Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
It looks like the latest beta crashes my system if i try to load a hans shortcut for star sapphire, but on 105 beta it works just fine. Idk if this is just me or not

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It looks like the latest beta crashes my system if i try to load a hans shortcut for star sapphire, but on 105 beta it works just fine. Idk if this is just me or not
Could you try this and let us know if it fixes your problem? Rename boot1.3dsx to boot.3dsx
Anyone having issues with HANS and XML shortcuts, please try with boot1.3dsx from this commit: 249db17 Everything should be working now. I'll wait to hear back from others before releasing another beta and closing this issue.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have now pushed this out as a beta update. Please update to beta 112 using the online updater:
  • Hopefully fixed HANS and XML shortcuts
  • Fixed cursor getting lost when leaving the top left corner button using the DPad controls in the folder menu
  • Fixed missing body text on reboot page

Reactions: JJTapia19

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
I have now pushed this out as a beta update. Please update to beta 112 using the online updater:
  • Hopefully fixed HANS and XML shortcuts
  • Fixed cursor getting lost when leaving the top left corner button using the DPad controls in the folder menu
  • Fixed missing body text on reboot page
That looks like it worked!

D

Deleted-236924

Do you think it'd be possible to make the GridLauncher logo optional? As in, freely changing between GridLauncher logo and the regular "the homebrew launcher" logo?
Because you've replaced "the homebrew launcher" with your new GridLauncher logo, but it looks strange with the way I have my launcher set up (I use a panel on top screen), and there isn't enough space for the GridLauncher logo, it just draws on top of the panel which doesn't look the best, IMO. The original "the homebrew launcher" logo looked a lot better if you ask me.

For those who aren't using panels on the top screen, it might not really be a problem, but for me it looks weird :P
That and it's not that I don't like the name, but I just prefer it to say "the homebrew launcher" when I'm on my homebrew launcher :P

Last edited by ,
Reactions: shoemaker

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it'd be possible to make the GridLauncher logo optional? As in, freely changing between GridLauncher logo and the regular "the homebrew launcher" logo?
Because you've replaced "the homebrew launcher" with your new GridLauncher logo, but it looks strange with the way I have my launcher set up (I use a panel on top screen), and there isn't enough space for the GridLauncher logo, it just draws on top of the panel which doesn't look the best, IMO. The original "the homebrew launcher" logo looked a lot better if you ask me.

For those who aren't using panels on the top screen, it might not really be a problem, but for me it looks weird :P
That and it's not that I don't like the name, but I just prefer it to say "the homebrew launcher" when I'm on my homebrew launcher :P
https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu/issues/36

I don't use themes but I liked "the homebrew launcher". but to each their own.

Last edited by ihaveahax,
D

Deleted-236924

I was gonna open an issue on GitHub, but mashers said it should be used for bug reports and such, because it's hard to keep track of on this thread, and this wasn't exactly a bug report :P

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I was gonna open an issue on GitHub, but mashers said it should be used for bug reports and such, because it's hard to keep track of on this thread, and this wasn't exactly a bug report :P

It's for features too.

Actually I didn't realise that was an attempt at humour, but then I usually can't detect it anyway ;)

Important note about bug reports and feature requests

It is just too difficult to track what needs to be done by reading this thread now. GitHub provides a really nice interface for logging bug reports and enhancement requests, so I respectfully request that all such requests are now made on the following page:

https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu/issues

If reports/requests are made here in the thread, there is a distinct possibility that I won't see them. It's also really hard to go back through the recent pages and double check I've done everything which has been requested. If you don't have a GitHub account and don't want to sign up for one just to make a quick suggestion, please PM me your request and I'll log it for you. However, if you have multiple requests please consider signing up to GitHub and logging them there for me as logging lots of requests will take time which would be better spent fixing the things you are reporting ;)

Thanks for understanding!

D

Deleted-236924

Heh, yeah, well as mashers said, it's difficult to keep track of things in this thread, so I went to look on first post and it said it was for reporting bugs such as crashes, lock-ups, etc. :P

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but you can get the latest official boot.3dsx from here.
https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu
Just click the boot.3dsx and then click on the raw button.
Ok... You ever have one of those moments where you smack yourself in the head and think 'well I'm an idiot'

Yeah, I just had such a moment. I forgot that I had to switch over to desktop view because I have been looking for that for quite a while now before I asked. Lol

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo