Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, now I'm worried. Will github help with merging the changes I have made to the current version with the updated version smea is working on? Or will I have to do that manually?

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ugh, now I'm worried. Will github help with merging the changes I have made to the current version with the updated version smea is working on? Or will I have to do that manually?
Create a new branch and a pull request; this way smea will get notified and he can compare the code of the two version so that he can see if something is wrong. Once he approves it, everything gets merged

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
then there is also this "devs will be happy to hear that the next release should also give them more memory to play with ! hopefully 64MB more on n3ds, 16MB on old."
Sleep mode and power button works too
And don't forget possibility to take screenshots!

Reactions: Osakasan

Garcia98

Hey! Listen!
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country

Just cherry-pick using git the new commits, or use patch to apply them in your source. But you'll probably get merging errors.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help re. Github. Will be handy when this is eventually complete and stable enough to release the source.

I've just attached an update to the first post on this thread. This update brings the following features:
  • Uses the font Roboto using my custom font engine (to be released separately when fit for human consumption)
  • Improves the display of the SVDT thing, along with instructions to use the D-Pad to select the title for any users who were expecting the titles to be displayed in a grid
  • Passes the title selected to SVDT, so hopefully that's working how people are expecting now (I can't be sure since none of the people who have complained about it have yet explained what the problem is)

That's all for now. Probably won't be doing any work on this for a few days now. I've been completely obsessed with the font engine for the past three days to the detriment of all else, so I need a break from this. The next task will be to improve the efficiency of the font engine as there's currently a lot of calculations going on every single frame, and also to fill in those remaining pages where there is nothing on the top screen (e.g. the reboot confirmation page).

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Improves the display of the SVDT thing, along with instructions to use the D-Pad to select the title for any users who were expecting the titles to be displayed in a grid
I want to recode the title broswer to show titles as menu entries to convert hbl in a title launcher, just don't have the time for something that can be done by exiting to the home menu (well, I made a quick mod that instead of launching an app under the selected title launches the title, but it's not very convenient browsing trough all titles). Does your code change how menu entries are handled or just how they are drawn?

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to recode the title broswer to show titles as menu entries to convert hbl in a title launcher, just don't have the time for something that can be done by exiting to the home menu (well, I made a quick mod that instead of launching an app under the selected title launches the title, but it's not very convenient browsing trough all titles). Does your code change how menu entries are handled or just how they are drawn?
I haven't changed how they are handled once selected if that's what you mean. I have added some variables to the menu entry structs and the drawing code is very different. But making the title browser display as menu entries should be possible either way since they seem to have smdh data associated with them.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Roboto font is all cool and stuff, but I'll just have this image speak for me...

We all know what goes in the spots of the "?" :\

Edit: possibly have a font selector in the settings that upon changing requires a restart? I'm not sure what that cfg file has for kind of data but since cfg is ConFiGuration it might be the key here.

That said, I preferred the old font just as much. But if I would be allowed to choose one to be able to be selected instead of Roboto I would choose either Lato Light or Ubuntu Light

42597cc44a6d0736cf3923a2392d12f0.jpg

Last edited by Favna,
Reactions: fmkid

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Roboto font is all cool and stuff, but I'll just have this image speak for me...

Edit: possibly have a font selector in the settings that upon changing requires a restart? I'm not sure what that cfg file has for kind of data but since cfg is ConFiGuration it might be the key here.

That said, I preferred the old font just as much. But if I would be allowed to choose one to be able to be selected instead of Roboto I would choose either Lato Light or Ubuntu Light

IMO, Ubuntu Light would be better than Lato Light, as more people would be familiar with it (because Ubuntu :P).

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone that doesn't know, Roboto is the default Android font.
I found that out literally a second before I got the notification on GBATemp. Also, I think the é being a ? in the HB Launcher is because of character encoding and all that since I have noticed on Homebrew (at least with GameYob) that é is %82 (ASCII+IBM/OEM) instead of %E9 (ASCII+ANSI). Either that, or the data for é simply isn't in the font data.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

The font does not yet contain a complete character set. The accents and special characters will be added later.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm currenlty having two problems using latest update. The 12 hour clock is not working. It only stop showing the AM/PM but it keeps the 24 hour clock. Also only 3 folder are showing up on the Left side of the screen instead of the five I currently have with the .hbfolder extension. I've tried deleting the hbl.cfg but it does not fixed it. I'm loving the new font! Looks great!

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currenlty having two problems using latest update. The 12 hour clock is not working. It only stop showing the AM/PM but it keeps the 24 hour clock. Also only 3 folder are showing up on the Left side of the screen instead of the five I currently have with the .hbfolder extension. I've tried deleting the hbl.cfg but it does not fixed it. I'm loving the new font! Looks great!
Hmm that's really weird, both of those things are working fine for me. All of my folders show and the clock works fine. Can you give me some details of your device? Hardware model, FW version, exploit type and version, region etc.

Reactions: teampleb

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hmm that's really weird, both of those things are working fine for me. All of my folders show and the clock works fine. Can you give me some details of your device? Hardware model, FW version, exploit type and version, region etc.
Sure! I was afraid I was the only one having this problems since I haven't seen people reporting them :( I have a New 3ds 9.0U using homemenuhax but I tested with browserhax too and nothing changed. Here are some pictures:

OJDAfxP.jpg
Gj5x8ei.jpg
OPtj50I.jpg

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi: