Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,836,087
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Reidlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be able to decrypt it for you and send you the decrypted save.

Oh, thanks, Cool, is it something thats explained in a post somewhere? can you by chance explain Why it wont work with my setup and why you need to decrypt?

is there a way to make .sav files work with my setup:?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, thanks, Cool, is it something thats explained in a post somewhere? can you by chance explain Why it wont work with my setup and why you need to decrypt?

is there a way to make .sav files work with my setup:?
I really don't know anything about .sav files unless it's from flashcarts. I'm gonna try getting the save to work with my Gateway or Sky, and then export it to the actual save files, so you can import it with JKSV.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know anything about .sav files unless it's from flashcarts. I'm gonna try getting the save to work with my Gateway or Sky, and then export it to the actual save files, so you can import it with JKSV.
Can I send you my two legend of zelda .sav for sky3ds and can you import them for this manager? I dont want to start all over again. "/

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible that a homebrew launcher version of this will be made?
I'm trying to transfer a save to a friends DS but I don't want to downgrade the system just to install the .CIA.

Last edited by SMVB64,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that a homebrew launcher version of this will be made?
I'm trying to transfer a save to a friends DS but I don't want to downgrade the system just to install the .CIA.
I don't know if I've said this here or not, but the 3dsx version currently doesn't work. It always returns a bad lowpath error on trying to open any save archive.

Small update on what's going on. Everything has been switched over to UTF16. The only problem is that I keep getting extra characters in the name I get from the game's smdh. What is really confusing me though is that the file I keep the info in is identical to the title in every smdh I've had it dump to SD. I have no idea where the extras are coming from. Everything else in the path is fine, except that.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job!
I have two feature requests, though:
  1. Normalization of folder names (so that we don't end with "Super Smash Bros." as the final dot pisses off Windows, or "Pok{theta}emon"... replace each special character with a "-", maybe?)
  2. NAND savedata (apart from helping with research, you could be the first to provide an user-friendly Mii Plaza backup tool)! Apparently, this is done through a permission in the CIA (just like you need to attach twlsavetool.3dsx to a game that already supports DS cards)!
Thanks again and in advance!

NAND savedata would certainly be very useful. Actually, there's a more general problem: we can't save system titles, regardless of what type of save they are, because they aren't listed. There should be an option to show system titles.

(Mii Plaza seems to require being able to save at least three different things, including NAND extdata and NAND sysdata.)

Also, when I start it up, after the Loading Titles, the bottom screen says "Something went wrong". I don't know if this is related, but I have a blank line in my CIA list. It is actually a sysupdater CIA with ID CTR-N-UDTR.

Hector_of_Troy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried it with Fire Emblem Fates w/ translation patch and got a "Chapter0" file despite being farther in the game than that. When I restored it i could only choose new game. Is this game not supported?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with Fire Emblem Fates w/ translation patch and got a "Chapter0" file despite being farther in the game than that. When I restored it i could only choose new game. Is this game not supported?
FEF: Birthright and Conquest USA has been dumped :)

Presjar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Thanks for your efforts JK!

Is it possible to convert/use the exported save data from my bought carts to be able to use it with a Gateway and 3dz ROM (.sav) ?
I have made a copy of all my carts but would like to transfer over the saves so I do not have to start all over :)

I have exported the save from a Ocarian of Time cart and now have 4 .bin files (Save_0.bin, Save_1.bin, Save_2.bin, SaveCommon.bin)

Thanks in advance :)

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
finally something better than SDF, i was getting tired of lookin at 3dsdb.. LOL even now haha, finally got to find this !
thanks heaps mun <3

Edit: installed and i cant see many titles< top screen only few games names show up and when i scroll down i see empty dark e.e'.. (rebooted and it is fine now!)

Final Edit : very Very impressed with this tool, very useful and simple , more handy than SDF ,

what surprised me was, even though the title unique ID was different when i exported and imported it in the another game it still worked like HolyCow!

e.g Fe;Fates Birthright (exported its save) and then deleted the game and installed Fe:Fates SpecialEd. and (Imported the Fe:F Br. save) and it is Loading perfectly on my Fe:F SE. Woho!

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: Michierusama

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol