Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,838,718
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about if you are in 11.0? Still the same?
Yes, 11.0 or higher introduced PASLR to certain games. The only reason we can do Pokémon ORAS is because the Pokémon Bank does not have PASLR. Though that may change in a future update. It's said that 11.2 is going to start introducing it on all future games, so backing up saves through just homebrew alone is going to stop working if you don't have custom firmware.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes, 11.0 or higher introduced PASLR to certain games. The only reason we can do Pokémon ORAS is because the Pokémon Bank does not have PASLR. Though that may change in a future update. It's said that 11.2 is going to start introducing it on all future games, so backing up saves through just homebrew alone is going to stop working if you don't have custom firmware.
But why is it that I can still edit ORAS saves as easily on my 11.0 "backup" unit without the need for PokeBank?
I just use the ol' save manager and it's done. Edit extracted and/or edit saved!
(if you're not convinced I'll record a video as proof :P )

Last edited by Princess Emily,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why is it that I can still edit ORAS saves on my 11.0 "backup" unit without the need for PokeBank?
I just use the ol' save manager and it's done. Edit extracted and/or edit saved!
(if you're not convinced I'll record a video as proof :P )
Sorry for the confusion, 11.0 introduced PASLR for games like Ocarina of Time 3D and Cubic Ninja. 11.1 introduced PASLR for Pokemon ORAS and Picross along with a lot of others. Going forward most if not all games with be PASLR.

KaguraAru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues with JKSM since I started using my new SD card. I have a digital copy of AS downloaded, but whenever I access the save manger and press "SD/CIA" I get the message pop-up saying that no titles were found.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues with JKSM since I started using my new SD card. I have a digital copy of AS downloaded, but whenever I access the save manger and press "SD/CIA" I get the message pop-up saying that no titles were found.
you need to refresh the title list.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Clarifying some misnformation here. PASLR was added in 10.4 (?) for the eshop only, and 11.0 was when it was first extended to other games. What games it's applied to depends on what version your 3DS is. Starting from 11.2, any game (or update for a game) compiled for 11.2 or higher will trigger PASLR. This check was only added in 11.2, so if your 3DS is on 11.1 or lower using ctr-httpwn and the region free launcher and HANS to play games, PASLR will not be triggered for >=11.2 compiled games.

blahax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clarifying some misnformation here. PASLR was added in 10.4 (?) for the eshop only, and 11.0 was when it was first extended to other games. What games it's applied to depends on what version your 3DS is. Starting from 11.2, any game (or update for a game) compiled for 11.2 or higher will trigger PASLR. This check was only added in 11.2, so if your 3DS is on 11.1 or lower using ctr-httpwn and the region free launcher and HANS to play games, PASLR will not be triggered for >=11.2 compiled games.

So anyone running 11.1 and homebrew will be able to JKSM Sun & Moon directly then?

hotdogturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm understanding this right then the issues that some people are having with Sun/Moon may depend on how they're running it, their 3DS model, and their firmware, but if you're running JKSM on CFW then it will work no matter what?

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey, i've been using titledb to install JKSM and i just realized i installed an older version, since the github still have the one from June.
I dont want to be rude or something, but could you please the github with the updated version?
Thank you very much either way!

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@JK_
Can you please send me the source code of the cia version, that you sent me (was based on branch cleanup, the savegames are sorted alphabetically there)?
I would like to have a version, in which the savegames are sorted by date. :)

Last edited by MSco,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson