Status
Not open for further replies.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Huh... I am sorry to say that because this app is really convenient, but... I find it unacceptable that this app opens an unsecured WiFi network on my phone.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... I am sorry to say that because this app is really convenient, but... I find it unacceptable that this app opens an unsecured WiFi network on my phone.

You don't have to use it then. It's awesome to be able to take it with us in a completely portable fashion. It allows one to load GW without having to downgrade our consoles. The entire process takes about 3 seconds. If you are freaked out about 3 seconds, they have meds for that.

Reactions: Shadowtrance

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have to use it then. It's awesome to be able to take it with us in a completely portable fashion. It allows one to load GW without having to downgrade our consoles. The entire process takes about 3 seconds. If you are freaked out about 3 seconds, they have meds for that.
I usually want to keep my 3DS connected to the Internet to play online, transfer files through FTP or whatever, and my phone is my only network access.

Partynauseated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for someone to make an iOS version of this? It would probably only be available to jailbroken devices.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was coding it.. but... since someone report my android app as "illegal" I decide not to do it :)

You didn't knew there are idiots in the world before that happened? Are you new to the internet? You expected to develop something related to the "scene" and not to be reported by someone? Are you 12?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

you can go into your tethering setup and put in a password for your network then, surely.
Or did that change in one of the versions a day or so before it was removed from the play store?

Ivan Garcia

Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country
You didn't knew there are idiots in the world before that happened? Are you new to the internet? You expected to develop something related to the "scene" and not to be reported by someone? Are you 12?

Maybe you don't know that to deveop an iOS app you need to pay 100$ and for each app uploaded to AppStore 5$...
With the banner on the android app I can pay this things... also... I'm not going to work for something that ppl doesn't want to be public... and maybe will report too... (After spent 105$ on it)

And it was not reported to be related to scene... it was reported by ppl that don't want it in GooglePlay... (Said by google team: "This app doesn't violate any of our terms. It was deleted because users had reported it with different messages.")

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to pay 100$ to make a dev account and then to put it on the appstore, releasing it trough Cydia is free.
But I don't really care about it, I have an android phone, and the point wasn't to tell you that you have to develope it.
I know that there is nothing wrong with the app itself, what i told you is that if you develope something related to the "scene" you will get the attention from a bunch of idiots, its just inevitable, and they will eventually report you/ mess with you in any way a kid could do. Some of them may even think that there is something illegal within the app itself since they don't know shit.
This usually happen also with everything else you can create when you post on the internet(art,music,app,etc.), someone will come and try to troll you for whatever reason.
I was just really surprised that you get so offended by something so common, you sound bitter.
This is not logic. For every troll out there I guess at least 100 people enjoyed you effort and were thankfull. You can't please everybody. If you are mad at everyone trolls won.
Have a nice day.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe you don't know that to deveop an iOS app you need to pay 100$ and for each app uploaded to AppStore 5$...
With the banner on the android app I can pay this things... also... I'm not going to work for something that ppl doesn't want to be public... and maybe will report too... (After spent 105$ on it)

And it was not reported to be related to scene... it was reported by ppl that don't want it in GooglePlay... (Said by google team: "This app doesn't violate any of our terms. It was deleted because users had reported it with different messages.")

Write them back and say as long as it doesn't violate terms then the only people reporting it are clearly 'trolls'... I'm pretty sure the google teams all know what trolls are, and I find it sad that they would remove it based on reports and not actually checking the app itself.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can go into your tethering setup and put in a password for your network then, surely.
Or did that change in one of the versions a day or so before it was removed from the play store?

