Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On Windows it compiled fine and runs fine from menuhax 2.0 with RedHat's changes enabled. That's just my experience though.

Edit: Er..I think I just found an unrelated bug. One sec, trying to reproduce it.

Edit 2: @mashers, if you press the settings wrench icon, go back, and then touch the question mark (for the about screen), it seems to freeze the entire N3DS.

Edit 3: Nevermind, just hitting the question mark at all freezes my console.

Last edited by daxtsu,

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks buddy. I can work within the limitation as long as I know what it is. Could you or anyone define what is meant by RX memory? The only think I could find by googling it was Alzheimers medication, and I'm sure that's not what you meant ;) Also, I'm not sure what is meant by compiling as -Os. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
RX is just a shorthand for "read-executable". like RW is read-write. RWX would be read-write-executable. just permissions which can be set on given memory pages.
-Os is just an optimization level flag for gcc. unlike -O0/1/2/3 which optimize for speed, -Os optimizes for the smallest code size, possibly at the cost of time efficiency. you can read more about optimization levels here : https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html
by default ctrulib projects use -O2. you could switch the entire thing to -Os but as mentioned it might make everything slow. the best thing to do in this situation might be to find big pieces of code that aren't used super often and so would be good candidates to be shrunk at the cost of speed. you can opt to compile individual files at a given optimization level, which would let you do that. not sure if dkA has a standard way of doing that (i think maybe by changing the extension to .Os.c or something ?) but if not you can always just modify your makefile to do what you want.

Reactions: klear

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could someone please remind me how to update to the ctrulib great-refactor branch?

If you mean simply checking out and making the great refactor branch, you can use the command-line, if you're comfortable with it:

Code:
git clone -b great-refactor https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib

Then just compile it.

If you meant how to update your actual homebrew code for the great refactor, you'll have to spend some time checking out what functions have changed, and how to properly use them.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you mean simply checking out and making the great refactor branch, you can use the command-line, if you're comfortable with it:

Code:
git clone -b great-refactor https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib

Then just compile it.

If you meant how to update your actual homebrew code for the great refactor, you'll have to spend some time checking out what functions have changed, and how to properly use them.
Thanks mate. I've already migrated to the great-refactor branch, but I'm just having trouble setting it up under Linux and can't remember how I did it under MacOS. I'll give what you suggested a try.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks mate. I've already migrated to the great-refactor branch, but I'm just having trouble setting it up under Linux and can't remember how I did it under MacOS. I'll give what you suggested a try.

Should be able to just type make install after you compile it.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Should be able to just type make install after you compile it.
I tried that, but still kept getting errors that there were too many parameters sent to certain functions, so I think it was still using the old version. I've completely reinstalled devkitPro and am trying again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I've built and installed the great-refactor branch, but I'm still getting this error when I try to build gridlauncher:

Code:
filesystem.c:32:2: error: too many arguments to function 'FSUSER_OpenArchive'
FSUser_OpenArchive(NULL, &sdmcArchive);
^

There are similar errors relating to other FS functions, including incorrect number of arguments and incompatible argument types. I suspect, therefore, that it's not using the great-refactor branch :(

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried that, but still kept getting errors that there were too many parameters sent to certain functions, so I think it was still using the old version. I've completely reinstalled devkitPro and am trying again.

Ok I've built and installed the great-refactor branch, but I'm still getting this error when I try to build gridlauncher:

Code:
filesystem.c:32:2: error: too many arguments to function 'FSUSER_OpenArchive'
FSUser_OpenArchive(NULL, &sdmcArchive);
^

There are similar errors relating to other FS functions, including incorrect number of arguments and incompatible argument types. I suspect, therefore, that it's not using the great-refactor branch :(

It actually is. A lot of those functions have changed. If you like, I can make a pull request with the proper changes. I haven't tested the changes yet though. I will in a moment.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But I'm using great refactor on my Mac and it compiles just fine! Ok, I'll go through and change them manually until it compiles.

..Are you sure you're using great-refactor on your Mac then? I got the same errors on Windows that you did on Linux, and these errors match up with how the functions are supposed to be called, according to the refactor branch on Github.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
..Are you sure you're using great-refactor on your Mac then? I got the same errors on Windows that you did on Linux, and these errors match up with how the functions are supposed to be called, according to the refactor branch on Github.
Well I though I was... Apparently not though! Ok, I'm going to go through and make the necessary changes on Linux and try to get it to build. Maybe the problem all along is that I wasn't using great-refactor on my Mac either!

Reactions: daxtsu

merle alvers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've updated to the most recent beta, but now, whenever i try to launch anything, the homebrew freezes. I have no idea what is wrong bc I've installed everything correct, I'm on an O3DS

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mate! I'm having a problem installing the portlibs right now. I'm getting "Compiler error reporting is too harsh for ./configure". Any ideas what I can do about this?

Hi! I've updated to the most recent beta, but now, whenever i try to launch anything, the homebrew freezes. I have no idea what is wrong bc I've installed everything correct, I'm on an O3DS
Guys please use the version on the first post. Don't online update. I'm having trouble getting the version with @RedHat's merged changes to run when I build it myself. I'm working on this right now.

Reactions: merle alvers

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go back a page and read my post.

Updating using the online tool resulted in the launcher freezing on a red screen. Updated like that before just fine. The exploit loaded like usual but the grid launcher wouldn't appear. Manually updating by installing update 80 from the original post seems to have fixed my issue. I'm using menuhax and ironhax, sys ver 9.9 and hax ver 2.5 if that matters to you at all.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the good work! Personally, I'd prefer if it were in Simplified English and not Traditional, but I'll just never go into the colour menu! :P

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks mate! I'm having a problem installing the portlibs right now. I'm getting "Compiler error reporting is too harsh for ./configure". Any ideas what I can do about this?

Are you using the portlibs from https://github.com/xerpi/3ds_portlibs? Try running "make all" if you are. As far as I know, Xerpi has the most up to date portlibs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.