Homebrew [Release] Handy 3DS - Atari Lynx Emulator

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Sound fixed. It's not perfect but it's the best I can do and is not bad.

Let me complete some gui enhancements and your requestes and I'll be ready for a new release.

Yay! Looking forward to the release! If it is stable and the lower screen can be turned off I will play through the Lynx library for the first time in my life :)

(I never liked to play emulators with the psp)

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sound fixed. It's not perfect but it's the best I can do and is not bad.

Let me complete some gui enhancements and your requestes and I'll be ready for a new release.
Good news and I assume you have found freeze bug? If you have time, being able to press up on rom list to go straight to bottom, i.e. "Z", is always convenient.

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Good news and I assume you have found freeze bug? If you have time, being able to press up on rom list to go straight to bottom, i.e. "Z", is always convenient.

But there are not that many great games on the Lynx, right? I have put around 25 in my list. Perhaps I will have 50 at most. Compared to nes and snes it is few. I have around 150 great nes games and 100 snes games on my n3ds :)

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But there are not that many great games on the Lynx, right? I have put around 25 in my list. Perhaps I will have 50 at most. Compared to nes and snes it is few. I have around 150 great nes games and 100 snes games on my n3ds :)

Very true. I've got about 20 lynx games on my sd, compared to over 100 snes and a total of about 150 gb/gbc/gba... but maybe with the next release of Handy there'll be a few more that are worth putting on my card ;)

Last edited by duwen,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Version 0.3 alpha doesn't seem to be working as expected on my New 3DS via Ironhax. While the frame rate counter reports 60FPS, games are still running very fast (maybe still about 2* or so?) and I'm not getting any sound at all.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have to check the Limit Fps option. Maybe I messed up the config file reading when added the new options.

Not having a n3ds I can't test everything.

Please try to change le Limit Fps while playing ad let me know if something changes.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I can confirm that turning Limit FPS off makes the FPS counter display around 105-120 FPS in Chip's Challenge, but the speed of gameplay (and the sidebar timer) seem to be the same as at "60FPS". I also tried setting sound to off and on, no change there, it's silent on either. Lastly, I tried deleting my .cfg and starting from scratch, but that had no effect, either.

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Very nice release! I love how you have added a lot of options in the menu!
I will give feedback on a couple of things:

(Im on a N3DSXL. Ninjhax 2.1. FW 9.2.)

The freezing problem is a little bit better than before. But the emulator still freezes now and then..
There are no sound at all on the N3DS.
The menu is just FANTASTIC! It contains Everything I can ask for when it comes to emulation on the 3DS!

So, when the freezing and sound is fixed, this will definitely be among the best emulator for the 3DS! (BlargSNES, FCEUMM3DS and Gameyob 3DS are the others.) But your emulator wins with the menu options =)

Im looking forward to the next soundy and even more stable release! :)

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
v0.3 Alpha tested on N3DS with Ironhax. Sound worked on Rygar the first time, but failed after exiting to menu and restarting game.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tweaked the code to limit fps to 30 in order to simulate what happen on n3ds and the problem seems to be some conflict in the internal variables initialization.

A very subtle bug but I'll solve it. I found also a computation error in the sound timing and now quality is better.

I go to debug ...

Reactions: SLiV3R

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The v0.3 is again on the OP with little fix to sound, but wasn't able to fix the problems reported.

The cause of problem is not easy to figure out and there are other strange things happening. I suppose thi i s related to the freezes.

I'm going to take a pause for same days, then I'll back so search the problem.

By now O3ds users can't enjoy new sound quality. N3ds user should be able to play with sound and Limit FPS enabled as long as they start a rom with options preconfigured, but if they enter the menu the sound turns off if limit FPS is on.

I tested this tricking the limit to 30 FPS on a O3DS, plese let me know if it works this way also on a N3DS.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Sorry to be a bummer, but behavior seems identical to the previous 0.3 alpha build on my end. No sound and games running fast even with Limit FPS enabled.

Enjoy your sabbatical, and remember you're (presumably) doing this for fun; if it stops being fun don't feel obligated to work on it further.

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This last build crashed for me. The touch screen turns red while the top screen shows the Homebrew Launcher logo and nothing more happen... I'm the only?

Btw, thanks for your great work, nop90!

Edit: Nevermind, I think it was my fault.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Running the cia on my 9.9 o3ds emunand; only tried Gauntlet so far, but it's working! Sound is working - a long way from perfect, but a whole lot better than v0.2. Screen/controls rotation works perfectly.

Tried it on my n3dsxl via homebrew launcher; loads, but freezes entering config.

Many thanks for all your work on this - it is appreciated :bow:

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Enjoy your sabbatical, and remember you're (presumably) doing this for fun; if it stops being fun don't feel obligated to work on it further.

Yes I do this for fun and I like very much this project But I'm spending a lot of time on this. I need only some days of pause so I can return on this code with fresh mind to solve the last problems.

Consider I started working on the port of Poke Mini too. The port from Sdl to 3ds is finished but nothing is rendered. It's very frustrating and I'm getting tired. I need to read a good book before returning to my projects.

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yes I do this for fun and I like very much this project But I'm spending a lot of time on this. I need only some days of pause so I can return on this code with fresh mind to solve the last problems.

Consider I started working on the port of Poke Mini too. The port from Sdl to 3ds is finished but nothing is rendered. It's very frustrating and I'm getting tired. I need to read a good book before returning to my projects.

Take your time! We love you :)

Reactions: duwen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.