Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

farias0

Whatever
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think regionFour even supports DS carts, It doesn't support it in Smeas launcher so I'm not sure whether it can be implemented

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Turn off animated water in settings? Only way I can see to prevent it

Oh, too bad :(

Nutelleh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think regionFour even supports DS carts, It doesn't support it in Smeas launcher so I'm not sure whether it can be implemented

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Turn off animated water in settings? Only way I can see to prevent it
Is there any way to see your Friend List through the Launcher? (I installed it just now and cant find it anywhere because I use it often)

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just attached beta 21:

• The cart icon has now been moved to the first position on the title menu, and has the cart background
  • The title menu now detects cart removal/insertion. It will no longer crash if you select the cart icon when no cart is inserted, and will successfully boot whichever cart is inserted
  • System Transfer now shows the correct name in the title menu
Still to do from this batch of fixes:
  • Fix bug with moving to empty positions on the title menu
  • Filter non-bootable titles from the title menu
  • Wraparound scroll option
Notes on recent feedback:
  • The jumping of the water when buttons are pressed is intentional. background.c checks for d-pad key up events, and if they are detected it calls exciteWater() from water.c to cause this effect. I can easily remove it if people want
  • I won't be doing drag and drop sorting. It will be way too time consuming, sorry.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just attached beta 21:

• The cart icon has now been moved to the first position on the title menu, and has the cart background
  • The title menu now detects cart removal/insertion. It will no longer crash if you select the cart icon when no cart is inserted, and will successfully boot whichever cart is inserted
  • System Transfer now shows the correct name in the title menu
Still to do from this batch of fixes:
  • Fix bug with moving to empty positions on the title menu
  • Filter non-bootable titles from the title menu
  • Wraparound scroll option
Notes on recent feedback:
  • The jumping of the water when buttons are pressed is intentional. background.c checks for d-pad key up events, and if they are detected it calls exciteWater() from water.c to cause this effect. I can easily remove it if people want
  • I won't be doing drag and drop sorting. It will be way too time consuming, sorry.
Nice, thanks for you work!

EDIT: The netloader screen is buggy, when downloading a file from 3dslink, the downloading text is overlapping the initial text.

Last edited by Gocario,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is getting to the point where I download a beta, use it for a day then come back and there's a new one :rofl2:
But that's good! It shows your determination to this project! Can't wait to see what's to come!
Heh, and I've just done it again ;) Beta 22 adds optional wraparound scrolling (default is on, can be disabled in the settings). When enabled, both page scrolling arrows will be visible all the time as long as there is more than one page in the grid; scrolling before the first page will wrap to the last page, and scrolling after the last page will wrap to the first page.

Edit - there's a slight bug in that you can't wraparound scroll back to the first page using the d-pad if there are fewer than four icons in the row on the last page, because the selection indicator never gets to the far right column to allow wrapping. For now, please use the on-screen page buttons or L/R. I'll fix this at some point.

Edit 2 - there's another little bug with scrolling back from the first to the last page and then scrolling forward to the next page again if the last page is not full of icons. I think I know what's causing this and how to sort it so I'll look into it the next time I'm working on this.

Last edited by mashers,

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Heh, and I've just done it again ;) Beta 22 adds optional wraparound scrolling (default is on, can be disabled in the settings). When enabled, both page scrolling arrows will be visible all the time as long as there is more than one page in the grid; scrolling before the first page will wrap to the last page, and scrolling after the last page will wrap to the first page.

Edit - there's a slight bug in that you can't wraparound scroll back to the first page using the d-pad if there are fewer than four icons in the row on the last page, because the selection indicator never gets to the far right column to allow wrapping. For now, please use the on-screen page buttons or L/R. I'll fix this at some point.
Mashers, now GBAtemp's official daily beta releaser :P

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't think we've found a way to boot into the friends list, or anything on that top row (Notifications, Game notes etc.)

It's actually quite possible, but the functionality to bring up those applets in ctrulib is currently not entirely working right now. Hopefully in the future they'll fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii