Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if it is ok to ask for it but could someone point me in the direction of a mirror for freeShop. Been looking around and that lead me here but have yet to find a site that is hosting the file.

ShadowSgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ok understand.
I just bought new 3ds's for my kids for christmas and I'm not even sure if freeShop would even work as they are on the latest firmware update from Nintendo.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I Wish they will ignore the DM.... and post it on github on a new account... (Is there anyone that has the latest file or something? Send me a pm to the link i will host it myself...)

EDIT : I will see if i put it on github in all the cases it will on mega...

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goddammit Kotaku, you forgot to quote the most important bit of Cruels tirade:

TheCruel said:
And the argument can be used against their own eShop application, which facilitates theft by installing unowned copies of Nintendo's games when users merely install tickets locally. The only difference is freeShop gives slightly more control over ticket installation, you can even install tickets with nonsense keys you give it and they'll just fail.

Also, reminder that the takedown was filed within part of the usage of the "Nintendo 3DS Logo Data file", which is the boot up screen for various CIAs. Something which could put all other CIA homebrew at risk if I'm not mistaken unless makerom changes (can it be changed).

Reactions: I pwned U!

Dsim64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So......I can't access freeShop (If this is related to the DMCA (previously, the actual app still worked just fine), please reply)
It crashes with "An error has occured. This system will restart." upon queuing an install.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So......I can't access freeShop (If this is related to the DMCA (previously, the actual app still worked just fine), please reply)
It crashes with "An error has occured. This system will restart." upon queuing an install.
works fine for me.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Also, reminder that the takedown was filed within part of the usage of the "Nintendo 3DS Logo Data file", which is the boot up screen for various CIAs. Something which could put all other CIA homebrew at risk if I'm not mistaken unless makerom changes (can it be changed).
After this has been mentioned I actually began to make note of that, most homebrews have the default boot up sequence, but FBI and if I remember correctly, the homebrew launcher, use their own boot up sequence (basically displays "Homebrew" in plain text on both screens). If this is grounds for Nintendo to file DMCA's, I'd recommend all developers to switch to the one FBI and Homebrew Launcher uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
5 days later my chrismas gift (3ds with freeshop) nintendo attacks an only have pokemon x alpha sapphire and moon
da logick... (actually my 3ds its useless)
in summary
nintendo cancels projects
nintendo attacks freeshop and piracy overall

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
5 days later my chrismas gift (3ds with freeshop) nintendo attacks an only have pokemon x alpha sapphire and moon
da logick... (actually my 3ds its useless)
in summary
nintendo cancels projects
nintendo attacks freeshop and piracy overall
I'm pretty sure CIAngel still works, so you can use that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Kotaku is a shit site anyways, they always leave out details

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who aren't aware, current freeShop installations are relatively unaffected. freeShop simply won't be able to update itself because that portion relied on Github's hosting. The game list will still be able to update itself, however.

Don't fall for trolls claiming you're more likely to be banned now or something for using freeShop. It's no less "safe" than any alternative game installers. And if Nintendo did ban you, it would be an IP ban most likely. But they risk a lot of false positives for this, likely not worth them taking action, even to punish pirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up