Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,842,762
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello :)
I have an odd problem with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. The game is installed and updated, I played it, saved it ingame and now I want to switch the saves, but the game is the only one not showing up in the SD/CIA List.
Any ideas?

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
So my aim is to transfer all my system data from my New3ds to my standard 3DS. When I select it through the homebrew launcher (via browserhax) the bottom screen just flashes different colours and stays on yellow, why is this? Also, it asks me to select a game before launching which confuses me as I'm trying to transfer my system data. Help would be appreciated >_<

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
So my aim is to transfer all my system data from my New3ds to my standard 3DS. When I select it through the homebrew launcher (via browserhax) the bottom screen just flashes different colours and stays on yellow, why is this? Also, it asks me to select a game before launching which confuses me as I'm trying to transfer my system data. Help would be appreciated >_<

What system data are you trying to move? You do know this is for save game data and not system data?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant the save data for all downloaded games (Nintendo Badge Arcade etc) + the actual games themselves if possible
I don't think you can retrieve the data from the Badge Arcade with this as it's tied to your NNID. And you can't dump the actual games with this, nor can you on stock 11.0. You'll have to find a way to get the games again.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 90% sure that you can't use this with Nintendo Badge Arcade as it doesn't have save game data, I might be wrong but the data is tied to your Nintendo account.

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you can retrieve the data from the Badge Arcade with this as it's tied to your NNID. And you can't dump the actual games with this, nor can you on stock 11.0.

Sorry guys, I've got it working now, must have been the games I tried it with initially. So with Nintendo Badge Arcade for example, I can export the ExtData, but not the save. I'm guessing I need to export both for all games I want to backup?

*EDIT* I confirmed on the phone to Nintendo that the Badge Arcade data will be lost if I transfer my NNID from my New 3ds to my old one. I really would like to save my data if possible as I've played it daily since release T_T

Ideally I'm looking for a program to clone as much of my SD card (ie downloaded games + data) as possible and then recreate that on my old 3DS - is there a more suitable tool?

*EDIT 2* A lot of games are just crashing/soft-locking the system - eg Pokemon Yellow, BoxBoy - if I select one of them when trying to launch JK, the screen just gets stuck on a solid colour (ie doesn't fully load)

Last edited by crimsonnight,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, I've got it working now, must have been the games I tried it with initially. So with Nintendo Badge Arcade for example, I can export the ExtData, but not the save. I'm guessing I need to export both for all games I want to backup?

Ideally I'm looking for a program to clone as much of my SD card (ie downloaded games + data) as possible and then recreate that on my old 3DS - is there a more suitable tool?
You'd want to backup both if the game had any extra data.

But I'm pretty sure what you're asking for is impossible because there's no way your old 3DS would recognize the folder that's in the Nintendo 3DS folder that corresponds to your N3DS without a system transfer, which is impossible to do. There's just no way.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
You'd want to backup both if the game had any extra data.

But I'm pretty sure what you're asking for is impossible because there's no way your old 3DS would recognize the folder that's in the Nintendo 3DS folder that corresponds to your N3DS without a system transfer, which is impossible to do. There's just no way.

Dammit, I was really excited to get the capture card installed in my old 3DS, but half my titles are downloaded so I'm screwed if I don't want to start from scratch on literally all of them T_T

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, I was really excited to get the capture card installed in my old 3DS, but half my titles are downloaded so I'm screwed if I don't want to start from scratch on literally all of them T_T
You can still extract the save and extra data from them. Try using this to fix the yellow screen issue: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls. Instructions are under "Using the XMLs."

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
You can still extract the save and extra data from them. Try using this to fix the yellow screen issue: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls. Instructions are under "Using the XMLs."

Thanks, I appreciate your help, I can open the manager for all the title's I have tried thus far, but the app just doesn't want to play ball with the majority of my games, displaying the 'error opening save archive' message :( Pullblox/Fallblox/Dillon's Rolling Western to name a few.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I appreciate your help, I can open the manager for all the title's I have tried thus far, but the app just doesn't want to play ball with the majority of my games, displaying the 'error opening save archive' message :( Pullblox/Fallblox/Dillon's Rolling Western to name a few.
Now that I can't help with. :( You're welcome, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper