tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel, sweet! BGM playback is working perfectly for me. I'm using the old OGG files I made of the infamous eShop remix and they load and sound perfect (no crashing or anything). I've yet to try BTCSM or AAC files, but hey so long as the files I already made work, I am good!

Also, just a thought about unstable releases and whatnot. I know for now this is just one unstable release, but perhaps for future feature testing, instead of releasing a separate app or string version, would a toggle in the settings work? For example, in the "Other" tab, a checkbox for "Use unstable builds" that would fetch the latest build from the unstable URL as opposed to the stable one, install it and boom. Then if you wanted to revert back, you could uncheck it, reinstall the stable version and be good as gold. Well, and another thought: since so many people have issues with files getting messed up or things being out of place, perhaps a "clean re-install" button could be implemented that purges the "/3DS/data/freeshop" directory and reinstalls the CIA. These are just thoughts though, so do with them what you will. As always, it is awesome to see more work on this. Can't wait to see what else is coming soon!

Reactions: Tesslaa

SamuelG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to have the same problem. It stopped working with my home wifi but worked when tethered to my phone or on friends/family wifi. It started working again on its own. What version of freeshop did you install?

2.1.4 ver FUCK NINTENDO EDITION
Yeah, it works with my phone but I don't wanna burn through my data

Could you fix that? Or you just went to your friend's?

Oh, just read. I'll guess it may work out itself because I'm sometimes able to connect. Hopefully it solves itself on the next update but it would be nice to have a solution rn :/

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.1.4 ver FUCK NINTENDO EDITION
Yeah, it works with my phone but I don't wanna burn through my data

Could you fix that? Or you just went to your friend's?

Oh, just read. I'll guess it may work out itself because I'm sometimes able to connect. Hopefully it solves itself on the next update but it would be nice to have a solution rn :/
You can try deleting the freeshop folder from your sd card and rerun freeshop.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, just a thought about unstable releases and whatnot. I know for now this is just one unstable release, but perhaps for future feature testing, instead of releasing a separate app or string version, would a toggle in the settings work? For example, in the "Other" tab, a checkbox for "Use unstable builds" that would fetch the latest build from the unstable URL as opposed to the stable one, install it and boom. Then if you wanted to revert back, you could uncheck it, reinstall the stable version and be good as gold. Well, and another thought: since so many people have issues with files getting messed up or things being out of place, perhaps a "clean re-install" button could be implemented that purges the "/3DS/data/freeshop" directory and reinstalls the CIA. These are just thoughts though, so do with them what you will. As always, it is awesome to see more work on this. Can't wait to see what else is coming soon!
Interesting ideas. For now I think I'm just going to add crash detection. If freeShop exits without saving configuration, it can be assumed that it did not cleanly exit. So I can bring up a message like "freeShop crashed. If this continues, you should delete you freeShop settings. Would you like to do this now?" And so if it keep crashing after game loading, it can be fixed easier.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my freeshop basically worked just fine before but it just randomly decided not to work with my WiFi it's keeping on retrying with a counter up to 50
When you have a bad connection, you'll want to go to download settings and raise HTTP Timeout value to max. And try dropping buffer size to like 32KB. Then restart freeShop and try downloading again.

Blahtacularr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm wondering on how to remove freeshop and uninstall it completely? I've been looking all over the thread but I couldn't find an answer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I already uninstalled the .cia in fbi I still see some freeshop files
Are those "freeShop files" you see on the SD card? If so :
Just have to delete /3ds/data/freeShop/

Or do you mean you want to uninstall games that were installed with freeShop? If so use FBI or System Settings -> Data Management ->3DS software

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is having an NNID linked to the 3DS required to use this? To prevent any backlash from Nintendo, is it safer to remove your NNID?

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I know if works fine, I'm just concerned that Nintendo is going to finally engineer a way to fight back and track individuals down - they've been rather active lately. I heard that freeShop only pings your IP though, so I assume tracking the NNID wouldn't be possible for Nintendo (at least for now)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke