Homebrew [release] HomeMenuHax

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Go into themes on home menu to delete old theme. I used cia of CHMM. Change it to a basic color

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did it work?
Well... As you said, YES, this method install ThemeHax fine (I just was making a bad thing, I feel so dumb!)... BUT, also you need to have payload named "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" on root of SD necessarily, in order to launch HBL, and this file only is achieved using "themehax_installer" and Internet, pitifully!

Edit: BTW, I tried putting on SD payload downloaded from Smealum's webpage and renaming it, but doesn't work!

Last edited by fmkid,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh right didn't no that. I obviously had it from before. I was messing with this just to see if we could inject the payload manually.

I bet this is console specific too menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin

I wonder what other payloads could be done using CHMM and being activated by the themes?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh right didn't no that. I obviously had it from before. I was messing with this just to see if we could inject the payload manually.
I thought this method install fully and ready ThemeHax exploit for the very first time... But, it seems not!

I bet this is console specific too menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin

I wonder what other payloads could be done using CHMM and being activated by the themes?
Yes, this file is also specific for each console version!...

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if yels8 does stop this from being used and we accidentally remove the themehax we could use somebody's else menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well if yels8 does stop this from being used and we accidentally remove the themehax we could use somebody's else menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin
In this case, maybe possible download and collect all possible *.bin payloads too... But, problem is that payloads differ from version to version of console, including two latest digits (i.e. 9.9.0-26 differs to 9.9.0-24, and payloads possibly too). ATM, best option is using "themehax_installer", and your method only in case of emergency (when someone deletes the exploit for some reason).

Edit: Looking directly on "ThemeHax_installer" Yellows8's code, I see that app download payloads from Smealum's webpage, but later it patches those payloads with some specific code to obtain finally our 'menu_whatever.bin' file. Then the 'menu_whatever.bin' file is not another thing that a patched-from-original payload file, specially adapted to launch HBL on ThemeHax.

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Columbo2811

Rustic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ehmegerd i love this. Finally no more WIFI hotspot required for us plebs who don't have Ironfall.

Installed using browserhax on N3DS XL 9.9.

Boot normally, nothing suspicious. Boot holding L = awesomeness :P

Reactions: SomeGamer

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
I found something happen to me after using homemenuhax. o3ds fw9.0 sysnand freezes when go to any game/app (like friend list) then go bank to home menu like that:
Vtx0CIV.jpg

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I found something happen to me after using homemenuhax. o3ds fw9.0 sysnand freezes when go to any game/app (like friend list) then go bank to home menu like that.
That you said is very odd!... For me, is working all stuffs fine! (O3DS, FW10.1U)... Have you installed ThemeHax v1.2 or v1.0? And, what region is your console?

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
That you said is very odd!... For me, is working all stuffs fine! (O3DS, FW10.1U)... Have you installed ThemeHax v1.2 or v1.0? And, what region is your console?
My 3ds is US region, fw 9.0.0-20U. I'm using inverted version from someone here. I don't know what version it is.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My 3ds is US region, fw 9.0.0-20U. I'm using inverted version from someone here. I don't know what version it is.
OK... First better use latest and official ThemeHax installer version (v1.2, ATM). Check that you have all needed and latest files on your SD and your internet connection is OK!... Try with that and see what happens!

Edit: Use files from Smealum starter kit pack!

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: tranxuanthang

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There might someone that already asked this but I asks anyway

So, to remove this exploit, I would pick any other theme (one of my paid theme should works right?)
So if I done with this themehax, I would switch this plain white theme to one of my kickass theme.

BUT, if I want to use the themehax again, should I just simply switch into the default theme, or I should go into the process of installing the hax?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
There might someone that already asked this but I asks anyway

So, to remove this exploit, I would pick any other theme (one of my paid theme should works right?)
So if I done with this themehax, I would switch this plain white theme to one of my kickass theme.

BUT, if I want to use the themehax again, should I just simply switch into the default theme, or I should go into the process of installing the hax?
Have a look at my post on page 16. If you've already installed it once with the installer you can reinstall with CHMM as you would with any theme.

Reactions: cearp

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Have a look at my post on page 16. If you've already installed it once with the installer you can reinstall with CHMM as you would with any theme.
Well, I've read that and.....I'm to dumb to understand that! Gotta need tutorial for that.

Also, as you said to use CHMM, I guess there's no known solution to use it on a paid theme.

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick observation.. i noticed that if you try to return to the homemenu from smashbros with themehax installed, it crashes the system. Changing theme / removing themehax fixes it. It's not really a problem, but i was wondering if anybody else can confirm it.

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Quick observation.. i noticed that if you try to return to the homemenu from smashbros with themehax installed, it crashes the system. Changing theme / removing themehax fixes it. It's not really a problem, but i was wondering if anybody else can confirm it.
SSB on Old 3DS I assume? That game takes more power.
YouTube is blocked at school, can you explain the process?
Basically, open any app and then push the power button until the "when in sleep mode you can blablabla..." screen, return to home menu WHILE push the L button to access the homebrew launcher, then Blargsnes will run fine

Reactions: Jwiz33

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: Jwiz33 and teampleb

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
9.2.0-20J with MSET 6.X downgraded

- Sliderhax doesn't work (always flashbacks)
- CIA Installer works
- Installation via Ninjhax works

Reactions: RustInPeace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)