Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does installing games through Freeshop requires twice the space just like installing cia? Sorry for the noobish question

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know i asked this in another thread before, but is it possible to transfer both cia installed games and Freeshop installed games to another 3DS?

edit: how bout this is it possible to convert the Freeshop download games to a cia, so i could atleast move them to my PC.

Last edited by Darksphere92,

Alpinesuper0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i know i asked this in another thread before, but is it possible to transfer both cia installed games and Freeshop installed games to another 3DS?

edit: how bout this is it possible to convert the Freeshop download games to a cia, so i could atleast move them to my PC.

why not just download the cia simple.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

If you do a system transfer, the installed games do move just not the tickets, which causes them to not show up on the home menu. You can use an app like tikShop to install missing tickets and make them show up without having to reinstall them.

If you want to get cia files, you should use CIAngel instead of freeShop because it has the option of creating cias when it installs. It is possible to dump installed content with Decrypt9 I believe (that's how people distributed eShop games before apps that downloaded from the CDN existed) but I imagine it would be a very slow process.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do a system transfer, the installed games do move just not the tickets, which causes them to not show up on the home menu. You can use an app like tikShop to install missing tickets and make them show up without having to reinstall them.

If you want to get cia files, you should use CIAngel instead of freeShop because it has the option of creating cias when it installs. It is possible to dump installed content with Decrypt9 I believe (that's how people distributed eShop games before apps that downloaded from the CDN existed) but I imagine it would be a very slow process.
odd i cant boot Decrypt9, it just boots me back to Homebrew Launcher.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you're not booting into Hourglass9? Decrypt9 will say Decrypt9. They were both made by the same creator, Hourglass9 was meant to be a dummied down version of Decrypt9.
it says Decrypt9, so this can turn freeshop games into cia to be installed on other 3DS? if so how do i use this. thanks.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt9 can do this. You just need to know the Title ID of the game.

Content Decryptor Options -> CIA Builder Options -> CIA Builder (SysNAND/orig.) or CIA Builder (SysNAND/decr.). Use the D-Pad to select the correct Title ID. Make sure you have the latest version downloaded.

it says Decrypt9, so this can turn freeshop games into cia to be installed on other 3DS? if so how do i use this. thanks.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, im probably not going to be able to do this my SD Card is out of memory (Only 100MB left), might just have to redownload them all

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
You can also dump the seeddb from your console and download by funkeycia (with groovycia) all your cias directly on your computer. Or download the enctitlekeys.bin from that keys site and do the same.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also dump the seeddb from your console and download by funkeycia (with groovycia) all your cias directly on your computer. Or download the enctitlekeys.bin from that keys site and do the same.
thanks will look into that, just going to buy a 128GB Mirco SD Card and redownload all the games (maybe back them up on my PC).

squalow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks will look into that, just going to buy a 128GB Mirco SD Card and redownload all the games (maybe back them up on my PC).
Yeah , just back up , you wont have to redownload if you keep the same 3DS just transfert everything from old micro sd to the new one

squalow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah , just back up , you wont have to redownload if you keep the same 3DS just transfert everything from old micro sd to the new one

squalow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do it anyway , there must be a way to do that ! can a nand back up be used on another 3DS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A phone can do more than a TV +2