Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Having two buttons to perform the same action on the same screen displeases me.
I personally would add an option to disable the folder button, using the bar is enough and I don't really like how it looks. But I could just make it for myself once the source is released.

ps: mashers, may I have a copy of the source? I want to look at the title list problem, so you can focus on other things meanwhile. Just to fix that problem until you are good for a release, if you don't mind of course.

Last edited by suloku,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I wan't to make this my default launcher but everytime I boot it it takes like 20 seconds to load. I've seen videos of other users and theirs load in like a second. I don't know what to do. I'm using a new 3ds on 9.0.

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wan't to make this my default launcher but everytime I boot it it takes like 20 seconds to load. I've seen videos of other users and theirs load in like a second. I don't know what to do. I'm using a new 3ds on 9.0.
How many Homebrew apps do you have?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
How many Homebrew apps do you have?
On my emulators folder I have 23 apps. thats the one that takes long to load. In the video I saw the user had the fist page full of apps but I don't know about the other pages. I still takes more than usuall on other folder with less apps.

Reactions: SLiV3R

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On my emulators folder I have 23 apps. thats the one that takes long to load. In the video I saw the user had the fist page full of apps but I don't know about the other pages. I still takes more than usuall on other folder with less apps.

Maybe you have a slow SD and your filesystem is very fragmented.

Reactions: JJTapia19

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Maybe you have a slow SD and your filesystem is very fragmented.
The micro Sd is a real class 10 scandisk ultra 32gb but I have many cia games installed so maybe is a fragmentation problem. Can you recommend a program to defragment my sd?

Last edited by JJTapia19,

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you backup the SD, pay attention to the amunand partition if you have it.

It's not handled like the file in the filesystem so you have to use a specific program to extract it and reinject back inthe formatted SD.

It's better if you make some experiment with a different SD before doing anything with your main SD.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If you backup the SD, pay attention to the amunand partition if you have it.

It's not handled like the file in the filesystem so you have to use a specific program to extract it and reinject back inthe formatted SD.

It's better if you make some experiment with a different SD before doing anything with your main SD.
Yeah I'll backup emunand too. I'll try with another sd card to make sure it's not the card I'm using first. If it is the HBL mod would it be possible to speed up the loading process?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tested with another sd and everything it's snappy. I'll try formating my main one. Thanks for the help everyone!

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking at the SVDT today. I've copied the 3dsx, smdh and xml files to my SD card and it opens up. Now what? It seems to run fine but I have no idea what it is, how to use it, and what's not actually working. The description in the readme says it's a save explorer and manager, and I get a browser window on the top screen which seems to let me browse through folders. So can somebody tell me what's actually not working?

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
when you boot svdt with official homebrew launcher, there will be a title selector to choose which 3dsware/cart you are aiming at .Normally you can choose the icons of targets with dpad left/right.If you try with an official ninjhax2.1 menu you will see the difference. That would request you to install ninjhax2.1.

Last edited by pdapanda,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
when you boot svdt with official homebrew launcher, there will be a title selector to choose which 3dsware/cart you are aiming at .Normally you can choose the icons of targets with dpad left/right.If you try with an official ninjhax2.1 menu you will see the difference. That would request you to install ninjhax2.1.
Oh I see, yes. When I run it from the default launcher I see a "System Settings" icon above the message saying that I have to select a target. I can scroll left and right to select one. If I select the title in the cart slot the 3DS crashes to a blue screen and I have to power off. If I select a title on the SD card, I get the same SVDT screen I did when I launched it from the grid launcher but without selecting a title:

IMG_2343.JPG

I select the same title I did in the HBL and press A, and get the following:

IMG_2345.JPG

My only option here, other than navigating through the folders and moving files around, is to quit. So again, what exactly is supposed to happen here that isn't already working? Apart from selecting the title in the HBL that is, which doesn't seem to do anything anyway unless I'm grossly misunderstanding what is actually happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, you planning on reusing the 580?