Homebrew [release] HomeMenuHax

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well with Compatibility, any of the RetroArch emulators don't work with HomeMenuMax even with the BlargSNES trick. So for now, I'll have to stick with BrowserHax for right now :(

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried Genesis Plus GX and Snes9x Next and both crashed, but I haven't tried the others yet

Also, I'm on a o3DS with 10.1 with these tests

Weird, i'm in your same boat and Genesis plus actually boots and loads roms. I take it that you tried more than once.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried it once on both emulators and it gives me a 3ds crash screen and returns me to the home menu

I had the same happen to me with NXengine yesterday but today it boots as it should.

Try again. Ironhax crashed on boot for more than twice in a row and it still works. You just had bad luck.

Last edited by Osakasan,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I was wondering why do I see a picture of the latest game I played on my upper screen when launching ThemeHax (basically I see the latest thing I saw before pressing Home Menu) ? Is this intended or am I the only one experiencing this (n3DS on latest EU firmware) ?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, I was wondering why do I see a picture of the latest game I played on my upper screen when launching ThemeHax (basically I see the latest thing I saw before pressing Home Menu) ? Is this intended or am I the only one experiencing this (n3DS on latest EU firmware) ?
It's normal. The exploit is in the framebuffer, hence it fills the framebuffer with seemingly randomly colored pixels.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
nxengine works fine on new 3ds firmware 10.1.0-27J
JiIps3b.jpg

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can understand that framebuffer access has some thing to do with it, though I'm not talking about the glitchy screen I get each time I launch an homebrew.

Here's a video showing what I mean (sorry for the bad quality, my phone is dead and I only found an heavy-ass camera that made my arm go numb trying not to move too much :P) :

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, i'm in your same boat and Genesis plus actually boots and loads roms. I take it that you tried more than once.
Well, I tried it again and this time with the FCE, QuickNES and Gameboy Cores and it still crashes and kicks me back to the the Home Menu

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, I tried it again and this time with the FCE, QuickNES and Gameboy Cores and it still crashes and kicks me back to the the Home Menu
Did you previously use "ThemeHax_Installer" V1.2 or V1.0?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can understand that framebuffer access has some thing to do with it, though I'm not talking about the glitchy screen I get each time I launch an homebrew.

Here's a video showing what I mean (sorry for the bad quality, my phone is dead and I only found an heavy-ass camera that made my arm go numb trying not to move too much :P) :

I don't think that you said and show really was a big issue! But...

Razorbacktrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've a problem: I installed the "inverted" (@Steveice10) version (Default HBL,Hold L to load Standard Home) but I'd like to use the standard one.
I "uninstalled" homemenuhax selecting another theme and I installed the standard version,but my n3ds still boot HBL without holding L, giving me problems to boot CakesFW (I need to Hold L to start it,but this starts the configuration menu).

What can I do? Thanks a lot

EDIT: Fixed.... Standard version that I used was also an inverted one lol

Last edited by Razorbacktrack,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anybody know why HomeMenuHax doesn´t work on my 9.2.0-20U o3ds and it stays on colored screen and then it tells me that an error has occurred i installed it via ninjhax 1.1b because ninjhax 2.0 doesn´t work too

lolzvid

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having some problems with the Homebrew Launcher (1.1b) with this exploit - it says that there isn't any homebrew present on the SD card, meanwhile all of my .3dsx files appears normally with the Ninjhax exploit (I have an O3DS, 9.2.0-20U).

Thanks!

Last edited by lolzvid,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've a problem: I installed the "inverted" (@Steveice10) version (Default HBL,Hold L to load Standard Home) but I'd like to use the standard one.
I "uninstalled" homemenuhax selecting another theme and I installed the standard version,but my n3ds still boot HBL without holding L, giving me problems to boot CakesFW (I need to Hold L to start it,but this starts the configuration menu).

What can I do? Thanks a lot
Perharps if you manually delete files from themes cache on your SD could solve the problem. Look for this on your SD (into "/Nintendo 3DS/'numbers'/'more_numbers'/extdata/" path), depending of your console region: "/000002cc" (JAP), "/000002cd" (USA), "/000002ce" (EUR) and delete all files.

Does anybody know why HomeMenuHax doesn´t work on my 9.2.0-20U o3ds and it stays on colored screen and then it tells me that an error has occurred i installed it via ninjhax 1.1b because ninjhax 2.0 doesn´t work too
Seems that your ISSUE is not only with this exploit, but also directly related with all NH2.x based-on exploits for some strange reason!... While you don't find a way to solve this, I guess you cannot run those kind of exploits on your console ever!

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Razorbacktrack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43