The app automatically starts up an unsecured "attwifi" hotspot, even if you did configure the WiFi connection sharing beforehand. This can be convenient as the 3DS would automatically connect to any unsecured attwifi hotspot, but as I want to be able to keep access to Internet to play online or whatever, this is truly unacceptable. But (and I'm not flaming here, so no offense), Go! Gateway does EXACTLY what I want, so this is not that much of a problem. People who don't usually connect their 3DS to their phone might use this app, and people who want to keep the 3DS connected to the Internet through their phone after launching the exploit might use Go! Gateway I guess...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The app automatically starts up an unsecured "attwifi" hotspot, even if you did configure the WiFi connection sharing beforehand. This can be convenient as the 3DS would automatically connect to any unsecured attwifi hotspot, but as I want to be able to keep access to Internet to play online or whatever, this is truly unacceptable. But (and I'm not flaming here, so no offense), Go! Gateway does EXACTLY what I want, so this is not that much of a problem. People who don't usually connect their 3DS to their phone might use this app, and people who want to keep the 3DS connected to the Internet through their phone after launching the exploit might use Go! Gateway I guess...

ah i see.
I tried using the attwifi ssid manually and it never worked in the first version though.:(

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

funny it only takes about 3 seconds to downgrade your console.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
funny it only takes about 3 seconds to downgrade your console.

Heh... I don't want to downgrade my console, I have plenty of retail >6.x games and I want to be able to use them... So yeah, being able to launch the browser exploit anywhere is really useful. And besides, I find it quicker to launch the web exploit than to launch the DS profile exploit.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh... I don't want to downgrade my console, I have plenty of retail >6.x games and I want to be able to use them... So yeah, being able to launch the browser exploit anywhere is really useful. And besides, I find it quicker to launch the web exploit than to launch the DS profile exploit.

just update emunand, then you don't have to worry about this?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why v2.0.0 in the play store makes a SECURED Attwifi network that the 3DS does NOT auto-connect to? This is the "spider icon" version of the app. The previous version of the app properly created an unsecured wifi hotspot.

Any ideas?

squonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Me also noted that the new version of this app that is returned in Play Store delete the Hot Spot configuration previous setted and rename it with "attwifi" without password.
This can be changed? I would continue to use my previous setting...

I add some questions.
In the OP I read that the app work with the phone completly offline (no 3g connection, no wifi), but every time I try to make the exploit when I'm offline, it doesn't work.
Only if I turn on the 3g connection, it works...
Where is my fault?

Second question.
I don't know how works the QR code: when I try to make a photo to it, nothing happens. I must use a specific app on 3DS?

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Me also noted that the new version of this app that is returned in Play Store delete the Hot Spot configuration previous setted and rename it with "attwifi" without password.
This can be changed? I would continue to use my previous setting...

I add some questions.
In the OP I read that the app work with the phone completly offline (no 3g connection, no wifi), but every time I try to make the exploit when I'm offline, it doesn't work.
Only if I turn on the 3g connection, it works...
Where is my fault?

Second question.
I don't know how works the QR code: when I try to make a photo to it, nothing happens. I must use a specific app on 3DS?

To scan a QR code, you have to press L+R in the home menu, and click on the QR code icon at the bottom-left of the screen. Then it ill automatically detect the QR code and ask if you want to launch the browser. And it seems that you are in the same case as me for the WiFi. If you want to keep your previously set WiFi sharing, you shall use Go! Gateway. And you don't need to turn the mobile data off; the app blocks the Nintendo update server.

Reactions: squonk

squonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To scan a QR code, you have to press L+R in the home menu, and click on the QR code icon at the bottom-left of the screen. Then it ill automatically detect the QR code and ask if you want to launch the browser. And it seems that you are in the same case as me for the WiFi. If you want to keep your previously set WiFi sharing, you shall use Go! Gateway. And you don't need to turn the mobile data off; the app blocks the Nintendo update server.

Thanks for the answer!
You wrote: "you don't need to turn the mobile data off", but in the OP i read this:

Make sure MOBILE DATA IS OFF, so 3G, 4G etc OFF
And also make sure normal WIFI is OFF

So I ask: it works or not when you are offline? In my tests it doesn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto