Not open for further replies.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I installed a title from the Freeshop - a US version onto my EU console.

There is a persistent "Software notification - Connect to Internet and Touch Open to Start Updating" scrolling message under the title.

Doing the update doesn't make it go away, it's kinda annoying. Any suggestions?
The answer is in your question

Devrim

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is the titlekeys site being updated manually or automatically? SMM (EUR) doesn't seem to show up.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the 'Wrong Title Key' error. I've made positive that my keys AREN'T decrypted and are the encrypted ones. I also reinstalled freeshop and the keys themselves multiple times and still to no avail.
This has mostly been confirmed to be a problem with an older Luma version, usually due to using Star Updater: https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues/216

You just need to use Luma Updater or update it manually.

Reactions: Quantumcat

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Anyone know of a reason that Freeshop isn't showing available updates for my installed games anymore?

I am using a JPN N3DSXL region changed to EUR and Luma 6.6. It used to display any updates or dlc available but I noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago and can't think what has changed?

Any suggestions would be great

Last edited by nippyn,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. Anyone know of a reason that Freeshop isn't showing available updates for my installed games anymore?
Do you have an example of a game? If there is no encrypted titlekey for the update found, it won't list any update.

Additionally, if freeShop shows the update as being installed but the home menu reports an update being available, it's possible there was a title version update which freeShop doesn't check, you just need to delete and reinstall the update if that's the case.

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have an example of a game? If there is no encrypted titlekey for the update found, it won't list any update.

Additionally, if freeShop shows the update as being installed but the home menu reports an update being available, it's possible there was a title version update which freeShop doesn't check, you just need to delete and reinstall the update if that's the case.
It seems to be all titles except for the themes. As an example, Hyrule Warriors is showing an update available on the home screen but Freeshop isn't showing anything for it. SMM is another example but I realise that hasn't been added to titlekeys yet

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be all titles except for the themes. As an example, Hyrule Warriors is showing an update available on the home screen but Freeshop isn't showing anything for it. SMM is another example but I realise that hasn't been added to titlekeys yet
Well if you go in freeShop, does it show an update as installed for Hyrule Warrior when you expand it in the game list? It shows a trash can icon if it's already installed. And if it does show it, try deleting and reinstalling the update.

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you go in freeShop, does it show an update as installed for Hyrule Warrior when you expand it in the game list? It shows a trash can icon if it's already installed. And if it does show it, try deleting and reinstalling the update.
Yup! This worked! Sorry for not already trying something so obvious in the first place! Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1