Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

  • Thread starter Thread starter mashers
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 679,295
  • Replies Replies 4,218
  • Likes Likes 139
When you change the start screen image through Menuhax Manager and you're using the Grid Launcher, sometimes the image shows on the bottom screen. I'd love to see a fix for that.
 
Hi, i have a question, i'm on 9.9-26 right now, and i can't acces the browser, so what happens if i update the system? will browserhax work? or what? please answer! :C
 
Hi, i have a question, i'm on 9.9-26 right now, and i can't acces the browser, so what happens if i update the system? will browserhax work? or what? please answer! :C
Posted in totally the wrong thread and no Browserhax does not work on 10.2
 
No, I would like them take less time for a faster boot up but it would be nice if we could set how much time it takes showing up.
There isn't any 'timing' on the splash screen. It is displayed as soon as the file is loaded into memory, and disappears as soon as the menu is ready. The additional delay is caused by the time it takes to load and draw the images.

When you change the start screen image through Menuhax Manager and you're using the Grid Launcher, sometimes the image shows on the bottom screen. I'd love to see a fix for that.
No idea, I can't even use homemenuhax. But looking at @RedHat's latest commit, the homemenuhax splash support is going to be removed anyway in favour of using PNG files.
 
There isn't any 'timing' on the splash screen. It is displayed as soon as the file is loaded into memory, and disappears as soon as the menu is ready. The additional delay is caused by the time it takes to load and draw the images.
Oh ok. It must be me then. I could swear it was taking longer to boot up since splash screens were implemented. My bad.
 
No idea, I can't even use homemenuhax. But looking at @RedHat's latest commit, the homemenuhax splash support is going to be removed anyway in favour of using PNG files.

Oh, in this case waiting is the best thing to do.

Btw I just wanted to thank you once again for the great work with this launcher. The way you listen to the community and use it to improve the launcher is something from which every dev can learn. Thank you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: klear and JJTapia19
Oh ok. It must be me then. I could swear it was taking longer to boot up since splash screens were implemented. My bad.
It probably is, due to the time taken to load and display the image.

Oh, in this case waiting is the best thing to do.

Btw I just wanted to thank you once again for the great work with this launcher. The way you listen to the community and use it to improve the launcher is something from which every dev can learn. Thank you!
Thanks buddy! I appreciate the feedback :)
 
Btw I just wanted to thank you once again for the great work with this launcher. The way you listen to the community and use it to improve the launcher is something from which every dev can learn. Thank you!
Yeah I believe this is one of the biggest homebrew projects to date! It's been great following @mashers improvements and watching this evolve to what it is now. The customization and the options are insane! I mostly spend more time at the launcher looking at the themes than using other homebrew :rofl:
 
Yeah I believe this is one of the biggest homebrew projects to date! It's been great following @mashers improvements and watching this evolve to what it is now. The customization and the options are insane! I mostly spend more time at the launcher looking at the themes than using other homebrew :rofl:

When I first saw that someone was making a grid launcher I got excited, now I could never have imagined how much it would evolve from that. It's just crazy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JJTapia19
Thanks guys! :wub: For me the real joy has been in seeing the response from this amazing community. The enthusiasm has been overwhelming!

I've just pushed beta 94 and this is now available in the online updater. This update merges changes by @RedHat:
  • Removed homemenuhax splash screen. Please use PNG splash screens from now on
  • Added default theme splash screen. If /gridlauncher/themes/Default/splashtop.png and splashbottom.png exist, these will be shown if the currently selected theme does not contain splash images of its own
  • Fixed memory leak in audio

Thanks as always to @RedHat for his contributions :)
 
Thanks guys! :wub: For me the real joy has been in seeing the response from this amazing community. The enthusiasm has been overwhelming!

I've just pushed beta 94 and this is now available in the online updater. This update merges changes by @RedHat:
  • Removed homemenuhax splash screen. Please use PNG splash screens from now on
  • Added default theme splash screen. If /gridlauncher/themes/Default/splashtop.png and splashbottom.png exist, these will be shown if the currently selected theme does not contain splash images of its own
  • Fixed memory leak in audio

Thanks as always to @RedHat for his contributions :)
Awesome! now the boot up is even faster! The homemenuhax splash screen used to show up for a second time before loading the splashscreen but now it go straight to the splashscreen. Thanks @mashers and @RedHat
 
They glitched a little for me too, but now both screens are really really glitched before the splash screen shows up.
Oh well, not a really big issue anyway
 

Site & Scene News