Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I am. I'll try downloading the archives manually as well.
Yes please if possible. Currently having a nightmare getting it to even compile.

Are you using the portlibs from https://github.com/xerpi/3ds_portlibs? Try running "make all" if you are. As far as I know, Xerpi has the most up to date portlibs.
Yep, I'm using his Makefile. Weirdly if I enter the zlib folder and configure it manually then it works. But if I run make all or make zlib using Xerpi's makefile I just get the error above :(

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
On Windows it compiled fine and runs fine from menuhax 2.0 with RedHat's changes enabled. That's just my experience though.

Edit: Er..I think I just found an unrelated bug. One sec, trying to reproduce it.

Edit 2: @mashers, if you press the settings wrench icon, go back, and then touch the question mark (for the about screen), it seems to freeze the entire N3DS.

Edit 3: Nevermind, just hitting the question mark at all freezes my console.

Can confirm, just hit that button accidentally :P

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep, I'm using his Makefile. Weirdly if I enter the zlib folder and configure it manually then it works. But if I run make all or make zlib using Xerpi's makefile I just get the error above :(

That's really weird. If you'd like, I can upload my compiled versions of the portlibs.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers I stopped the script from updating and manually uploading beta 80 to the server. tag me when you want me to enable it.
Thanks bud, please go ahead. I'm working on changes offline from the GitHub repo now just to try and get it working again.

That's really weird. If you'd like, I can upload my compiled versions of the portlibs.
Thanks, but I've just copied my built portlibs from my Mac to my Linux VM and it seems to be working now.

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks bud, please go ahead. I'm working on changes offline from the GitHub repo now just to try and get it working again.

Thanks, but I've just copied my built portlibs from my Mac to my Linux VM and it seems to be working now.

Fair enough. Are you all set up with great-refactor now? :P

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean the one uploaded to GitHub is working?

actually I'll keep the script off until you can fix the compile issue so this doesn't happen again.

another thing to add to the list I guess: a way to stop the server from updating + manually upload a working version...

Last edited by ihaveahax,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough. Are you all set up with great-refactor now? :P
Yes, I'm all done with the great refactor install now. What's more, I've also just successfully built gridlauncher under a linux VM and it runs fine on my 3DS :) Thanks for all your help mate!

do you mean the one uploaded to GitHub is working?

actually I'll keep the script off until you can fix the compile issue so this doesn't happen again.

another thing to add to the list I guess: a way to stop the server from updating + manually upload a working version...
Sorry, no that's not what I meant. The version on GH is currently not working. However, I'm about to push an update which I hope will fix it. Just need to get GH Desktop working under Linux.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, I'm all done with the great refactor install now. What's more, I've also just successfully built gridlauncher under a linux VM and it runs fine on my 3DS :) Thanks for all your help mate!

You're welcome. Feel free to discard my pull request then, if it's not necessary.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, no that's not what I meant. The version on GH is currently not working. However, I'm about to push an update which I hope will fix it. Just need to get GH Desktop working under Linux.
alright. you should definitely tag me or something in case this happens again because you don't want the server to cache a bad version.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're welcome. Feel free to discard my pull request then, if it's not necessary.
Thanks mate. One last question (sorry). It seems GitHub desktop isn't available for Linux... Do you know how I can push the changes up to GH? I haven't done any GH setup under Linux at all.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mate. One last question (sorry). It seems GitHub desktop isn't available for Linux... Do you know how I can push the changes up to GH? I haven't done any GH setup under Linux at all.
you could use git at the terminal. that's entirely how I did it for my project.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had any experience with github desktop, but if it's a program you could try running it with WINE.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Command-line:

Code:
git push --progress "upstream" master:master

That's assuming you have a remote set up named upstream (you could possibly try "origin" too). It also assumes you made a commit already.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Command-line:

Code:
git push --progress "upstream" master:master

That's assuming you have a remote set up named upstream (you could possibly try "origin" too). It also assumes you made a commit already.
The folder containing the source was downloaded from my existing repo. So will issuing that git command push to the same repo or will I need to specify this somehow myself?

Edit - just tried it. I get "Fatal: not a git repository"

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The folder containing the source was downloaded from my existing repo. So will issuing that git command push to the same repo or will I need to specify this somehow myself?

Edit - just tried it. I get "Fatal: not a git repository"

If you did a checkout of it, yeah, it should automatically push back to your original repo. if you just downloaded the source ZIP off Github it probably won't work.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you did a checkout of it, yeah, it should automatically push back to your original repo. if you just downloaded the source ZIP off Github it probably won't work.
Ahh ok, yeah I just downloaded the zip. Sorry to be a pain, but I just want to check the process here in case I fuck up the repo:
  1. Check out the repo (what would be the correct command here for me to make sure I check out the gridlauncher branch/fork?)
  2. Overwrite the source files with the changes I've just been making to migrate to great-refactor
  3. Use git push to push the changes
Is that right? Also, GitHub Desktop allows me to enter a comment for the commit. How can I do this using the command line?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mashers try uploading your existing changes to GitHub. if you have to, copy it to OS X and use GH desktop.

here's a quick run down of the commands that I think are all that's needed for now. if something is confusing, I might be able to help.

setting up git:
Code:
git config --global user.name "mashers"
git config --global user.email "email address"
you should use the email address used on GitHub. if you don't want to, take a look at "Keeping your email address private"

clone the repository:
Code:
cd /path/to/some/place
git clone https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu
cd 3ds_hb_menu

make your changes! then each time:
Code:
git add <individual files, or just . for all the ones that were edited>
git commit -m "commit message"
git push -u origin master

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1