Titles) and Exported Save files.
Honestly to everyone on 11.0, I dont think accessing the FS archive is possible to due Exploit Patches (FS archive is whats used to extract/open save files).
At the same time it could just be a bug with the .3DSX version, I never used it since I dont need to.
actually, it is possible. On my 11.0 n3DS I have exorted saves from Fantasy Life, MHGen, and various other games like Pokemon that store their saves on the cartidge itself. The only things I cant do require kernel access. What likely happened is something got corrupted in the 3dsx file or its configurations, so deleting and re-adding the original WOULD help if that was the case. Just because this account is new doesn't mean I'm inexperienced.

So with the MHGSV, do I just merge that with my 3ds folder?

yes

Ki18

Trophies
XP
Country
So I initially managed to transfer my save to the US version of MHGens but it wouldn't for whatever reason let me online because it kept telling me to agree to the user agreement which I already had. So I've installed the EU CIA now but it's not transferring my save and I'm clueless as to what's going on. It just says that "There is no data to load".

Anyone else experienced this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4