Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes, right now Plaitec guide is the safest way. But isn't GW process more simple to backup all the Emunand and inject it on an updated sysnand? If it's reliable?

Sc0tline

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I'm the only one with "An error has occurred" screen after a 9.2 downgrade with the TimeMachine? :huh:
unfortunately my only way to get my N3ds work again was to update it with the safe mode... (it was a 10.7E New3ds with NinjHax :()

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Can someone just let me know quick I have already asked but no answer. With GW4.0b do you still need your region Time Machine data pack on the route of your sd card before installing this, it mentions nothing in the new instructions thats why i am asking? Thanks

Don't use their TM, as you will be locked to their own files. Use the current a9lh guide and setup luma ,etc and use their payload to boot gw in a updated luma sysnand. Not tried 4.0b but the 3.7.1 works fine with the payload on boot.

Reactions: Reecey

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh, ive had no luck booting gateway with the a9lh.bin. Black screens for me and others but alot seem to boot up fine. Idk what my 3ds's problem is xD
I think that's probably the usual GW launcher boot problems.

The possible issues for his problem, from all the countless posts I've read are.
1. Didn't remove emuNAND//redNAND properly with EmuNAND9's "Format SD (No EmuNAND)"
2. Using a no-screen init fork of A9LH without a proper Bootmanager that has its on screen-init patches, like BootCTR, and some forks of CtrBootManager9.
3. Gateway3DS probably doesn't like you and you should sell the card. /s

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use their TM, as you will be locked to their own files. Use the current a9lh guide and setup luma ,etc and use their payload to boot gw in a updated luma sysnand. Not tried 4.0b but the 3.7.1 works fine with the payload on boot.
Thanks. Its all a bit confusing to me the A9LH bits I was just going to go with the GW method I don't mind I use my GW card all the time anyway I just needed to know that the time machine region pack was necessary on the route of your sd card before installing and I preusme it is? thanks for the tips :)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hey guys.
Can I use the GW downgrader and after that use Luma3DS or something? Because the red cart is now a useless DRM is some way. I just want to have a simple process to downgrade and bring back my EMunand in Updated A9LH updated sysnand.

No, use the current guide to install a9lh and use GW payload. Otherwise you are locked into their DRM. I have the option of luma a9lh and it's benefits plus gw cart loading if I wish.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Thanks. Its all a bit confusing to me the A9LH bits I was just going to go with the GW method I don't mind I use my GW card all the time anyway I just needed to know that the time machine region pack was necessary on the route of your sd card before installing and I preusme it is? thanks for the tips :)

I presume you you do. Your fine using their downgrader, etc, just that you cannot chainload other payloads like you can the other way around from what I have heard so far.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The possible issues for his problem, from all the countless posts I've read are.
1. Didn't remove emuNAND//redNAND properly with EmuNAND9's "Format SD (No EmuNAND)"
2. Using a no-screen init fork of A9LH without a proper Bootmanager that has its on screen-init patches, like BootCTR, and some forks of CtrBootManager9.
3. Gateway3DS probably doesn't like you and you should sell the card. /s
But i like my 9.2 emunand :(
And doesnt delebiles fork have screen-init or am i lying to myself? XD

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, keep in mind, that if anything goes wrong, it's on you. Gateway has pretty much made it clear that it's a pubic "private" beta.

Direct quote from their Public Private Beta Program page:
DISCLAIMER: Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND. Users should have a valid/known good copy of their NAND before proceeding! Use at your own risk!

Reactions: Reecey

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, use the current guide to install a9lh and use GW payload. Otherwise you are locked into their DRM. I have the option of luma a9lh and it's benefits plus gw cart loading if I wish.

this is the way I have mine setup as well. fyi, the gateway payload doesn't allow chain-loading, so that's one reason not to use it by default. also, there's a possibility of bricking if u update while in gateway's a9lh, just update through luma instead by setting that as the default cfw. :)

Reactions: retrofan_k

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, keep in mind, that if anything goes wrong, it's on you. Gateway has pretty much made it clear that it's a pubic "private" beta.

Direct quote from their Public Private Beta Program page:
DISCLAIMER: Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND. Users should have a valid/known good copy of their NAND before proceeding! Use at your own risk!
You think I should wait for an actual release? I don't have any hardmod either.

Have you gone through with it yet?

Last edited by Reecey,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, right now Plaitec guide is the safest way. But isn't GW process more simple to backup all the Emunand and inject it on an updated sysnand? If it's reliable?
Thanks. So I'll use Plaitec guide, let's hope I'll understand everything! :)
Plailect's guide is slower but that's because there's multiple parts along the way that make sure nothing messed up. it's much safer than if you used Gateway's tools.

Reactions: Fatalanus

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must of answered but nothing there?

Edit: I will take it either you don't know or your just being a cock by ignoring me, why I dont know? I asked you because you seem to know about the setup.
tbh i didnt quote you? I thought i typed out that it is needed to downgrade with gw? My internet is shitty so it may have not loaded before i closed my browser :/ No need to call people names dude xD

Reactions: Quantumcat

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So I'll have to deal with it and jump the gap. Plailect's guide can inject the Emunand into the new A9HL updated sysnand?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I would install the normal a9lh with luma as the default cfw, then boot into gateway with a button. that way u can save urself from a brick if one happens.
I think I might wait for an actual proper release by GW I didn't see the notice bit about use at your own risk.

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I presume you you do. Your fine using their downgrader, etc, just that you cannot chainload other payloads like you can the other way around from what I have heard so far.

So you can downgrade to 2.1 using their own tool and then go on with Plailect? Anyway, I think I'll just wait for a more stable version of the TM.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might wait for an actual proper release by GW I didn't see the notice bit about use at your own risk.
tbh you might be waiting a while longer. Plailects guide will probably be better than this can be for a while. Yes you do everything yourself. But atleast if your smart you wont skip the saftey steps like gateway is doing rn.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it's difficult to know if one will actually be released. 3.7 is still called a beta for some reason. they may not have enough beta testers to test their cfw properly, hence the reason for the open beta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3