Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an O3ds so does that mean I can't? Oh, I found the files I need on that iso site - is it better to do it that way or just install the cia and then use the qr code? Will that way automatically create all the necessary folders etc?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3ds so does that mean I can't? Oh, I found the files I need on that iso site - is it better to do it that way or just install the cia and then use the qr code? Will that way automatically create all the necessary folders etc?
snes virtual console wont work since those games are n3ds, and cannot physically boot on o3ds. If you want snes emulation on your home screen, try this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-oldsnes-snes-vc-for-old-3ds-users.430190/

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

UncleHeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have an answer to the problem I have?

I reinstalled Freeshop, but when I start it, all that comes up on both screens are the words "homebrew" on a black background.

Any help would be nice.

idiotsbhindme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, a quick question. Should I be uninstalling games through FBI to remove the ticket as well, or should I be uninstalling using Freeshop? And if I do the former, will it also erase my save files? (I want a clean removal).

An use case example would be the following: I accidentally downloaded a demo through freeshop, and want to remove it. I do not want to ever redownload it in the future. Therefore I want to also remove the ticket. If I remove via freeshop, it informs me that the save file will also be deleted. If I remove via FBI, it allows me to also remove the ticket. What I want to know is if I remove via FBI, does it also remove the save file, or if I remove via freeshop, will it also remove the ticket.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also have an additional question. In freeshop, I see available DLC for the miiverse and also the theme shop. Should I be downloading those, and will they cause issues? (eg. Theme shop has so many themes, are they all considered DLC)?

Last edited by idiotsbhindme,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, a quick question. Should I be uninstalling games through FBI to remove the ticket as well, or should I be uninstalling using Freeshop? And if I do the former, will it also erase my save files? (I want a clean removal).

An use case example would be the following: I accidentally downloaded a demo through freeshop, and want to remove it. I do not want to ever redownload it in the future. Therefore I want to also remove the ticket. If I remove via freeshop, it informs me that the save file will also be deleted. If I remove via FBI, it allows me to also remove the ticket. What I want to know is if I remove via FBI, does it also remove the save file, or if I remove via freeshop, will it also remove the ticket.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also have an additional question. In freeshop, I see available DLC for the miiverse and also the theme shop. Should I be downloading those, and will they cause issues? (eg. Theme shop has so many themes, are they all considered DLC)?
The ticket just means you can download it from the eshop again for free of it's installed, so do whatever. There are absolutely 100 percent no downsides to having an extra ticket installed, so do what you want. I use system settings. Every form of deleting will delete the save file so back that up. Also there's no such thing as a cia being designated dlc or not. Themes are themes and Dlc is dlc and nothing is unique to either.

idiotsbhindme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ticket just means you can download it from the eshop again for free of it's installed, so do whatever. There are absolutely 100 percent no downsides to having an extra ticket installed, so do what you want. I use system settings. Every form of deleting will delete the save file so back that up. Also there's no such thing as a cia being designated dlc or not. Themes are themes and Dlc is dlc and nothing is unique to either.

Thank you for your clarification on my first question. However, I think you have misunderstood my second question. Under freeshop, the system apps "StreetPass Mii Plaza" and "Home Menu Themes" show up, and they both show DLC available to download. Is it safe to download those via freeshop, and is there anywhere I can check what they include to see if they're even necessary?

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have an answer to the problem I have?

I reinstalled Freeshop, but when I start it, all that comes up on both screens are the words "homebrew" on a black background.

Any help would be nice.
1) Uninstall it.
2) Delete the freeshop folder from 3ds/data.
3) Re-install.

The "homebrew" message you see is the new splash screen.
It does take a while to start up, downloading and extracting the latest cache.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for your clarification on my first question. However, I think you have misunderstood my second question. Under freeshop, the system apps "StreetPass Mii Plaza" and "Home Menu Themes" show up, and they both show DLC available to download. Is it safe to download those via freeshop, and is there anywhere I can check what they include to see if they're even necessary?
It's safe but not necessary unless you want them.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVER download Home Menu Themes DLC in freeShop. That's just asking for pain. Unless you like that kind of thing... Just download the ticket.

Mii Plaza DLC is the games in Mii Plaza. Downloading that in freeShop is fine.

rodents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current issue is that I can't get anything to actually download anymore. I just get 'retrying'. On both the 2.1.3 and the new F Nin version 2.1.4.. Am I doing something wrong?

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
when you download game but appears black screen its problem with my firmware (my classmate says its perhaps for anti piracy part of nintendo) my fbi its updated my freeshop (duh) updated too and my 3ds version its 11.(dont remenber) ¿my 3ds needs upgrade or downgrade?

trixiesama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Home Menu Themes "DLC" will install all themes. However when you do this, the next time you access the HMT you'll receive a message that you have too many themes and it will ask you to choose the ones you want to keep. It is a pain in the ass, it will take you some time to choose.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when you download game but appears black screen its problem with my firmware (my classmate says its perhaps for anti piracy part of nintendo) my fbi its updated my freeshop (duh) updated too and my 3ds version its 11.(dont remenber) ¿my 3ds needs upgrade or downgrade?
Does this happens with any game you try to download or only a specific one? Which game is it?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Home menu themes idk, you might want to use tikshop for that, as you can just download themes using the theme shop using tikshop. Streetpass mii plaza is the streetpass dlc games. Also very safe to download.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help? Do I need to create the data/freeshop folders etc or do they get created automatically when you launch the cia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...